October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Kingdom Death. How to screw up, and be awesome

More
20 Sep 2016 12:27 #234616 by Cranberries
I wonder how many of these will be purchased for flipping...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 15:18 #234622 by Msample

cranaic wrote: I wonder how many of these will be purchased for flipping...

I think as KS has grown, this has become a bigger percentage of backers jumping in , esp for high price projects with a ton of exclusives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
25 Nov 2016 03:05 #239111 by Feelitmon
Kicktraq estimates that the KDM 1.5 will surpass $110m. Now, clearly it won't get that high--the project had a lot of pent-up demand from the original version's relative scarcity, so the initial surge is huge--but HOLY SHIT.

More
25 Nov 2016 10:06 #239114 by Gary Sax
Very happy for the creator. K:DM is the perfect Kickstarter game for the legitimately cool reasons Kickstarter exists.

That said, there won't be any 400 dollar tenure gift to myself so no go. I must say that I hope someone makes a boss battle campaign game in this style again, though, maybe without the titty monster and cheesecake. The game itself sounds right up my alley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Colorcrayons, Feelitmon

More
27 Nov 2016 09:21 #239191 by Cranberries
They've taken in almost five million, but it seems to be leveling out. I wonder how much of that is profit. I also wonder what would happen to the quality of the game if he moved it to traditional publishing and distribution.

More
28 Nov 2016 19:09 #239319 by moofrank
The biggest problems are: that there haven't been that many expansions open up.....so addon purchases aren't happening.
And a lot of the bigger ticket things included all unlocked stuff.

More
18 Dec 2016 16:51 #240877 by Gary Sax
"Ok, so it's 3:49 in the morning and I'm playing through the first set of Kingdom Death and pretty much the first thing I've done is punch a Lion's dick off. Here's our Kingdom Death review."

Solid review, but I happen to like Shut up and Sit Down.

www.shutupandsitdown.com/review-kingdom-death-monster/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
18 Dec 2016 18:15 - 18 Dec 2016 18:15 #240880 by Brewmiester
Don't know if this is the right place for this or not but a nicely painted Black Knight

Black Knight
Last edit: 18 Dec 2016 18:15 by Brewmiester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
18 Dec 2016 18:33 #240881 by Vlad

Gary Sax wrote: "Ok, so it's 3:49 in the morning and I'm playing through the first set of Kingdom Death and pretty much the first thing I've done is punch a Lion's dick off. Here's our Kingdom Death review."

Solid review, but I happen to like Shut up and Sit Down.

www.shutupandsitdown.com/review-kingdom-death-monster/

I don't like video reviews on general principles, because they're gimmicky and not workplace-appropriate. But SU&SD I watch when a game is particularly interesting. Like this one. And it is an excellent review, in my opinion. Like it tells me exactly why I should not, under any circumstance, go nuts and invest in KDM. I wish there was something like KDM on my Ipad. There is just no way I could handle this administration all by myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
19 Dec 2016 03:58 #240897 by Thrun
I still dont understand what the fuck its supposed to mean with "We dont like to Review games you might already own". What sort of gibberish is that?

More
19 Dec 2016 16:26 #240961 by SebastianBludd
I think he's referring to the fact that when it comes to Kickstarter board games, a lot of times "new release" = "mostly in the hands of backers with little to no retail presence." In such a scenario his review would exist primarily for the edification of backers rather than informing potential buyers. After all, wasn't KD:M a boutique release where first editions are now only available on the secondary market?

I've never watched a Sit Down, Shut Up review before but I thought this one was fair and informative. Plus, he made literally six This is Spinal Tap references - including a couple deep cuts - so he gets points for that.

More
19 Dec 2016 19:17 #240989 by Frohike

SebastianBludd wrote: After all, wasn't KD:M a boutique release where first editions are now only available on the secondary market?

I generally agree with the principle that he explained, but I'm distrustful of that being the actual reason for not reviewing it when the game was, in fact, available through retail (if you count the KDM shop as retail; it was there, ready for you to part with $400... for quite awhile actually).

It's pretty clear that not reviewing it had more to do with their own budget, and I think just a general reticence to tackle a game of this scope for what they assumed was a very limited audience.

The latest campaign caused some fans to coordinate and get a copy of the game for SUSD to review. Given the opportunity to have access to the game for an extended amount of time for free, the review ensued.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SebastianBludd

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds