October 09, 2023
2288 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Let's Delve Into Shadespire

More
06 Feb 2018 09:47 #262956 by Mr. White
These Fyreslayers look fantastic. Incredible art on the cards. These stunties look better to me than their AoS army counterparts.

www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/05/w...sgw-homepage-post-1/

Also, there's a Shadespire tourney coming up in my area this month. Every time I've played in a tournament (besides Blood Bowl) it's put me off the game. I'm contemplating if I should participate in this or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2018 14:20 #264911 by Mr. White
Not my work, but R A D I C A L.

Mirrored Shades(pire).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Brewmiester, charlest, barrowdown

More
08 Mar 2018 10:25 #265013 by Stonecutter
Rules questions as I just played for the first time this past weekend.

When you attack and do damage, you MUST push, or you CAN push?
When you score an objective card, do you take glory tokens, or do you just set the card aside and add the score to your tokens at the end of the game? Basically I'm asking if you can spend the glory you get from objective cards to play upgrades.

More
08 Mar 2018 10:28 - 08 Mar 2018 10:28 #265014 by Mr. White
* I think it is you CAN push.
* You get a glory token which you can spend on upgrades. Remember though, when you spend a glory token, you still keep the token. Just flip it over showing 'spent'. It still counts toward glory total. Many first time players have discarded glory tokens and not counting them after buying upgrades.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2018 10:28 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonecutter

More
08 Mar 2018 10:34 #265017 by Mr. White
Another piece that isn't mine, but I like even more. it would actually be cool, and quick, to paint all the warbands like this. souls trapped and forever fighting in the mirrored city...
But i've already painted some of my warbands. :(

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester

More
08 Mar 2018 11:09 #265025 by Gary Sax
That's a super neat idea.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:23 #265036 by Matt Thrower

Gary Sax wrote: That's a super neat idea.

Indeed it is. Although the miniatures might look a bit dull with the same colour scheme on both sides, I do love the idea that they're all ghosts, doomed to fight it out forever. Avoids the obvious problem with the fluff of the game, too, with the same tiny warbands exterminating each other over and over again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Mr. White

More
08 Mar 2018 11:25 - 08 Mar 2018 11:32 #265037 by Mr. White
It could also provide paint job consistency across one's whole collection. I think it would look sweet.

Alternatively, if there's a concern about too much of one color, what about each group of apparitions having their own 'glow' color? one warband green like these fyreslayers, another glowing blue, another red, etc.

Personally, I would lean toward the former. And i'd sprinkle in color with terrain pieces like this:
hexy-shop.com/shop/terrain-buildings/fan...e-ruins-terrain-set/

I'm keen to do this, but don't want to buy a new set or strip the models I already painted...

EDIT: though a second set would net me boards for multiplayer and more objective cards for decks...
Last edit: 08 Mar 2018 11:32 by Mr. White.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:44 #265041 by Space Ghost
I like that -- I haven't painted mine yet, so might give that a whirl for each of the warbands. You could paint the figures as specters, but the weapons as "material" -- something they pick up each time they rematerilize?

I don't know how to get different color glows, but maybe give a glow that is reflective of the paint scheme for each warband (orange for fireslayers, red of khorne, yellow for Orcs, etc...)

More
08 Mar 2018 11:45 #265042 by Stonecutter

Mr. White wrote: * I think it is you CAN push.
* You get a glory token which you can spend on upgrades. Remember though, when you spend a glory token, you still keep the token. Just flip it over showing 'spent'. It still counts toward glory total. Many first time players have discarded glory tokens and not counting them after buying upgrades.

Thanks. Yeah I got the whole "spending it doesn't make it go away" part.

My confusion stemmed from what to physically do with the card after you score it. It didn't seem to me like you were supposed to discard it, so I thought maybe you just kept it with your glory tokens that you earned from eliminating figures, in which case I thought maybe the glory markers on the card were just points and didn't convert into tokens.

I'm probably just being dense.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:45 - 08 Mar 2018 11:47 #265043 by Mr. White

Space Ghost wrote: I like that -- I haven't painted mine yet, so might give that a whirl for each of the warbands. You could paint the figures as specters, but the weapons as "material" -- something they pick up each time they rematerilize?

I don't know how to get different color glows, but maybe give a glow that is reflective of the paint scheme for each warband (orange for fireslayers, red of khorne, yellow for Orcs, etc...)

I would guess it's as simple as priming the models white then running washes or glazes over the white. Follow it up with a little white dry brushing on some of the highest points possibly.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2018 11:47 by Mr. White.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:55 #265045 by Matt Thrower

Mr. White wrote: Alternatively, if there's a concern about too much of one color, what about each group of apparitions having their own 'glow' color? one warband green like these fyreslayers, another glowing blue, another red, etc.

Personally, I would lean toward the former. And i'd sprinkle in color with terrain pieces like this:
hexy-shop.com/shop/terrain-buildings/fan...e-ruins-terrain-set/

I'm keen to do this, but don't want to buy a new set or strip the models I already painted....

I like the idea of different coloured washes, but I'm not stripping my 3 painted orcs to do them again.

Love the scenery. I've been waiting for a studio to come up with something like that for the game. In the meantime I've made my own arrangements with bits of Spellcrow scenery, which should be getting a short feature soon.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:59 #265047 by Mr. White
I've been using Mage Knight stuff as terrain, but I like the bits I linked to above far more.

here's what I'm currently using.
thepit198.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/warha...-shadespire-terrain/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
08 Mar 2018 12:17 #265049 by Matt Thrower

Mr. White wrote: I've been using Mage Knight stuff as terrain, but I like the bits I linked to above far more.

here's what I'm currently using.
thepit198.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/warha...-shadespire-terrain/

Yeah, I'm quite tempted to invest in a set because I can use it - along with the pieces I'm currently using - as Frostgrave extras, too.

More
21 Mar 2018 23:46 - 22 Mar 2018 10:33 #266152 by Mr. White
Looks like Nighthaunt is the first revealed warband of Shadespire 2 (or whatever it'll be called).

Last week we revealed two new Warhammer Underworlds warbands. Once you get these two expansions in your hands, the astute among you will notice that the cards in these sets fill out the numbering in the Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire library. Hang on – does that mean there are no more cards or warbands?

Of course not.

Worry not, brave explorers of the Mirrored City, we have plans to carry on supporting this game for a long time yet, and we dare say the Underworlds still have plenty of horrors to uncover.

Here’s a sneak peek at what’s to come…

Edit: Looks like that's a new Stormcast warband as well per the icon in the upper right. I wouldn't be surprised if these two are in the new starter, what with the war v Death going on now.

Edit II: 557 is a much higher cardcount than set 1 had. 10 warbands in Shadespire 2?
Last edit: 22 Mar 2018 10:33 by Mr. White.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds