October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

How do you sell your games?

More
18 Sep 2016 11:38 #234508 by cdennett

wadenels wrote: I've got a scale and use the calculator, but I didn't know about the paypal thing. Thanks!

Cough....

cdennett wrote: One big tip I learned part way through this process: for small packages always use PayPal to buy shipping. Those medium flat rate boxes that cost you $13.45 at the post office are $11.65 (I think) doing it via PayPal (with no fees if you don't use CC). They also offer some shipping options you can't get via the USPS website if the buyer can wait another week. The interface on PayPal sucks in general, but once you figure out that a "package" is defined as (length + 2*(width+height)) < 84" then you can price on weight (and zipcode) alone. That helps me be a bit more competitive.

(And it's $11.95 for the medium flat rate). Once I discovered PayPal, I don't think I've charged over $12 for shipping except for rectangular boxes (IE. no flat rate) that are in the 5 pound range. Be sure to look at the 2-9 day parcel shipping, too. No insurance and longer transit times, but for heavier packages it can sometimes save a bunch of money (knocked off $5 in one case for me). Just note what I said above about the size of a "package" for USPS, because anything within that is completely driven by weight/zipcode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, wadenels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2016 20:06 #236584 by Da Bid Dabid
Ughhh I hate selling stuff but remembered this thread and dug it up to ask for advice.

I would like some fun money to buy a sweatshirt, a game and a bunch of minis from Europe, and maybe Gorechosen, and Star Trek: Ascendancy.

Ideally I'd like to sell a closet of OLD warmachine miniatures that sit in a basement somwhere, but the thought of finding and inventorying them is seemingly more exhausting then doing it with games.... which is why I almost never sell games, such a hassle. I'd love to unload big item stuff just because doing this with one item is less daunting then with multiples or running a huge sale.

Does anyone know any good place for minis to be sold at like 40% retail or so?

Honestly I guess I just needed to complain about the work I know it will take to get rid of this stuff that I really don't want to do.

More
20 Oct 2016 20:16 #236586 by gversace
Bartertown.com

More
21 Oct 2016 00:37 #236603 by SebastianBludd
Honestly, you're going to be inventorying it anyway, so you might as well search completed eBay auctions to see what you're stuff's going for. Do a search for completed auctions for Warmachine lots or armies if you're loathe to part every little mini out, and you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can get for a shrewdly constructed bundle.

I've sold a lot on eBay and I would sell minis of any stripe any day of the week over board games, given the chance. When I was hip deep in an old Warhammer/WH40K lot I was reselling, I used 6"x6"x6" boxes for selling almost exclusively, and I didn't pack anything up before I shipped it. I'd put the minis in the box with packing material but I wouldn't tape it closed when I weighed it. That way I didn't need a dozen boxes sitting around and I wouldn't be stuck with superfluous boxes if I was combining shipping on multiple lots won by the same person.

You don't have to inventory it all at once; spread it out over a week if it seems too big of a job. Inventory one night, pics the next night, etc. One of my favorite tricks for motivating myself is, if I'm fairly certain what my items will sell for, I'll buy my fun stuff first so I can guilt myself into getting off my butt and doing it. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Da Bid Dabid

More
17 Aug 2017 12:35 #252555 by ChristopherMD
Anyone know any Cons in New England that I can sell/auction games at? I'm not a big fan of Cons so don't really know whats around.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds