October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Maryland Meet-up

More
09 May 2008 15:26 #6189 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
KingPut wrote:

I can pick Ken up in Columbia at about 6:00 PM and get down to Silver Spring arround 6:45 so we can grab a sandwich and beer.

That would rock, man! I will gladly give you some gas funds and/or buy you a beer for your trouble.

If Blackbeard's not going to pan out, we can always go with one of the old standbys (Game of Thrones, Descent, Fury of Dracula, Doom, something like that...I'm a FFG whore.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2008 00:42 - 10 May 2008 00:46 #6215 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
Ken B. wrote:

KingPut wrote:

I can pick Ken up in Columbia at about 6:00 PM and get down to Silver Spring arround 6:45 so we can grab a sandwich and beer.

That would rock, man! I will gladly give you some gas funds and/or buy you a beer for your trouble.

If Blackbeard's not going to pan out, we can always go with one of the old standbys (Game of Thrones, Descent, Fury of Dracula, Doom, something like that...I'm a FFG whore.)

I'll do my damnedest to be able to give a starter course in Blackbeard by the 31st. This might be my only chance to play it with a group [at least for quite a while], so I hope to take advantage of it!

And, if there's another game or two on the docket, please give me a heads-up so I can familiarize myself with the rules. I only recently joined up with a group of Trashies in VA, but we've been locked into Descent:RtL since I hitched on with 'em. [And, I have to say, getting in with a game group has an extremely weird "first date" quality to it. Good crew and fun gamers, though our RtL has been really demoralizing as the OL has thoroughly kicked our asses up and down thus far.]
Last edit: 10 May 2008 00:46 by Dogmatix.

More
12 May 2008 19:32 - 12 May 2008 19:34 #6304 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
So I called up Potbelly Sandwich Works, the location we were planning to meet Friday, May 30th to play Blackbeard or some other Trash.

Potbelly Guy: "Hello, Potbelly Sandwich Works."
Me: "Hi, do you guys sell beer?"
Potbelly Guy: "No"
Me: "So, I can bring my own beer?"
Potbelly Guy: "No"
Me: "Oh, well what size tables do you have?"
Potbelly Guy: "Tables for 2 people or booths for 4 people."
Me: "Oh, that doesn't really sound big enough to play a big Ameritrash game. Thanks"

So I'm working on plan B. IganaDitty, the winner of Trashfest 2008 didn't know that as the winner of Trashfest 2008 he is also the goodwill ambassador to any F:AT people who travel to Maryland from out of town. So he's agreed to throw an Ameritrash Party.

Ken, I still plan on picking you up arround 6:00 PM. Dogmatix, IganaDitty will send you his address and other details.

Games: Blackbeard is still my top choice. Other options are Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula or StarCraft unless somebody else has a suggestion. Ti3 is Wednesday night's game.
Last edit: 12 May 2008 19:34 by KingPut.

More
12 May 2008 22:09 #6309 by Malloc
Replied by Malloc on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
My plan was Wed night.

1st is happy hour. Starting at 5 at the greene turtle in columbia. (You can walk there from the hotel you are staying in) Then I can take Ken to Bobby Tweaks Game night. (8pm) We play some games until when ever. Then Ken can crash at my place, (I have a spare bed room and I already cleared it with the wife) and I can swing him back to Columbia in the morning. What time do you need to be back "At Work"? This will avoid you having to navigate back down there late at night.

I will check on Friday but silver spring is a haul. So I am probably out for that.

there is a game store in Savage Mill near Columbia. (Not my Favorite store) but they do have gaming there, I will check what days.

Let me know if that sounds good.

-M

More
13 May 2008 06:58 #6322 by Ken B.
Both the above sound like solid plans. We'll exchange cell #s as we get closer to time (only two weeks!)

More
13 May 2008 10:26 #6337 by Malloc
What games are you looking to play?

-M

More
13 May 2008 10:41 #6339 by Ken B.
I'm pretty flexible. Just no Mission Red Planet. Or any games where the rules must be explained by Steve Avery...he's some sort of sexual deviant.

I will be limited by what I can bring with me, because I'm only bringing a carry-on bag and a laptop bag. I don't trust airlines with my stuff, everyone I know has either had their luggage lost or seriously delayed at some point or another. And I do not want to wear the same clothes in Maryland for five days. (You guys will thank me for this.)

That means whatever you've got, I'll play. I'd like to try Mare Nostrum, as I just got that in trade and would like to learn the rules (that was you that picked that up, right Malloc?) Game of Thrones is a solid standby that doesn't run too long. Fury of Dracula is a favorite. I dig Marvel Heroes. Twilight Imperium was bandied about and I'm always down for that. Last Night on Earth is excellent.

Some stuff I've never played that I'd like to have a go at would be War on Terror, Starcraft, Dune (yes, I am shameful, but no one I game with regularly owns it), Warrior Knights, Britannia...blah blah blah I could go on and on.

If you're okay with bringing me back that early, crashing at your pad will be the course of action. Much obliged for the hospitality. Just don't tell my work that they're paying for a night at that hotel that I'm not even going to be using...

More
13 May 2008 19:28 - 13 May 2008 19:29 #6370 by iguanaDitty
Replied by iguanaDitty on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
> I will check on Friday but silver spring is a haul. So I am probably out for that.

It's Greenbelt, actually, but it's still a haul for you I think. "Goodwill Ambassador" hey? heh, heh, heh. I'm happy to host, but if a different location would be better for others that's fine also.

Blackbeard would be awesome, I also have Arkham, Fury, Last Night on Earth, and everyone's favorite, American Megafauna. KingPut has Starcraft. Really I'm up for anything.
Last edit: 13 May 2008 19:29 by iguanaDitty.

More
15 May 2008 11:17 #6431 by Dogmatix
iguanaDitty wrote:

> I will check on Friday but silver spring is a haul. So I am probably out for that.

It's Greenbelt, actually, but it's still a haul for you I think.

I'll be coming from west of Dulles Airport, and a few miles down 95 is a haul? Mal is a grade-A wuss. ;-P

More
15 May 2008 11:32 #6434 by Malloc
I didnt say it was too far to go, i said friday night is out for me.

-M

More
19 May 2008 16:19 #6711 by Ken B.
Did we determine what games are on tap for each night? If it's something I'm not familiar with I'll try to bone up on the rules.

More
19 May 2008 18:06 - 19 May 2008 18:08 #6716 by Dogmatix
Ken B. wrote:

Did we determine what games are on tap for each night? If it's something I'm not familiar with I'll try to bone up on the rules.

Unless something has changed I believe I'm bringing Blackbeard along for Friday. I've lined up a game with a friend and will have had at least 1 F2F play [possibly more] under my belt before next Friday, but I'd really suggest that folks take a look at the rules for this one. It's not *difficult* per se, but, even though this is a "hybrid" title [or less of a classic Berg simulation anyway], like all things Richard Berg, there's a lot of shit to both do and to keep track of.

But, I'm also perfectly happy just to bring Blackbeard along for folks to look at if there's another game that y'all would prefer to get to the table.
Last edit: 19 May 2008 18:08 by Dogmatix.

More
21 May 2008 14:13 - 21 May 2008 14:14 #6858 by Ken B.
Kingput and Malloc, do you mind sending me your cell #s so that I'll have them?
Last edit: 21 May 2008 14:14 by Ken B..

More
21 May 2008 16:52 - 21 May 2008 16:57 #6870 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Maryland Meet-up
I'm printing up Blackbeard tonight. I should be able to read them sometime this weekend after going paintballing. The best part about Ken B. coming to town is that I can tell my wife. "Ken B. is coming to town I have go out both Wed. and Friday to play Ameritrash games."
Last edit: 21 May 2008 16:57 by KingPut.

More
22 May 2008 10:59 #6902 by Malloc
Ken

I was thinking t13 for wed (4 player), but I am always thinking ti3 so if you are sick of that game let me know and we can kick your ass in another game.

I pm'd ya my cell. Call me and we can work out details.

-M

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds