October 09, 2023
2544 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

A Convergance of F:ATties?

More
17 Aug 2010 08:04 #71542 by Stephen Avery
Well its 4th day back to work for me which means...I'm ready to start planning some gaming.

Right now there is a ticket sale with some really cheap fairs to/from ATL. Also I discovered that driving is not too expensive if you can split the gas with some one.

So anyone interested in getting together if I set something up?

Jan/or Feb 2011 might be good. We could do it earlier if it is better for people. I can host up to four people. More than that would need to find other accomidations.

Now that I've done it once I have a better idea of how to organize things and expect it to go much more smoothly.

It is not my intention to try to start a full fledged invitational con but if we get a lot of people who want to come I'll check on getting a discount rate on rooms.

Steve"Loves a Party"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2010 08:19 #71543 by ufe
Replied by ufe on topic Re:A Convergance of F:ATties?
Jan/Feb eh? I'll try to get down there this time. Hopefully that's enough time to get my shit together.

More
17 Aug 2010 09:38 #71552 by Last Alchemist
A chance to avenge my lost at Cadwallon: City of Thieves to you? I'm down.

Feb. would most definitely be better for me. Plus it would be a nice escape from the crappy northern winter weather.

LA

More
17 Aug 2010 10:23 #71559 by MattFantastic
I could maybe possibly do Jan sometime (before classes start up again), but given my finances it would be highly unlikely. Grad school doesn't really pay well haha

More
17 Aug 2010 10:27 #71562 by Ken B.
Steve, if you can work with me based on which week/weekend I'll have the kids, I'd be glad to attend.

My brother and I were just talking yesterday about making Gamefest plans in Jan...but the only reason we'd go would be to game with you guys anyway. Well, that and the sweet flea market.

Maybe we should just plan on organizing around Gamefest, and take over an entire gaming room the way we did last time?

(We started about 6pm in one of the side gaming rooms; there were three-four other tables going on at the time. We were apparently so loud and having such a good time that we ruined some of the other folks' AP-style whatever they had goin' on, and soon it was just us in the room. Yeah, it was dickish, but we didn't do it on purpose...we were just having the time of our lives, shooting the shit, drinking beer, and playing the hell out of some boardgames.)

More
17 Aug 2010 10:46 #71572 by Stephen Avery
Gamefest is a definate possiblity. A big reason for inviting people to stay with me is to keep it cheap. If they only have to pay for transportation and some food then it usually runs only about $100-200 (for gas or airfaire)which is completely doable.

Richard has been doing a flea market at his "League of Extrodiary Gamers" and it is starting to pick up in volume and selection.

If we can get Loiter and Superfly down at the same time then we can charge tickets and maybe even make a profit-and that is nmot evne counting the bet fixing...

Steve"Place your Bets!"Avery

More
17 Aug 2010 11:26 - 17 Aug 2010 11:28 #71575 by billyz
Arrrrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!!

I probably won't be able to make it down to one of these FOR NEXT FEW YEARS.... Apparently there isn't enough brownie points in the world to convince the wife to let me leave town, and her alone with my one and three year old daughters more than once a year.

What can I say? My Kung Fu is weak. Something tells me that this year's Averyfest is gonna be awsome...

*sigh*
Last edit: 17 Aug 2010 11:28 by billyz.

More
17 Aug 2010 11:30 #71576 by flim_flam
billyz wrote:

Apparently there isn't enough brownie points in the world to convince the wife to let me leave town, and her alone with my one and three year old daughters more than once a year.

I REALLY underestimated this fact of life....until I had a kid myself...

More
17 Aug 2010 11:32 #71577 by Chapel
Yes, I think Dallas will as far as I'll be allowed to go this year. See some of you at BGG.CON. With all the other whipped baby-daddys. :)

More
17 Aug 2010 11:57 - 17 Aug 2010 11:58 #71581 by Mr. White
I've traveled up to Dallas for GW GTs, but not for BGGCON. Are there any wargams played there? I'd _love_ to go to the WBC to play block games, but don't have the resources, atm. Do they do any kind of wargame tourneys at BGGCON?

Also, Chapel, ever go to that little MilleniumCon thing they run in Round Rock?
Last edit: 17 Aug 2010 11:58 by Mr. White.

More
17 Aug 2010 12:04 - 17 Aug 2010 12:07 #71583 by Chapel
Jack Hooligan wrote:

I've traveled up to Dallas for GW GTs, but not for BGGCON. Are there any wargams played there? I'd _love_ to go to the WBC to play block games, but don't have the resources, atm. Do they do any kind of wargame tourneys at BGGCON?

Also, Chapel, ever go to that little MilleniumCon thing they run in Round Rock?

They play a lot of wargames at BGG.CON. Or at least I see them being played a lot. As for tourneys, I don't think they have any wargaming tourneys, but don't quote me on that.

I've been to MilleniumCon a few times. I'm not much of a "mini" player anymore, but it's like a mile from where I live so I like to take a quick trip to check out the action now and again. I always dig the Circus Maximus setup they always do. Plus, I'd like to get into some of the D&D they do, but haven't been in the RPGA in a long while.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2010 12:07 by Chapel.

More
17 Aug 2010 12:31 #71585 by MattFantastic
Stephen Avery wrote:

If we can get Loiter and Superfly down at the same time then we can charge tickets and maybe even make a profit-and that is nmot evne counting the bet fixing...

Pay for my trip and I'll fight whoever you like as long as it won't land me in jail.

More
17 Aug 2010 15:41 #71607 by Josh Look
I would do my damndest to get down there.

More
17 Aug 2010 15:44 #71609 by flim_flam
MattLoter wrote:

I'll fight whoever you like as long as it won't land me in jail.

Krav Maga, bitches!

More
17 Aug 2010 15:59 #71611 by billyz
Loter teaches Krav Maga?

Hunh. Cool.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds