October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What are you waiting to go ON CLEARANCE in a year?

More
11 Dec 2016 21:34 - 12 Dec 2016 01:43 #240359 by SecretSantana
Personally, I'm hoping for the new version of Acquire.

Or maybe YOUR SOULS.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2016 01:43 by SecretSantana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2016 08:24 #240363 by Black Barney
Whatever console has Mario Kart on it, oh and a TV to go with it

More
12 Dec 2016 14:58 - 12 Dec 2016 18:35 #240387 by Gary Sax
This is a good thread idea. I'm going with new big arkham horror coop LCG set w/some expansions. I would never buy it new, but at a low clearance price from someone...
Last edit: 12 Dec 2016 18:35 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, drewcula

More
12 Dec 2016 15:16 #240388 by charlest
KLASK
Escape Room: The Game
Darkness Comes Rattling
Snow Tails
Thebes
Black Orchestra
Hands in the Sea

More
12 Dec 2016 15:32 #240390 by ChristopherMD
The remainder of Barnes' non-minis forever shelf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, Colorcrayons

More
12 Dec 2016 15:37 #240391 by ChristopherMD

charlest wrote: Snow Tails

You can have my older edition for cost of shipping if you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
12 Dec 2016 15:43 #240393 by Michael Barnes

Mad Dog wrote: The remainder of Barnes' non-minis forever shelf.

Ha, I'm pretty much down to the minimum on the board games I have- aside from new stuff I've got for review- are things either family games for my kids or things I'm not parting with . Best of the best kinds of stuff. Not divesting myself of stuff on the level of El Grande, the top line Knizia titles, Cosmic, Wiz-War, Settlers, Talisman, Acquire, ST: Ascendancy, that kind of stuff. There are a couple of iffy titles on the shelf right now, but no decision has been made on them for now.

I was looking at a couple of older titles the other day and REALLY questioning whether I should pass them on...Tales of the Arabian Nights, for example, which may be my most dusty shelf toad. I don't think that box has been opened in seven or eight years. In fact, I think I've played that Z-Man copy once. Before that I played several times with a homemade copy but that was when it was out of print.

More
12 Dec 2016 16:23 #240396 by SecretSantana
I'll take Tales of the Arabian Nights.

More
12 Dec 2016 16:31 - 12 Dec 2016 16:33 #240397 by RobertB
Michael Barnes wrote:

I was looking at a couple of older titles the other day and REALLY questioning whether I should pass them on...Tales of the Arabian Nights, for example, which may be my most dusty shelf toad.

I talked the missus into buying me a copy for my birthday, way back when. "It'll be great, they'll love it," I thought. To put it mildly, that turned out not to be the case. To this day, if I push for a new game I get, "This isn't one of those games where you read all the damn time, is it?"

Anyway, on clearance? Since Sons of Anarchy can be had for $15, so maybe Homeland, although that's a tough sell for nearly all my gamer friends and relatives. I would pay $20 for Firefly, but that isn't going to happen.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2016 16:33 by RobertB.

More
12 Dec 2016 16:49 #240399 by Michael Barnes

SecretSantana wrote: I'll take Tales of the Arabian Nights.

If you are serious, $35 shipped!

I'd like to see some Zombicide: Black Plague on clearance...I have he main stuff but I wouldn't mind some of the extras like the 3D doors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
12 Dec 2016 16:57 #240400 by southernman

RobertB wrote: Michael Barnes wrote:

I was looking at a couple of older titles the other day and REALLY questioning whether I should pass them on...Tales of the Arabian Nights, for example, which may be my most dusty shelf toad.

I talked the missus into buying me a copy for my birthday, way back when. "It'll be great, they'll love it," I thought. To put it mildly, that turned out not to be the case. To this day, if I push for a new game I get, "This isn't one of those games where you read all the damn time, is it?"

Anyway, on clearance? Since Sons of Anarchy can be had for $15, so maybe Homeland, although that's a tough sell for nearly all my gamer friends and relatives. I would pay $20 for Firefly, but that isn't going to happen.

I was about to say we don't have stupid clearance process in the UK when I saw your post and remembered I had just seen a post at BGG for a UK site that has Sons of Anarchy and both expansions at stupid (for UK) prices as well as a Spartacus expansion - but usually that doesn't happen here.

More
15 Dec 2016 00:21 #240627 by Frohike
Doom. I'd pick it up for cheap. Judging by FFGs newly acquired inability to keep a line of games that isn't Star Wars going past a couple of expansions, I'm guessing it'll hit clearance in a year or two.

Also the euro FFG line, namely Ra and Tigris & Euphrates
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
15 Dec 2016 01:44 #240630 by Frohike
I'm also considering getting rid of my copy of Arabian Nights. The shipping is going to be a bitch, though. It's big & heavy.

More
15 Dec 2016 03:16 #240634 by Space Ghost

RobertB wrote: Michael Barnes wrote:

I have an opened, never played copy of Firefly -- I'll sell it for $20. I also have an expansion (maybe 2). We can talk about that too if you are interested.

More
15 Dec 2016 07:06 #240637 by JEM
Firefly was $18 on Amazon earlier this year. On that note, I expect every Gale Force Nine game to go on fire sale at some point, so Star Trek: Ascendancy and the new Doctor Who game are on my watch list.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds