October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
26 Dec 2017 14:07 #259611 by stormseeker75
I was sick over Christmas so we watched a bunch of Christmas movies: National Lampoon, Die Hard, The Santa Clause.

I also managed to watch Death Note. What a turd. Fun idea. Bad acting, bad story, bad effects. Just bad. I am assured by friends that the manga and anime are far superior so maybe I'll try that out because the idea is really interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2017 18:45 #259690 by Michael Barnes
Blade Runner 2049 is now available digitally. So if you were foolish and missed it in theaters, here is your chance to partially redeem yourselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
27 Dec 2017 19:32 #259692 by Black Barney
It won’t be the same :(. The cinematography was breathtaking.

But yeah I thought of that movie a bunch after Last Jedi. Star Wars made me feel better than Blade Runner but the latter made me feel MORE. That’s gotta count for something.

More
27 Dec 2017 20:10 #259696 by Jackwraith
Saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It was really well done. I'm kind of amazed that it wasn't a Coen Brothers screenplay, because it was redolent of their style and, of course, had Frances McDormand in a lead role. She was excellent and the whole cast clearly bought in to the story, as there wasn't really a note out of place the whole time. There was one point where it dragged a bit, as we were clearly making the transition to the third act, but overall I can't recommend it enough. Heartfelt and very funny.

More
27 Dec 2017 20:51 #259700 by Gary Sax
I am hearing some amazing things from friends about Shape of Water.

More
27 Dec 2017 21:20 - 27 Dec 2017 21:20 #259701 by Black Barney
Yeah best actress is going to be tough this year between Sally Hawkins, Frances McDormand and even Saorse (sp?) R from Lady Bird. Going to be really tough this year
Last edit: 27 Dec 2017 21:20 by Black Barney.

More
29 Dec 2017 10:34 #259750 by Gregarius
I saw Shape of Water last night. It's very good, very solidly made, but it didn't impact me as much as I had expected it to. I've seen several reviews claiming it's "better than Pan's Labyrinth," and it just didn't get to that height for me. But strangely, I can't put my finger on why. I can't think of a single thing wrong with it. Maybe there's something wrong with me.

More
29 Dec 2017 10:49 #259756 by Black Barney
I saw All the Money in the World yesterday, I want to write a review but my basement is freezing and that’s where the computer is :(

More
29 Dec 2017 10:55 #259757 by Sagrilarus
My family and I saw Baywatch for $0.99 on the big tv and enjoyed it. Oh yes, I know, it got awful reviews, but all in all it delivered exactly what you would expect, and plenty of it. A lot of skin, a lot of cheesy comedy, and a lot of skin. Apparently there are lovely ladies in Hollywood. Who knew?

After seeing Dwayne Johnson in Jumanji earlier in the week (which was really good) we opted for this second helping, which we found three different prices for. Verizon was selling it to us for $6.99, One of the "other" streaming services on our Roku for $4.99 and Amazon for $0.99. Two observations -- 1) always shop around; and 2) don't bother looking at Verizon. As best I can tell Verizon still thinks their On Demand service is the only way their customers are able to purchase premium content. I think they're still of the opinion that it's 1992.

A lot of skin. Really.

More
29 Dec 2017 13:53 #259778 by Gary Sax
To be fair, pretty soon Verizon will be able to make sure that your downspeeds suck on those cheaper platforms, so there you go!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, ufe20

More
01 Jan 2018 01:19 #259934 by Disgustipater
All The Money In The World - It was fine, nothing great. Kind of just made me go "Interesting story," but that's about it. I do have to say that I think Christopher Plummer fits the role way better than Kevin Spacey. I re-watched the original trailer and it just looks like Kevin Spacey in old man makeup, not an old man character.

More
01 Jan 2018 03:03 #259936 by trif
Saw a preview of The Shape of Water on New Year''s Eve.

Wow. This is the film Del Toro''s been working towards all his life. All three of us were in happy tears at the end.

More
01 Jan 2018 08:31 #259941 by Black Barney

Disgustipater wrote: All The Money In The World - It was fine, nothing great. Kind of just made me go "Interesting story," but that's about it. I do have to say that I think Christopher Plummer fits the role way better than Kevin Spacey. I re-watched the original trailer and it just looks like Kevin Spacey in old man makeup, not an old man character.

I haven’t written a review yet cuz my basement is too cold. Yeah Spacey wouldn’t have been good in that I think.

The scene of violence was really extreme and completely out of nowhere. It was torture pr0n-ish and I think is much too jarring. Overall the movie is fine but is there really any difference between Plummers character or performance in this and Inside Man?

More
01 Jan 2018 09:08 #259947 by repoman

Gary Sax wrote: To be fair, pretty soon Verizon will be able to make sure that your downspeeds suck on those cheaper platforms, so there you go!

Just like they were doing in 2015, right? (Rhetorical question)

Saw The World of Warcraft movie on HBO Go. As a person who played the hell out of that game back in the day, I thought it was fun. It was cool to see live action versions of the locations. I know it was universally reviled at the time of its release but it delivered exactly what I expected it would.

Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2018 11:06 #259955 by Disgustipater

Black Barney wrote: The scene of violence was really extreme and completely out of nowhere. It was torture pr0n-ish and I think is much too jarring.

My first thought was, "This guy is supposed to be a doctor? He's doing a terrible job. A very rough cut. Should have been much cleaner." Or maybe I was being too literal and that's just the nickname of the torture guy.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.673 seconds