October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
12 Oct 2017 11:38 #255576 by Cranberries
It really likes to be played with 4+ players, but Pax Pamir is very tiny, physically.

Those small box games look pretty good. Too bad Omen is so expensive right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2017 14:02 #255592 by Disgustipater
I bought Captain Sonar and expansion. Looking forward to trying it out. Gotta hit up the Meetup group to get this to the table.

Now I just need to find some decent scans of the NY and Chicago promo maps.

More
12 Oct 2017 14:12 #255594 by san il defanso

cranberries wrote: It really likes to be played with 4+ players, but Pax Pamir is very tiny, physically.

Those small box games look pretty good. Too bad Omen is so expensive right now.

Kolossal Games has the rights to the old Clowdus designs from before 2017, including Omen. Word on BGG is that they are Kickstarting a new version of Omen in the spring, including a THIRD Omen game. I have Reign of War and Edge of Aegean, but I'm not sure I need a third one.

More
12 Oct 2017 14:20 #255597 by hotseatgames
I bought Days Gone Bye, which is an expansion for Walking Dead: All Out War. I like the core game, so having some extra characters and equipment cards was an easy decision. It also includes different scenarios.

More
12 Oct 2017 14:52 #255599 by charlest

hotseatgames wrote: I bought Days Gone Bye, which is an expansion for Walking Dead: All Out War. I like the core game, so having some extra characters and equipment cards was an easy decision. It also includes different scenarios.

The expansions introduce different terrain too, which is kind of nice. You can now loot and burn down tents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
29 Nov 2017 20:26 #258370 by Da Bid Dabid
Today I stumbled upon a TI: 4 in a board game store in a mall that I didn't even know existed. They had the deluxe rulebook and prints with it so I picked it up, it was going to happen sooner or later and the extra stuff totally suckered me into the impulse purchase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
29 Nov 2017 21:09 - 29 Nov 2017 21:34 #258372 by hotseatgames
I bought Cosmic Alliance, (the one with the white ships) so now I can play Cosmic with 7.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2017 21:34 by hotseatgames.

More
29 Nov 2017 23:18 #258374 by SuperflyPete
Despite me not being in “buy mode”, I won an auction for Tiny Epic Western KS Deluxe and Tiny Epic Quest KS Deluxe, both for less than the original KS price.

Kind of had to. I’ve always wanted both.

More
29 Nov 2017 23:19 #258375 by SuperflyPete

hotseatgames wrote: I bought Days Gone Bye, which is an expansion for Walking Dead: All Out War. I like the core game, so having some extra characters and equipment cards was an easy decision. It also includes different scenarios.

Next time we meet, we need to play this.

More
30 Nov 2017 07:57 #258386 by hotseatgames

SuperflyTNT wrote: Next time we meet, we need to play this.

Absolutely. You'd dig it.

More
30 Nov 2017 12:45 #258407 by Rafael Silva
Recently bought some games and my wife gifted me a few too for an early Christmas present:

Already received:

Dr. Eureka: Fun dexterity game where you have three "lab tubes" with two colored marbles in each and by passing the marbles between the tubes without touching them or letting them fall you have to match patterns in a card. Plays 1 to 4, very light, great fun with kids. My daughter is only two months old, I hope to play this with her in a few years.

Pablo: A Brazilian musical card game where you score by chaining your word cards in a song, you can also play a card in other peoples turn if you have the right word. Great fun with family and my wife is sooo good at this game and can play it while in maternity leave. Very cool and the words are in portuguese and english as well.

Tides of Time: A microgame, haven't played yet.

Good Cop Bad Cop: Played once with four players, seems to need more that that, but still had fun. Same mold as Bang but streamlined and quicker.

Still Waiting:
Modern Art: Can't wait to play it, I've seen pictures and this new Brazilian edition looks great.

Epic Card Game: Used to play magic, let's see, not very confident on this one.

Fast Food Fear: My wife picked this one for me, we played Overcooked a bunch together and I hope it works in the tabletop as well.

Sushi Go: I hate 7 Wonders, I don't think I'm gonna like this one (is it very similar?)

Loony Quest: A kind of dexterity game? Hope to play this with my kid some day.

Animal Upon Animal: Hope to play this with kiddo some day.

Kobolds ate my Baby: A light RPG with a fun theme. Excited for this one.

All in all very light games that we can play with family and friends or just the two of us between naps and breastfeeding, there is really not much time with a new baby. Any games suggestion to new parents?

More
30 Nov 2017 14:36 #258414 by the_jake_1973
On a recent visit to Florida, I picked up a copy of Battle Cry for $15. I am continuing my accumulation of the Commands and Colors genre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
30 Nov 2017 15:29 #258418 by Gregarius

Rafael Silva wrote: Sushi Go: I hate 7 Wonders, I don't think I'm gonna like this one (is it very similar?)

I hate 7 Wonders, too, but I find Sushi Go much more tolerable. It's quicker, lighter, and the choices are more transparent. It's not great, but it's good enough and accessible to a wide range of players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafael Silva

More
30 Nov 2017 15:38 #258420 by Hex Sinister
I pre-ordered Gloomhaven retail back in like... June? It was supposed to be here around my birthday in September, which is why I splurged. Then it was pushed back to November. Now it's pushed back to the New Year. This is one of the reasons I don't dig Kickstartered crap. I'm a pretty patient person but I have my limits.

More
30 Nov 2017 16:04 #258424 by bfkiller

Hex Sinister wrote: I pre-ordered Gloomhaven retail back in like... June? It was supposed to be here around my birthday in September, which is why I splurged. Then it was pushed back to November. Now it's pushed back to the New Year. This is one of the reasons I don't dig Kickstartered crap. I'm a pretty patient person but I have my limits.

I wonder why the delay. I got my copy in the mail a week or two ago.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds