October 09, 2023
2296 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
04 Jan 2018 14:38 #260207 by jeb
Something else to throw out there on ZELDA: BotW is that there is a lot of mystery out there in Hyrule. There is this HUGE fucking dragon that floats along at night over the landscape. It's skinny, like a Chinese dragon, but the thing must be 1000m long at least. It passed right over me as I was swimming. It's not threatening or anything (though it was electrocuting me a little, incidentally). Just cruising along around a bridge. I haven't found any NPCs talking about it yet. I am sure there are some, but it's amazing to see things like this and not have the context for it. I know I can look it up, but I don't want to.

There was a big target painted on a cliff face with lightning bolts. I jumped off a nearby mountain, shot it with a shock arrow and a Shrine appeared. There's shit like this everywhere. Things you know (you can sweep grass to find fairies that heal you when you get lethally injured), things you learn (bombs get carried by the wind really well), and things you marvel at like the sky dragon. Amazing game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2018 14:41 #260209 by boothwah

RobertB wrote: I kind of gave up on Destiny 2. I really don't like first person platform jumping, and you get a lot of it in Destiny 2. The majority of multiplayer instances will have enough jumping in it to get me killed, which is more embarrassment than I really want. After doing a ton of it, I thought, "Hell, I might as well play Borderlands 2," so I did.

The platform jumping bits were funsucking in the raids - It really wrecked some fun fights in Kings Fall, having to go through the ship jumping puzzle.

More
04 Jan 2018 16:29 #260226 by jeb
Agreed. Those are easily the worst aspects of Raids in DESTINY. If you want to hop all over and find cool shit, good on you. But don't make me navigate some poorly laid out maze to pad out 40 min of content. Worse is when you are the guy that doesn't Raid much, so the rest of the team hops to the fucking moon and laughs at you as you stumble to your death 1000x. They needed to add some shortcuts the teammates can get to and open. I didn't so much mind the platform switches in the big fights, but the "find-this-edge" so you can "hop-to-this-branch" were irritating in the extreme.

More
04 Jan 2018 19:41 #260236 by Colorcrayons
I've been laid up for a couple months after an accident and then a subsequent illness. I've been a head in a jar for about three months now.

My gf bought me a ton of video games. I've been playing so much I feel I should write reviews and may just do that.

But I've been playing a bunch of Diablo when I get bored or just need to turn the brain off. I've gotten to the point that all I do is farm now, and have been able to gather the items necessary to build the speed farming angry chicken for the witch doctor. I wish I did that first.

Anyways, I just came on to say that the darkening of tristram event is happening right now, for some retro styled gaming that'll take a couple hours to complete.

But the main reason why I mention it, is come for the potential of retro, become dissatisfied with it, and stay for the phenomenal Diablo 1 music. So good. I need it all on a sound track.

More
04 Jan 2018 19:56 #260237 by hotseatgames
Is this Diablo 1 event the same as the one they had before?

More
04 Jan 2018 20:55 #260240 by Colorcrayons
Yeah, apparently it will be a recurring event every year.

More
05 Jan 2018 10:10 #260262 by RobertB
I sense a soul, in search of answers.

More
05 Jan 2018 10:24 #260263 by RobertB
I got these from the Steam sale over the holidays:

Tie Fighter - I screwed up and paid $5 for the same software that I had already bought from GoodOldGames. And it didn't get any prettier. I might have had a little too much to drink that night.

Everspace - that's kind of a cross between Freelancer and FTL. You fly just like Freelancer, and go from sector to sector until you die. After you die, you get to improve your ship and try it again. I'm not sure that there's a lot of there there, but it's pretty and fun if you just want to shoot stuff in space.

Pathfinder Adventures - I just finished the tutorials, and so far, so good. Might be a little better than a plain vanilla deckbuilder a'la Dominion.

More
05 Jan 2018 10:34 #260264 by hotseatgames

RobertB wrote: I got these from the Steam sale over the holidays:

Tie Fighter - I screwed up and paid $5 for the same software that I had already bought from GoodOldGames. And it didn't get any prettier. I might have had a little too much to drink that night..

If too much drinking only penalizes you $5, consider yourself lucky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
05 Jan 2018 10:43 #260265 by Black Barney
My drinking penalized me with the gonorrhea.

More
05 Jan 2018 10:52 #260267 by the_jake_1973
Tie Fighter doesn't need to be pretty. It is still miles better than any other SW game out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB, Black Barney

More
05 Jan 2018 10:56 #260268 by Black Barney
i've never played it and I'm nuts about space sims. I really hope those games get a reboot to consoles or something. I would love that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973

More
05 Jan 2018 11:09 - 05 Jan 2018 11:09 #260270 by RobertB
Re: space sims, and the Black Mirror episode, U.S.S Callister...

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 05 Jan 2018 11:09 by RobertB.

More
05 Jan 2018 14:46 #260280 by SuperflyPete
I like Elite because of the exploration.

SOMEONE PLAY THE DIVISION W ME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
05 Jan 2018 14:53 #260282 by Black Barney
i like anyone that likes Elite.

christ am i ever bored today

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.493 seconds