October 09, 2023
2769 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2921 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Tron Legacy

More
09 Nov 2010 15:39 - 09 Nov 2010 15:41 #78940 by Mr. White
Tron Legacy was created by Mr. White
I was very skeptical, but now I'm in.
Sure, some of the outfits are a bit cheeky, but it looks like some decent young jeff bridges cgi and an interesting plot.

Last edit: 09 Nov 2010 15:41 by Mr. White.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2010 16:05 #78941 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I'm sure it's gonna shit all over the legacy of Tron.....but I don't care, am going to see it anyway. :)

More
09 Nov 2010 16:11 #78942 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I'm almost as excited about this as I was about Walking Dead. Can't wait!

More
09 Nov 2010 16:59 #78953 by SGT Dave
Replied by SGT Dave on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I haven't been to a movie in 6 months. I might go to this.

I saw the first one in a double-feature with Condorman.

More
09 Nov 2010 18:38 - 09 Nov 2010 18:43 #78969 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I saw the Daft Punk promo and I nearly cried. The song was fucking amazing, and from what I've seen so far they've done an excelent job of updating the look of TRON and making it something modern and relevant. It looks awesome.

As long as it's not just awful in the writing department I don't see how this could go wrong...right? RIGHT?

Too bad there's not a CONDORMAN: LEGACY coming out with it.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2010 18:43 by Michael Barnes.

More
09 Nov 2010 18:51 #78971 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Phantom Menace has forever ruined all of our future expectations for awesome sequels and reboots. You have no idea how much I want to wet myself over Ridley Scott's upcoming Alien prequels. It's my favourite movie franchise. But after the anal raping that was both AvP movies and that stupid Ressurection movie, I'm super unemotional about the whole thing.

Tron was my FAVOURITE movie growing up. I must have rented it a couple dozen times from the local video store (a now extinct animal).

Rewatching TRON now is brutal. It's fucking terrible. My wife and I both fell asleep in it. But I'm super excited for the next Tron and very much wish to see it.

I wonder how bad the video game will be

More
09 Nov 2010 21:27 #78986 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Michael Barnes wrote:

I saw the Daft Punk promo and I nearly cried.

This one?

More
09 Nov 2010 22:14 #78999 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I don't care if the writing or story is lousy. Visually this movie is looking solid and I think will make it worth the ticket price alone. Also, I'm not much of a Daft Punk fan but what I've heard of the soundtrack so far is really awesome.

I actually think the CG Jeff Bridges looks pretty good.

More
09 Nov 2010 22:36 #79007 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Tron got a very marginal reception when it came out, both from the reviewers and from my friends. I liked it more than most, but it still wasn't a stunning theater experience and this is coming from someone who was 18 when it came out -- much more impressionable than I am now. I saw it opening night.

At the time it was considered experimental both in plot line and in the use of the graphics it presented. Disney did not earn much money off it and it was very expensive to produce.

I'm very excited about the sequel. I think there's a lot to work with, Bridges is a solid actor and with any luck they've learned from their mistakes in the first one.

S.

More
09 Nov 2010 22:45 #79008 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re:Tron Legacy
I think TRON totally holds up, it's dopey and dated but so what. STAR WARS is too. The look is still amazing, the Syd Mead designs and Jean-Giraud Moebius' contributions still look as great today as they did then. And man, that Wendy Carlos score...

But I dunno, I'm a huge Daft Punk fan, and when I heard they were doing the music I about flipped out. Peanut butter, meet chocolate. I think it's awesome that they're actually in it.

I can't really tell from the trailer, but I wonder if this is the same script that was making the rounds years ago. It was basically HEART OF DARKNESS set in the TRON world...Flynn sort of flips out, goes native,starts a compound, and Alan Bradley's son goes after him

I love that the Game Grid is more of a Colleseum thing now instead of a weirdly empty racquetball court.

More
09 Nov 2010 23:08 #79014 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Where's bit?

Visually this looks really good. But given Hollywood's ability to somehow ruin a movie in which a jet turns into a robot and punches another jet, I feel I must abstain until it scores 90+ with a selection of top critics.

More
09 Nov 2010 23:39 #79017 by Black Barney
i find Star Wars holds up really really well. Specifically New Hope (whereas the other two lose some of their lustre for me).

Hey in the original post clip in this thread, is that an original shot of Flynn jumping out of the chopper or did they recreate the scene really well? Cuz I distinctly remember that from the first one. He sort of skips out of the choppa

More
10 Nov 2010 04:41 #79026 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Black Barney wrote:

You have no idea how much I want to wet myself over Ridley Scott's upcoming Alien prequels.

Aw man. I didn't know about this until now and did a quick look up. Natalie Portman? PG-13? If they get Geiger on board then I might perk up. Do this right or just let it lie for Christ's sake. Of the times I sat in a theatre and was flat out amazed, Alien was one of those times. But the story's been told... Fuck, I'm a pessimist.

I'm trying to avoid too many Tron spoilers/trailers but what I've seen looks SWEET. I can't wait for this.

More
10 Nov 2010 06:23 #79028 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Tron Legacy
Never dug tron as a kid, but this looks like Bees Knees.

More
10 Nov 2010 10:56 #79056 by Black Barney
Hex, let's make sure we touch base lots when the prequels come out. They have so much potential and yet also potential to be awful. I hope they are less homoerotic than White Squall

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds