October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Ghostbusters (2016) Review

More
15 Jul 2016 17:51 #230300 by Josh Look

Calm down, your childhood is not ruined.

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2016 15:37 #230301 by Michael Barnes
Certainly you are not trying to tell me that the 2.1 Metacritic user review average is wrong? Didn't you hear that this is an unwanted cash grab that no one wanted with a FEMINIST agenda? This movie hates you! To quote one of the more poetic critics, the director should be "hung drawn and quartered!"

Anyway, fuck:

1) the Internet
2) anonymous manchildren with an axe to grind about women
3) the dogpile, hate everything mentality made possible by 1) and 2).

Josh Look 1, Internet 0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, Josh Look, JEM

More
16 Jul 2016 15:39 #230302 by Black Barney
Sounds AWFUL

More
16 Jul 2016 18:11 - 16 Jul 2016 18:21 #230304 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Ghostbusters (2016) Review
This video review cracked me up,

I have no desire to see the current Ghostbusters at the theater, mainly because I usually don't like Paul Feig's slapstick style of humor
Last edit: 16 Jul 2016 18:21 by Wetworks.

More
16 Jul 2016 20:59 #230305 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic Ghostbusters (2016) Review
Just came back from seeing it. I liked it, but it was uneven. The original one didn't hold up that well at all in terms of comedy when I saw it again a couple years ago, so this was actually more fresh in that sense, and comparable overall. There were some decent laughs throughout, especially earlier on, but not consistently enough to make it a real standout. I really didn't like Bill Murray's part in this, but yes, the ladies were a great group together, and Hemsworth was good, though as with the others, his comic appeal waned a bit.

Presumably, there will be a sequel, and I'm more encouraged about that being just good and funny. This one felt like there might have been a little too much oversight and pressure, and in some senses it felt a bit stilted. Fun enough, though.

More
17 Jul 2016 08:59 #230311 by Legomancer
The movie was fine, and fun. I liked the leads a lot, though I wish Patty had been given more to do than just go "aw HAEL NO". The cameos were a lot of fun and a nice nod, though I wish Rick Moranis had also had one.

I enjoyed the movie but it didn't blow me away. I was 16 when the original one first came out and I loved it but I was also 16. I haven't spent a large portion of time thinking about it since then, just regarded it as a movie I like.

I'd definitely go see a sequel. I wouldn't necessarily be a midnight showing opening night thing, but nothing really is for me these days. It felt like a perfectly suitable summer movie, just like plenty of others that get allowed to come in and not change the world without having to deal with a bunch of dumb haters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Jul 2016 09:39 - 17 Jul 2016 09:48 #230315 by Josh Look

Wetworks wrote: This video review cracked me up,

I have no desire to see the current Ghostbusters at the theater, mainly because I usually don't like Paul Feig's slapstick style of humor

Since he clearly is NOT funny, I fail to see the appeal of Angry Joe. This useless, gibbering, fat-faced sack of shit meatbag seems to encapsulate so much I detest about Internet culture.

I remember him having a hard-on for the last Batman v Superman trailer, so his opinion is DOA and validates what I said above.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2016 09:48 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
17 Jul 2016 09:44 #230316 by Josh Look

Legomancer wrote: I wish Patty had been given more to do than just go "aw HAEL NO".

I thought the same thing, but after doing some research, that's kind of who she is in real life, or at least anytime she's on camerea.

More
17 Jul 2016 19:34 #230332 by Ancient_of_MuMu
I liked the characters more than the original (but then I really don't like Bill Murray) but the Lovecraftian style plot of the original is much better which is why the first is the best.

More
17 Jul 2016 21:03 #230335 by Wetworks
Replied by Wetworks on topic Ghostbusters (2016) Review

Josh Look wrote: I remember him having a hard-on for the last Batman v Superman trailer, so his opinion is DOA and validates what I said above.

Angry Joe's review for Batman v Superman was pretty mixed,

More
18 Jul 2016 00:46 #230338 by Space Ghost

Josh Look wrote:

Wetworks wrote: This video review cracked me up,

Since he clearly is NOT funny, I fail to see the appeal of Angry Joe. This useless, gibbering, fat-faced sack of shit meatbag seems to encapsulate so much I detest about Internet culture.

I remember him having a hard-on for the last Batman v Superman trailer, so his opinion is DOA and validates what I said above.

I can literally watch about 30 seconds of that dumbass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Frohike

More
18 Jul 2016 01:06 #230340 by Ancient_of_MuMu
The one thing I will have to give this film a few extra stars for is that Holtzmann is probably my dream woman personified. If only Halloween in Australia was like in Northern America so I could look forward to a bevy of 'Sexy Holtzmann' costumes.

More
18 Jul 2016 07:36 #230343 by Josh Look

Wetworks wrote:

Josh Look wrote: I remember him having a hard-on for the last Batman v Superman trailer, so his opinion is DOA and validates what I said above.

Angry Joe's review for Batman v Superman was pretty mixed,

I meant his reaction to one of the trailers. I'm not going to watch his final review of it, or anything he posts for that matter.

More
18 Jul 2016 08:23 #230348 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Ghostbusters (2016) Review
I was a little underwhelmed. I didn't expect much and I really enjoyed the cast and how they gelled (although Kristen Wiig felt a little more flat than normal), but wasn't a fan of the story much. Thought the bad guy was lame. Thought the cameo's sucked (except for Annie Potts for some reason), and I'm not a Chris Hemsworth fan. Thought they leaned on him far too hard.

Some of the humor was pretty good though. Hemsworth's interview scene was great, just got sick of him after they kept bringing him back.

More
18 Jul 2016 09:20 #230353 by jpat
Replied by jpat on topic Ghostbusters (2016) Review
Good cast let down by a poor script.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.042 seconds