October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Arkham Horror LCG

More
04 Jun 2018 16:04 #274664 by Jarvis
Arkham Horror LCG was created by Jarvis
Hey everyone,

I know some of you are huge fans of the Arkham Horror LCG. I just got the base set and was wondering which expansions are worth picking up, or at least if there is an order I should pick them up in as I play.

I dug the first scenario but don’t want to be always playing the same three. I don’t have that need where I need to get them all, but will probably get a few of them over time.

Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2018 16:47 #274665 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Arkham Horror LCG
There are three stand alone adventures, which can be played in any order.

There are three campaigns, each with a main box and like 5 or 6 additional packs of cards. You can play campaigns in any order. But once you choose a campaign, you have to start with the main box and then play the decks in order.

Here is the link to the FFG page which lists the campaigns, and stand alone adventure.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/a...orror-the-card-game/

Personally, I didn’t know this, and bought some random packs that were on sale, and then realized I had a variety from different campaigns. That is not so good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarvis, ChristopherMD

More
04 Jun 2018 19:45 #274674 by DarthJoJo
Replied by DarthJoJo on topic Arkham Horror LCG
I would recommend buying the Dunwich cycle next. I have a slight preference for the recently completed Carcosa campaign and Forgotten Age just dropped to begin the third cycle, but the investigators of Dunwich give you the best deck building options for only having the base.

You might also consider a second core for seconds of most investigator cards for smoother decks, but you can safely wait to buy the stand alones. I like them, but they’re inessential unless you want an easy way to demonstrate the game to friends as a one-shot. If that’s the case, I’d give the nod to Carnevale over Rougarou for being a little less frustrating.

Please ask more questions. I love the game so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, jeb, Jarvis, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, tin0men, drewcula, WadeMonnig

More
04 Jun 2018 21:42 #274680 by drewcula
Replied by drewcula on topic Arkham Horror LCG
I'll second JoJo's recommendation for Dunwich. It's a pricey endeavor if you get all of the expansions. However, I suspect you'll enjoy the first big expansion so much - you'll want to continue the narrative.

I don't have a second core set, and I've enjoyed my time with the campaigns immensely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarvis

More
06 Jun 2018 10:25 #274805 by Jarvis
Replied by Jarvis on topic Arkham Horror LCG
Thanks everyone!

I think I will be getting the Dunwich expansion (s) next. I didn’t realize the expansion sets only had the 2-3 scenarios per box and need the 6 expansions to finish the campaign. I’m not crazy about that for a game situation. I wish the boxes had a full campaign in them and the packs were an extra one. But it is what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds