October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

VIKTORY II...

More
13 Jun 2008 18:40 #7644 by Dogmatix
VIKTORY II... was created by Dogmatix
...Is it possible to actually buy this game? If so, how in the @#$@$#@# does one go about doing this? Morrison's website hasn't been updated in 18 months and his e-commerce site is dead. Is there some sort of fell lunar god that I must make offerings too?

Insight would be appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2008 18:45 #7645 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re:VIKTORY II...
I had a hard time getting in touch with him too...his ecommerce site seems to be broken or something. He eventually did get in touch, I had to go through his other business (linked somewhere on that site, don't remember where) to get through to him. By that time, I had already bought a copy from a local seller who had one of the 6 player editions. But damn, I wanted the 8 player one.

Well worth tracking down.

More
15 Jun 2008 02:49 #7651 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:VIKTORY II...
I picked up the 8-player version from CLS [along with Triumph of Chaos--my will finally gave out on that one; I just can't see that one as staying in print long]. Morrison got back to me quickly, but he just pointed me back to the shopping cart at his site [which still doesn't work for me].

Shame too as I'd like to order some spare parts and extra hexes.

More
16 Jun 2008 11:18 #7670 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:VIKTORY II...
I just won this in a trade--got it from a guy IN MALAYSIA*. Yeah, kind of hard to track down. Dogmatix, you are true champion, so I'm willing to shoot you some gear. I don't think I'll ever have 6 to play this, or even 5, really. Is there some way I can parcel out that much terrain? The guys are easy, obviously. I'll take a look this evening.

*Guy is awesome, by the way. Recommended AT gamer/trader -> pkhan.

More
20 Jun 2008 04:18 #7800 by Dogmatix
Replied by Dogmatix on topic Re:VIKTORY II...
jeb wrote:

I just won this in a trade--got it from a guy IN MALAYSIA*. Yeah, kind of hard to track down. Dogmatix, you are true champion, so I'm willing to shoot you some gear. I don't think I'll ever have 6 to play this, or even 5, really. Is there some way I can parcel out that much terrain? The guys are easy, obviously. I'll take a look this evening.

*Guy is awesome, by the way. Recommended AT gamer/trader -> pkhan.

Jeb

I appreciate the offer, but, I cannot, in good conscience, allow you to parcel out a perfectly complete and playable game for my "Pimp My Game" projects. If it was a dog-ass title you picked up at a thrift store, no biggie; but not this one. Trust me, the minute you put that stuff in a bag to send to me, you'll have 5 guys at your door saying "Hey, we heard you had this game...." The hexes are for the DIY Magic Realm set and the ships are for Blackbeard [blame Ken B. for this latter one--he's right, it needed plastic!].

I'm going to try again with Morrison and see what happens. And I do really appreciate the thought though, man.

Cheers
Justin/DogM.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds