October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Deals and Steals

More
06 Apr 2018 09:39 #267059 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic Deals and Steals
I've been scouring the local Goodwill's for Hot Wheels to mod for Gaslands as well. I hope to get it to the table soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2018 08:58 #267088 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Deals and Steals
Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

If you like the game look online at a buying guide for the expansions. Some are game defining and others are who cares---amd you can almost always pick them up for like 3 dollars in the next steam sale.

More
07 Apr 2018 09:22 #267090 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Deals and Steals
We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4567554

(Hey, it says Deals and Steals, but does not specify only boardgames)

More
07 Apr 2018 18:22 #267099 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Deals and Steals
Goodnight Geoffrey.

Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2018 21:20 #267101 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Deals and Steals

Gary Sax wrote: Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

If you like the game look online at a buying guide for the expansions. Some are game defining and others are who cares---amd you can almost always pick them up for like 3 dollars in the next steam sale.

I've spent a few hours with it so far, and while I see the depth and the potential for engrossing gameplay, the steep learning curve is a big issue. I'm seriously debating if I want to keep diving in, because the game provides a level of detail that I find exhausting. I'll give it some more time before I decide whether I want to bail, but for the time being I'm kind of glad I didn't plunk down any money for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
08 Apr 2018 06:09 #267105 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Deals and Steals

cranberries wrote: We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

Minor fender benders shouldn’t necessitate a salvage title. That’s for cars caught in floods etc.

More
08 Apr 2018 09:22 #267108 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Deals and Steals

san il defanso wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

I've spent a few hours with it so far, and while I see the depth and the potential for engrossing gameplay, the steep learning curve is a big issue. I'm seriously debating if I want to keep diving in, because the game provides a level of detail that I find exhausting. I'll give it some more time before I decide whether I want to bail, but for the time being I'm kind of glad I didn't plunk down any money for it.

The learning curve is insane.

That said, one thing about ck2 is that you don't really run the world. So you can feel free to fuck up, be inefficient, etc, because as long as you don't play as the holy roman emperor the game doesn't really depends on your performance. You're more like one actor in an unbelievably large play. Which for me took a lot of pressure off learning the system and made learning fun.

More
08 Apr 2018 10:42 #267109 by barrowdown
Replied by barrowdown on topic Deals and Steals

Msample wrote:

cranberries wrote: We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

Minor fender benders shouldn’t necessitate a salvage title. That’s for cars caught in floods etc.

You can get salvage titles if the vehicle is totaled because the insurance company marked it as such due to the dollar value of a repair. That said, $5k on a 10-year-old Camry with salvage title? A clean one KBBs at $7-8k for dealer sale. I think that is probably on the high side. I would expect to pay $3-4K at the most for that.

More
09 Apr 2018 07:49 #267121 by Michael Barnes

More
09 Apr 2018 08:34 #267124 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Deals and Steals

Salvage title isn't limited to flood damage. Any time an insurance company totals a car it gets a salvage title. The book value on a 2007 Camry is next to nothing so a front end hit could easily cause it to be totaled.

On the bright side, that model Camry should run forever. Those motors are near indestructible.

On the con side, what does "work needed" mean? Also salvage usually requires a full inspection before it can be registered. At least in CT it does. Dude should either take care of that for you or guarantee it passes.

Price is steep but if you need to finance your going to have to pay more than its worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
09 Apr 2018 09:41 - 09 Apr 2018 09:47 #267126 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Deals and Steals
A salvage indicates the total damage to the vehicle exceeded the value of the vehicle. Short of the frame of that car being wonked I don't see how the damage shown in the photos exceeds repair costs. In short, the vehicle may have been put into salvage because of other defects with it that you haven't identified reduced its value. That's something you should figure out prior to buying. Carfax may give you some information on prior accidents.

Salvage in Maryland requires re-inspection, and Maryland doesn't inspect much of anything. That re-inspection needs to happen prior to you plunking down the money.

At that price and that age look at Hyundais and Kias, as they became very good cars in the early 2000s and are underpriced for the value. I think there are better opportunities out there if you have a look around.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2018 09:47 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries

More
13 Apr 2018 18:01 #267505 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic Deals and Steals
My local Michael's has the Star Wars Snap tite models 80% off.

More
More
16 Apr 2018 11:38 - 16 Apr 2018 11:39 #267622 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Deals and Steals
For those Blood Rage fans looking to pick up some (not all mind you) of those Kickstarter exclusives, it can all be yours for a mere $2,500 (plus $10 shipping): e-Bay link
Last edit: 16 Apr 2018 11:39 by cdennett. Reason: Apparently the eBay tags don't work...

More
16 Apr 2018 12:33 #267627 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic Deals and Steals
Shipping kills this hot deal.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds