October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Malloc Stops by the Ultimate Podcast!!!

More
14 Apr 2008 01:51 #4958 by Deleted User 1
Michael "Malloc" Buccheri is the guest on this Special Edition of the Ultimate Podcast and he brings along his bass!

Check it out at

www.league-radio.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2008 08:29 #4960 by ubarose
cool. I can't wait to hear it.

More
14 Apr 2008 13:07 #4973 by Michael Barnes
Why does this post make me think of that part in PHANTASM where Reggie and Jody "jam" on the front porch?

"Sittin' here at midnight..."

More
14 Apr 2008 15:03 #4982 by jeb
Michael Barnes wrote:

Why does this post make me think of that part in PHANTASM where Reggie and Jody "jam" on the front porch?

"Sittin' here at midnight..."

EVERY post makes you think of that. What I want to know is if we're talking largemouth bass, or big old double-bass Soul Coughing-style.

More
14 Apr 2008 15:25 - 14 Apr 2008 15:26 #4983 by Michael Barnes
I love that part where they break it down. Not as much as I love that Hemi 'Cuda Jody drives, but close.

I play a little guitar, a little bass, and I can do a reasonable Iggy Pop impression...at some point we're going to be called upon to start up the Fortress Ameritrash Band to save the youth center, so if anybody can take drums, horns, keys, and so on, let's here it. I think Mr. Skeletor can fill in the tamoborine slot nicely. Ken B seems like a triangle man, and I'm fairly sure Robert Martin wouldn't mind finally bringing his cowbell skills to fruition.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2008 15:26 by Michael Barnes.

More
14 Apr 2008 15:57 #4984 by Deleted User 1
Michael,

I would rather hire you for your filmaking talents. I have an idea for a Boardgmae Spinal Tap type movie. Steve Weeks goes to BGG Con. A fish out of water story with a surprise ending.

I would like to post the video on You Tube and my website. What would you charge to direct the film?

More
14 Apr 2008 16:39 #4985 by Michael Barnes
I'm not one of those little indie filmmakers so I run about a million dollars.

I want Joe Bob Briggs to play Steve Weeks and that famous fat man that's in all the new comedies (I don't know his name, I think he was in KNOCKED UP)to play Scott Alden. The one girl that goes to BGG con can be played by Heather Matarazzo (Diane Wiener) but she'll need to put on some weight and develop some kind of bizarre health condition and emotional problems. I will be in the script as well in a cameo, my part will be played by Daniel Craig.

Technically, I was thinking that we can do a pseudo-documentary style sort of like AGUIRRE, THE WRATH OF GOD.

More
14 Apr 2008 16:43 #4986 by Ken B.
Nice podcast, Steve. Malloc, your band has a great sound.

More
14 Apr 2008 16:52 #4987 by Deleted User 1

I'm not one of those little indie filmmakers so I run about a million dollars.

I was hoping you would settle for a six pack of Red Dog and an autographed picture of Greg Schloesser.

More
17 Apr 2008 08:52 #5104 by Ska_baron
Good interview and cool as always to hear in depth thoughts by contributers to F:AT. Also, I'd kinda missed that the song in the middle was Malloc's until later - awesome stuff there my friend.

More
17 Apr 2008 13:50 #5111 by Michael Barnes
You know what makes the UPC stand head and shoulders over any other board gaming podcast? It's _not_ just about board games, it's not some guy droning on and on about mechanics, why certain things are elegant, what their 10 favorite game inserts are, or any of that other embarrassing shit that makes trainspotting look more engaging than board gaming. It is about people, personalities, and really laying out a love for the hobby and discussing what makes it great. I really like Steve's interviews because they're so casual, conversational, and it makes me feel like there's a lot more to this hobby than tracking which games you've played or intend to check out on a PDA.

Some notes-

- Malloc. He's a great guy. we had a blast when he was here. SPACE CRUSADE was what we played, I was the baddies and yes, Steve "Puddin" Avery did in fact hide his Blood Angels around the corner from where the fighting was going on.

- WBC- That sounds like a really fun event, stripped of a lot of pretense...I'm sure in the tournaments it gets a little ridiculous.

- SLAPSHOT. Damn, I want that game...it looks totally stupid, and I like totally stupid. It's definitely the kind of thing we dig. Like REALLY NASTY HORSERACING GAME...dumb game, big fun. Anything that makes you yell, laugh, and lament the loss of millions of dollars is a good time. For some reason, even though I hate sports, I love really dumb sports games.

- FLYING COLORS is pretty good if y'all are looking for a naval game...I have it and need to get it out again, good Napoleonic naval flavor.

- FORMULA MOTOR RACING is a blast- it's a GMT Knizia game (like the also great IVANHOE)...another stupid sports game. I'm spoiled on Richard Launius' "deluxe" set that has miniature cars, a custom board, and a specially tuned double deck.

- Hey look, a copy of MANOEUVRE showed up via Fed Ex while I was listening to that part!

- The song- kind of reminiscent of The Damned. I love The Damned.

More
17 Apr 2008 14:36 #5114 by Deleted User 1
I appreciate the comments! I also have a copy of "Manoeuvre" on the way!

Malloc sold me on the game!

However, if it turns out to be bad I say we implant a virus into his online game of Twilight Imperium!

More
18 Apr 2008 05:32 #5134 by Schweig!
Great podcast and cool song by malloc.

I always wash the dishes while listening to your podcasts, so I would very well appreciate if you put them out weekly again.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds