October 09, 2023
2295 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Banned for 30 days

More
27 Apr 2008 23:47 #5423 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Mr Skeletor wrote:

MWChapel wrote:

Hey either you have it or you don't. You and Weeks are those kind of people who think you're entertaining, but really the only applause you get are from the handful of butt munchers that think cheetos go great with that last bong hit.

What, no time for a picture of something from the 80's with a snappy line like "Rodney Rude says down with Ameritards!" ?

Take your recycled shit back to cats in gameboxes land. I'm certain they will appreciate your "genius" much more.

Well since I've heard the word "genius" aimed at me more than once on this site. I guess I'm fairly well rounded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2008 06:48 - 28 Apr 2008 08:14 #5426 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Can't we just all be friends now?

Seriously though, while I'm all for giving Chapel's genius a witty response, I also think we shouldn't shoo away users like that other boardgaming site.

Back on topic: Is this the proof that Aldie is controlled for an Old Guard?

This list a great example of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2008 08:14 by Schweig!.

More
28 Apr 2008 10:32 - 28 Apr 2008 10:33 #5434 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Schweig! wrote:
"Seriously though, while I'm all for giving Chapel's genius a witty response, I also think we shouldn't shoo away users like that other boardgaming site."
I hear that Octavian is trying to patent Stealth Locking™.

EDIT- Presumably %u2122 means you cannot display the superscript TM symbol. Bizarrely it doesn't show up in the preview but does once submitted! If you're going to ban a symbol, shouldn't it be "€" AKA the Euro?
Last edit: 28 Apr 2008 10:33 by Notahandle.

More
28 Apr 2008 10:55 #5435 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Good Lord. I should be working right now. Hi Steve.

More
28 Apr 2008 11:39 #5436 by Deleted User 1

There is a new sheriff in town Gents, the name is Moon, Alan Moon and it is my pleasure to announce we bagged Mr. Weeks.

The usually quiet and "above it all" Alan Moon weighed in on Aldie's decision to ban me permanently from the site. Alan thumbed up the decision.

This my friends has to be one of my proudest moments, to see that thumb from Alan!

Think about all the time Aldie put in to moderate that website with features like "plonking" and hide threads but you could still not silence the truth because what made them the most angry was that I was telling truth! I was holding the mirror right in front of them and they couldn't stand what they saw! I did it without an ounce of profanity and without an ounce of hate. Maybe as time passes they will see the folly of their ways and realize that they are not the best guys to be at the helm of the hobby.

More
28 Apr 2008 12:25 #5437 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
I'm in agreement, and sent Aldie a note claiming it. He set up a site with PLONKing, hide lists, flagging, etc etc. Does he need to wade into every fucking argument with the banhammer? Can these guys not just blot out Steve from their site? There's at least a dozen posters that are on my killfile and the site is WAAAAY better for it. Jesus, what a bunch of babies.

More
28 Apr 2008 12:36 #5439 by benny lava
Replied by benny lava on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
I agree that the banning is stupid. He wasn't nasty or profane; it was diplomatic trolling, if you will.

Steve, what I don't understand is why you care so much about what goes on at BGG. Why go over there and start trouble? You certainly did it in a non-threatening manner, but why do it in the first place? What's the goal?

Ameritrash gaming is healthier than ever, but will always be under-represented at BGG due to the sheer volume of euros that comes out every year, so you're not going to change that. Aldie owns the site and controls the content, so you're not going to change that. Thornquist and Schloesser don't campaign against AT - they just happen to have different tastes than you.

I am honestly curious - why do you keep poking the hornets nest?

More
28 Apr 2008 12:40 #5440 by Druen Kree
Replied by Druen Kree on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
How dare you disrupt commerce over at the other site.Instead of clicking on those Tanga,Thought Hammer and Boulder Games buttons people are reading your "Pot Stiring" posts and not buying grossly discounted games they will never play.The discounted games must flow....so Aldie can eat.

More
28 Apr 2008 13:07 #5443 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Druen Kree wrote:

How dare you disrupt commerce over at the other site.Instead of clicking on those Tanga,Thought Hammer and Boulder Games buttons people are reading your "Pot Stiring" posts and not buying grossly discounted games they will never play.The discounted games must flow....so Aldie can eat.

Not on my watch, he doesn't. I greasemonkey'd/Ad Blocked Plussed all that shit off. If I need TH, Tanga, I'll do it from a bookmark; not an ad click on that site.

More
28 Apr 2008 16:47 #5452 by Deleted User 1

More
28 Apr 2008 16:50 #5453 by Michael Barnes
Who bought that $500 copy of RISK: BLACK OPS that the webmaster at that site put up for sale?

More
28 Apr 2008 16:58 #5454 by Deleted User 1
Yes!!! Its not enough that Aldie has to beg his users for money he has to go and list his FREE copy of Risk Black OPS and make a quick buck!

ATTENTION!!! Whoever bought Aldie's copy of Risk Black Ops please contact me immediately!~ I would like to interview you on my next podcast. I want to know how much Aldie charged you for shipping and if it was reasonable, did Aldie autograph the game, what was the total price for this free gift that Aldie hocked?

More
28 Apr 2008 22:44 #5458 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
the*mad*gamer wrote:

Yes!!! Its not enough that Aldie has to beg his users for money he has to go and list his FREE copy of Risk Black OPS and make a quick buck!

ATTENTION!!! Whoever bought Aldie's copy of Risk Black Ops please contact me immediately!~ I would like to interview you on my next podcast. I want to know how much Aldie charged you for shipping and if it was reasonable, did Aldie autograph the game, what was the total price for this free gift that Aldie hocked?

Well, damn. Being on your pod-show might just be worth the 400 bucks plus shipping and handling. I wonder how much it would take for Aldie to throw in hotel fare for BBGcon....

More
29 Apr 2008 00:48 #5461 by mikoyan
Replied by mikoyan on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
the*mad*gamer wrote:

The king would not be amused after that one.

More
29 Apr 2008 09:07 #5464 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:Banned for 30 days
Steve is banned and the people can finally again agree on "what a great *interactive* game Agricola is" ...

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds