October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Bloodborne

More
26 Apr 2015 20:32 #201513 by Pug
Replied by Pug on topic Bloodborne
One thing I miss from Dark Souls 1 is that they relied less on groups of enemies and more on individual battles (i.e. those awesome black knights and other cool giant enemies), but I forgive From since Bloodborne is still amazing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2015 22:07 - 27 Apr 2015 09:50 #201515 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Bloodborne
Beat Ebrietas... hard, hard fight, but not cheap. Needed coop help---I got her down to 1/4 several times and a 1/6 or so once but then got killed in her final form. Decided to return the favor and help out some others. 1/4 helping in coop vs. her! Ouch!

That makes Logarius and Ebrietas as enemies I have needed coop for. I'm really glad there's no shaming thing in this game for when you play coop. I use 1 insight, and fight coop. After it's done, everyone does their cheer animations and disappears. But besides that, there isn't anything different---I beat that dude and that's that, coop or not. As far as I know no trophy or anything that's like "you're a pussy for using coop." I like that.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2015 09:50 by Gary Sax.

More
26 Apr 2015 23:48 - 27 Apr 2015 10:09 #201517 by Gary Sax
Yeah, so I was reading lore stuff since I feel like I'm close to the end...

This has got to be right. This game is basically a huge vagina anyway.

www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/33u...that_blood_spoilers/

edit: I could go on and on about the story in this game. It's amazing the way it's told. I picked up on some really interesting tidbits already, but reading what other people discuss (who have more time and better access to the raw text of all items) is giving me some serious AHA! moments. Amazing stuff.

One plot point, which I'll spoiler though I'm not sure I need to, that I did pick up on before reading all this other shit which I think is one of the coolest things:

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 27 Apr 2015 10:09 by Gary Sax.

More
27 Apr 2015 14:50 #201549 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Bloodborne
Well, I just kind of fumbled around all weekend, not making any progress...which means usually that the next session will have at least one big breakthrough.

I did go back into the Healing Church, I remembered seeing a mysterious door down a shaft. After about 20 attempts (god, From's shitty "platforming") I got down to it. It was actually really awesome-

Yhar'gul is...not fun. It's the only point I've been frustrated to the point of not having fun so far. Once you're inside, it's not so bad, but that outside area is a pain in the ass between the respawns, getting snatched up and the laser beams. And then the bloody trolls that have different timing than what you're used to. Bastards.

I sort of pieced together the mensis thing myself, I didn't take it to that conclusion though. Lots of reference to the female reproductive cycle. And the moon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
27 Apr 2015 14:55 #201551 by Gary Sax
If you go talk to Gherman behind the workshop in the hunter's dream, he says some stuff in his sleep which suggests he was good friends with some of the primary movers in the story (Laurence the guy who started the healing church, Willem, et al). I wonder how long he's been dead/sucked into the dream? The timeline is coming together for me but not the actual amount of time between the events.

More
29 Apr 2015 18:06 #201636 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Bloodborne
hey, i actually played this game the other night. There were some big dudes and some guys up top shooting down at me. There was like a wolf-like big boss made of paper or something. anyway, i died.

Graphics were really pretty, i really liked the feeling of how important timing was

i hate PS controllers like poison tho.

More
01 May 2015 11:22 #201747 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Bloodborne
I found a really cool mid level blood echos farming loop, if anyone is interested:

More
01 May 2015 13:19 #201760 by Gary Sax
Yes, that is a good one. It also has the huge benefit of yielding lots of blood vials too.

More
03 May 2015 20:50 - 03 May 2015 20:51 #201827 by Gary Sax
Just about done with my first playthrough, I think. I've gotten almost everything in the game, by the end I checked a walkthrough to make sure I'd seen almost everything. I cleaned up a few last details.

I must say, frenzy can fuck right off. It's just a bad mechanic. Fuck it. I'm on a part where there are three frenzy inducing enemies in a row and I have like 65 insight. It's needlessly annoying.

I may grind through the chalices as well, I'm guessing I'm halfway through those.
Last edit: 03 May 2015 20:51 by Gary Sax.

More
03 May 2015 22:43 #201829 by Gary Sax
Just did the whip +10 instead of the blades of mercy +10. Tough call.

More
04 May 2015 21:59 #201869 by Gary Sax
Beat Mergo's Wet Nurse. Not a hard one for me, one try to watch its patterns, second try took care of it.

I think I'm just about done. I'm trying to decide whether I care to grind through the Chalice Dungeons. They aren't great but the bosses in them are still fun. Mulling over the lore right now.

If you like the lore, here's a very interesting read. Very long, of course. Depends if you like theorycrafting. I'm not sure I agree with everything, but I agree with like 90% of it.

www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/33v..._an_indepth_90_page/

More
08 May 2015 16:56 #202103 by Gary Sax
Rom the Vacuous Spider is my bane. Fuck this boss. I'm doing the Chalice dungeons so you have to fight him again. FUCK HIM. I think I had an easier time on Ebrietas than I have on Rom the Vacuous Spider.

More
08 May 2015 18:01 #202107 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Bloodborne
Ha ha, you really have trouble with him, don't you? :-)

I'm telling you, Tonitrus the fuck out of him. Fight him like a pig- quick attacks to the side, quick step when he turns. Stay at like his 5 and 7. Ignore the spider-spam. Keep the Tonitrus charged up. When he teleports, RUN to where he is and just dodge the crystals.

I need to get back on the wagon, maybe I'll get on tonight.

More
09 May 2015 10:31 - 09 May 2015 10:31 #202128 by Gary Sax
Yeah, but I have 12 strength and un-upgraded tonitrus. I may just upgrade the tonitrus to +6 at least and have a go with it.

It bugs me that now I'm level 96 and I'm still struggling with this asshole.
Last edit: 09 May 2015 10:31 by Gary Sax.

More
09 May 2015 19:42 - 09 May 2015 19:43 #202163 by Gary Sax
That stupid FUCK is dead. Bolt paper, and lots of tries. Then I go to the next level and beat the next guy in like 2 tries, of course.

Tonight I'm going to finish the game, level 4 chalices are clearly New Game+ material anyway. I think I'm going to go for all the endings to get the Platinum trophy... I also want to see them all and I may not play through the game 3 times to see them. Going to require some uploading and downloading from PS+ and/or a USB stick.
Last edit: 09 May 2015 19:43 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds