October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

BurgerFi - pandering?

More
25 Feb 2016 20:31 #223323 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic BurgerFi - pandering?
It's kind of hard for me to talk about my time in Orem without it sounding like I am anti-LDS. So I will say only that I got along great with all the Mormons from CA and NY, and they all got along better with me than with the TBMs from behind the Zion Curtain. That and -- analagous to your takeaway from living in Qatar maybe -- it made me realize I never want to move to a town where vegans are a majority. On the grounds that if you take a minority that is often mocked or dismissed, and suddenly put them in charge, it's real hard for them not to be assholes about it.

Re: vegan cookbooks. Isa Chandra Moskowitz is kind of the goddess of vegan cooking right now, although there's too much out there to be honest. (When I first went vegan I had every vegan cookbook, now the idea is laughable.) Anyway we mostly use ISA DOES IT, which is focused on fast, easy, good, healthy meals for week nights when you're tired from work and don't have the time or energy for some big production. Her earlier VEGANOMICON is more involved but has the gluten-free recipes clearly marked out for your convenience.

There's also THE EAT TO LIVE COOKBOOK by Fuhrman, of infomercial fame. That is probably the healthiest food you could eat. I followed it for January and felt amazing but I failed to navigate the domestic challenge of "how do I promote this cookbook to my wife, who likes to cook and does most of the cooking, without it coming across as an implicit criticism of her cooking?" Sigh. The book is all gluten-free and non-dairy. It does have some non-vegan recipes (salmon etc.) but almost all of them are vegan and pretty easy. Apparently Penn Jillette followed some modified version of this diet and lost 150 lbs. Looks gaunt now but he was real fat before, so it's probably what he should normally look like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2016 08:04 #223348 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic BurgerFi - pandering?

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Legomancer wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: Oh...Classic Burger in West Springfield, MA.

That is the best burger place, actually. Legomancer would disagree (based on his commentary) but he is aware of it. Maybe Shellie and Al (and really, all of the CT folks) may know of it. Great stuff.

I don't know it, actually.

Wow, I'm shocked. It's like 20 minutes from you. Jim turned me onto it.
www.classicburgers.net/

Fantastic.

It's a burger. I want a burger, I ain't have to hoof it over to West Springfield.

More
26 Feb 2016 09:31 #223352 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic BurgerFi - pandering?
Thanks for this information. That eat to live cookbook is so popular that you can't find used copies on Amazon. Everyone keeps it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds