October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Adeptu$ Titanicu$

More
08 Aug 2018 16:32 #279499 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
Absolutely out on this. From the price, I'm presuming those Titans are in 32mm scale and you can use the Knights in 40k games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 20:34 #279507 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
Well I just used the eBay coupon to get more KT stuff so I guess I’ve decided to pass for now.

More
09 Aug 2018 00:17 #279513 by Smeagol
Replied by Smeagol on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
So many things wrong with this release. The cost is just where it begins.

If the GW faithful were starved for releases, I think it would fly. If this was 5-6 years ago and they were starved for warhammer quest and necromunda, and etc etc.

But they're not. There have been tons of great releases and there is no sign of them stopping.

Changing the scale up is a mistake. The appeal of epic is running HUGE battles, who wants to run slightly bigger battles, which is all that is possible when you make the scale bigger. Might as well just push two tables together and play full sized knights.

People can almost have this same experience with regular knights and armigers in full size 40k.

Forge world only for add ons also ruins things.

More
09 Aug 2018 00:45 #279515 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, the more I dwell on it...the more I think this is DOA. It’s mismanaged. Originally this was going to be a Forge World release altogether, but there was a push to do it in plastic. I really don’t understand the scale up either, the appeal was always that it was smaller (but bigger). Coming it at a $300 price point to start is just mind boggling...but then again, look at what is going on with Kickstarter...

I wouldn’t be surprised if people wind up playing this with Knights and Armigers rather than buying the slightly smaller but not really that much less expensive AT models.

I
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smeagol

More
09 Aug 2018 00:52 #279517 by Smeagol
Replied by Smeagol on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
Sorry I forgot To mention, the value in the other starters and stand lone games for mainstream hobbyists has been so great, and that's all stuff you can use in other games.

for example you bought shadow war Armageddon but it flopped for you, the models and terrain are still great additions to your gw hobby collections.

Recent double Titan boxed set almost a 40k army, and a knight battle game, you can buy two of those for the cost of this and use them in the main game.

I guess I'm rambling, but the lack of crossover value is what makes this too much money, but all the other sets worth it,
The following user(s) said Thank You: birdman37

More
09 Aug 2018 08:36 #279524 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
The size scale up from this would be LARP. GW fans could don elaborate mecha costumes and hit each other with nerf weapons.

More
09 Aug 2018 10:18 #279530 by panzerattack
Replied by panzerattack on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$

Shellhead wrote: The size scale up from this would be LARP. GW fans could don elaborate mecha costumes and hit each other with nerf weapons.

Adeptus Godzilacus

More
09 Aug 2018 16:58 #279549 by Pat II
Replied by Pat II on topic Adeptu$ Titanicu$
Coming out and saying they have no intention of introducing zenos or infantry is not going to help this. Why would they state this ahead of the release?

More
09 Aug 2018 17:44 #279553 by Michael Barnes
I think they are dumping this.

I think they spec-ed it out a while back as a Forge World thing but the switch to plastics on the base game likely caused some logistical issues. I think they were looking at it as a one-off kind of thing, not as a core line. But the expectation is that this is the return of Epic, and that it is going to be a full on, ongoing concern. I get a sense that the “limited edition until 2019!” Is both a FOMO hook and an indication that there’s not much faith in the game sustaining itself. 2019 rolls around, there are still $300 boxes on shelves because it’s prices out of the market...and they simply don’t make more instead of continuing to flog a floundering game for years (see: WHFB). I don’t get a sense that there is stakeholder confidence behind it, like with Shadespire or Kill Team.

Over on the fan sites, the tone amongst apologists is “but look, you are supposed to split a box with a friend and both of you buy the rule book!” That is some bullshit right there. That is making an excuse to justify spending MORE than the buy in price...and there is talk that you need to run a maniple of three. That’s over $300 right there for three models.

So I think this is going to be a Shadow War moment where it’s a short-sell product that comes and goes...there’s no way this game has a future at the prices asked for here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds