October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Thunderstone Advance

More
12 Jan 2012 05:45 #112597 by Last Alchemist
I just received my missing cards for HoD in the mail today from AEG after emailing them that I was missing the cards last Thursday.

In a statement that was sent out before any of the games were in customers hands AEG said that they had been notified of the mispack of the game after it had been received by them, and instead of holding getting the game into customers hands they decided to ship the missing cards separetely. The FLGS near me was selling their first shipment copies with the missing cards attached in a baggie to the shrinkwrap of the game.

Just my experience with HoD. I felt AEG was really up front, and did the best they could to make a bad situation an okay situation.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2012 05:25 - 14 Jan 2012 05:25 #112847 by tin0men
Replied by tin0men on topic Re: Thunderstone Advance

Last Alchemist wrote: I just received my missing cards for HoD in the mail today from AEG after emailing them that I was missing the cards last Thursday.
Just my experience with HoD. I felt AEG was really up front, and did the best they could to make a bad situation an okay situation.

Dan

Sounds like they changed policy . Back in late November, a few weeks after my preorder came in, discussions at BGG's forums were still consistently reporting that AEG was holding firm on pushing customer service contacts for the missing cards to, "...go through the vendor to get the cards" (an 11/4/11 comment ). If they did change the policy, it was a damn good idea. Because this paying repeat customer was pretty ticked at the idea, and still bears the incident in mind when weighing new purchases from AEG... :D
Last edit: 14 Jan 2012 05:25 by tin0men.

More
17 Jan 2012 16:06 #113166 by Last Alchemist
A couple of more previews of Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin have been put up by AEG in the past few days.

There Be Dragons
Our first look at the new layout for monsters in the game. The red border indicates that it is a monster, and this will make it more easily recognizable when they are in your hand. Also the size of the strength icon in the top right has been increased to make it more easily readable. The only really new thing you can see from this preview is that the monster is listed as a "Level 3." Will have to wait and see what this indicates in the coming weeks.

Payable to Bearer
Now we seen what they mean by advancing the game, and making some improvements! No longer will the game end by you stumbling upon a Thunderstone in the dungeon like Bilbo. Now you have a Big Boss Monster fight to end the game. The one previewed will always be difficult with tha ability he has. I love the idea of them combing the thunderstones and Guardians into a single really bad ass monster. Even if I end up losing the game, if I beat one of these big baddies I think I would really have a sense that I kicked some ass at least.

Dan

More
17 Jan 2012 17:59 #113179 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Re: Thunderstone Advance
There is now a Thunderstone game on Facebook. Pretty basic, and does not use the new Advance rules. But it's free, so it gives you a preview of how the gameplay goes if you are curious.

More
18 Jan 2012 09:53 #113245 by Hex Sinister

Last Alchemist wrote: The only really new thing you can see from this preview is that the monster is listed as a "Level 3."

You might have to separate the monsters and arrange them in a tiered stack now. So easy level 1's will be on the top of the dungeon deck, 3rd levels at the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if the dungeon coridoor has been lengthened also. Just speculating.

More
18 Jan 2012 14:50 #113271 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Re: Thunderstone Advance
We started splitting the monsters out when some games started by players stonewalled by some huge creatures on the initial deal and then the back half of the deck was all low level stuff. So we'd sort them out by strength and shuffle the deck in thirds.

• Steve Weeks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Jan 2012 15:29 #113282 by Steve Weeks
Replied by Steve Weeks on topic Re: Thunderstone Advance
Wow, Im way behind on Thunderstone news. I was so completely satisfied with the original that I have not bothered with expansions. I may do so soon.

More
31 Jan 2012 01:13 #114713 by Last Alchemist
New preview posted today:

Familiars

Interesting new mechanic added to the game. I can see a how they can branch this out in different directions with different expansions. Classes of familiars, etc.

Really can't wait for this expansion.

Dan

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds