October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

F:AT at BGG.Con 2013

More
11 Aug 2013 21:13 #158294 by san il defanso
Are any F:ATties thinking of going to Dallas for BGG.con this year? I know that a lot of you live nearby and have frequented in years past. There's a pretty decent chance that I could make it this year, so I thought it'd be cool to see if anyone wanted to meet up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2013 03:28 #158303 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
My Fiance and I will be making the trip this year, just not sure when we're going to get up there. Always looking for more AT folk to play with, as my group leans more towards fun-murdering and cube pushing. Maybe I'll actually get around to posting a few photos I took from last year...but what's the hurry.

More
12 Aug 2013 04:08 #158304 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
Bought a ticket last year but didn't have the time or money to go to Dallas when it came time. Loathe to buy another ticket in advance again because of that. I've heard it's a good time if you get with the right folks though.

More
12 Aug 2013 13:34 #158321 by san il defanso
I guess I was under the impression that we had a pretty strong showing last year, but it sounds like that might not have been the case. I might just stay home and save my money, since most of the people I'd know would be people I already game with right here in Kansas City.

More
12 Aug 2013 14:16 #158331 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
No, you're right, I definitely think there are some folks who regularly go up there---I posted a thread on it last year and there were. You might look up the 2012 thread and see who the people were who went then and PM them.

More
12 Aug 2013 16:36 #158355 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
Last year I gamed with Steve Avery (who did not wear a single tank top, much to my disappointment) and looked at a prototype with Zev. But beyond that, I didn't see any other F:AT regulars (though keep in mind, I could probably be sitting next to you and not know it). I'll be a bit bummed if no one else shows, but I'll still find a way to have fun. =]

More
12 Aug 2013 17:02 #158360 by MattFantastic
95% sure I'm going this year. If I do I've been instructed that I need to bring the unicorn outfit and ride around on Cocktavian for a bit.

But if your main reason to go to specifically BGG Con is to see people from the Fort (and it's not remarkably inexpensive for some reason), you'd be far better served at either WBC or ConnCon despite their being much smaller events. Even Repopalooza in November will have a lot more of "us" than BGG Con. There are only a couple regulars here who even live in TX, let alone Dallas. By far the biggest concentration of regulars here is between DC and Boston, so our local jams get loaded up with quality! Atlanta would be the only other spot with a notable number of quality nerds and it still lags far behind.

More
12 Aug 2013 17:40 #158371 by san il defanso

MattLoter wrote: 95% sure I'm going this year. If I do I've been instructed that I need to bring the unicorn outfit and ride around on Cocktavian for a bit.

But if your main reason to go to specifically BGG Con is to see people from the Fort (and it's not remarkably inexpensive for some reason), you'd be far better served at either WBC or ConnCon despite their being much smaller events. Even Repopalooza in November will have a lot more of "us" than BGG Con. There are only a couple regulars here who even live in TX, let alone Dallas. By far the biggest concentration of regulars here is between DC and Boston, so our local jams get loaded up with quality! Atlanta would be the only other spot with a notable number of quality nerds and it still lags far behind.

For me the appeal of BGG.con is cost, since there are a lot of KC gamers who drive down to Dallas every year, and who all share hotel rooms. I could do registration, hotel, and transportation for about half the cost of what it would take to go out to ConnCon or WBC, just because those are a little beyond driving distance for me.

The main appeal of a con that big is that I could meet people I only really know online. I'm still a little on the fence. I'll try to make a decision before the end of the week and let you guys know if I'll be there.

More
14 Nov 2013 23:53 #165233 by quozl
Replied by quozl on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
So anybody here going this year?

This will be my first time there. I'll be demoing Flick Wars at the Print & Play Productions booth and demo table.

Swing by if you're there and say hi from F:AT!

More
15 Nov 2013 01:13 #165239 by ZMan
Replied by ZMan on topic Re: F:AT at BGG.Con 2013
I'll be there!

I'll be selling games, playing games and testing protos. Heck I'm leaving tomorrow for the Dallas Games Marathon to do playtesting until BGG.con starts.

And eating lots of bbq!! Gonna get the meat sweats!

Zev
The following user(s) said Thank You: quozl

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds