October 09, 2023
2450 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2651 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Superfly Circus GenCon 2014 Special Edition Magazine

More
27 Aug 2014 08:44 #185979 by SuperflyPete
Thanks to all - and please remember to forward it to everyone you know. News outlets, what-have-you.

One year I got 10,000 downloads in the first 2 months, and last year I got roughly half. With the new site, no subscribers, etc, I'm hoping to get at least 1,000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2014 09:43 #185983 by charlest

More
27 Aug 2014 12:45 #185996 by Space Ghost
I am so fucking enraged that D&D attack wing is in the Forgotten Realms world and not Dragonlance. What a fucking miss. It isn't like either are the high point of literature, but overall, I believe the average Dragonlance book is much better than the average Forgotten Realms book.

Fuck you, Drizzt and Elminster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., Gary Sax, VonTush, Rafael Silva

More
27 Aug 2014 13:43 #185999 by Legomancer
Good work, Pete!

By the way, I played 2 hours of The Witcher. It's not good. It's boring, frustrating, and loaded with downtime. I don't think any of us were wowed by it, including the guys who knew the videogames.

More
27 Aug 2014 13:57 - 27 Aug 2014 14:40 #186004 by fastbilly1
Excellent piece. I thoroughly enjoyed it and added a few games to my wishlist because of it.
Two notes:
page 22, the farting guy is from Attack on Titan, a recent anime.
page 23, lady on the left is Jinx from League of Legends a popular PC game right now.
Despite never seeing on playing those two titles, they are at every convention right now.

Legomancer wrote: By the way, I played 2 hours of The Witcher. It's not good. It's boring, frustrating, and loaded with downtime. I don't think any of us were wowed by it, including the guys who knew the videogames.

It does have alot of downtime, but it is not a finished game. CDPR has stated that they are far from finished in implementation. That is why right now it is more of a race to finish your main quest than anything else. I hesitate to say more since CDPR wants to keep a lid on it for now. But I will say that I have played a couple dozen games of it and keep going back. True part of that is because I am a big fan of the both of the videogames and the book series, but the game is kinda like a competitive Eldritch Horror.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2014 14:40 by fastbilly1.

More
27 Aug 2014 13:59 #186005 by scrumpyjack

Gary Sax wrote: I just looked at the Wyrmwood website... they don't sell much, but what they do sell looks extremely nice.

I backed their Dice Vault kickstarter and I chose the aromatic cedar version. It is of fantastic quality and I would highly recommend them if you're looking for some beautiful gaming accessories.

More
27 Aug 2014 15:12 #186009 by daveroswell
Congratulations Pete...Eric martin mentioned you on BGG, and even put you in the title of his piece: www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/33380/lin...t-wins-geekie-superf

More
27 Aug 2014 15:25 #186010 by SuperflyPete
That was incredibly kind of him.

More
27 Aug 2014 15:31 #186011 by VonTush
Wonder how MMM is going to word the subtle banning threat message to Eric.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, scissors, bfkiller, Msample, hotseatgames, Colorcrayons, wadenels, Bull Nakano

More
27 Aug 2014 15:55 #186013 by Legomancer

fastbilly1 wrote: It does have alot of downtime, but it is not a finished game. CDPR has stated that they are far from finished in implementation. That is why right now it is more of a race to finish your main quest than anything else. I hesitate to say more since CDPR wants to keep a lid on it for now. But I will say that I have played a couple dozen games of it and keep going back. True part of that is because I am a big fan of the both of the videogames and the book series, but the game is kinda like a competitive Eldritch Horror.

I figured it wasn't finished yet, which is why I haven't said too much about it. Thanks for confirming that.

More
27 Aug 2014 16:46 #186016 by daveroswell

VonTush wrote: Wonder how MMM is going to word the subtle banning threat message to Eric.

People are already posting on BGG they miss Pete and wish he didn't leave. I have an impression some don't realize he was perma-banned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scissors, 433, Gary Sax

More
27 Aug 2014 16:49 #186017 by VonTush
Pete - You mention having a tough time finding Forsaken Lore.
TM me your address, CSI sent me an extra one by mistake and told me to keep.
My treat.

More
27 Aug 2014 17:47 #186020 by Msample

daveroswell wrote:

VonTush wrote: Wonder how MMM is going to word the subtle banning threat message to Eric.

People are already posting on BGG they miss Pete and wish he didn't leave. I have an impression some don't realize he was perma-banned.

The vast majority of BGG users can't imagine anything so harsh would happen in the Mr. Rogers like world that Cockatavian and the rest the mods have created. I can almost see him on a pulpit at BGG.Con.

Barnes : did you perma ban Superfly Pete ?

Aldie : You *don't* have to answer that question!

Cocktavian : I'll answer the question!

[to Barnes]

Cocktavian: You want answers?

Barnes: I think I'm entitled to.

Cocktavian : *You want answers?*

Barnes: *I want the truth!*

Cocktavian: *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

Cocktavian : Son, we live on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with keyboards. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Robert Wesley/Grogtard ? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Superfly, and you curse BGG mods. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Superfly's banning, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at gaming conventions, you want me on that keyboard, you need me on that keyboard. We use words like theme, worker placement, playability. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a gamers who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the sanitized forum experience that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you buy some fucking Geek Gold, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, scissors, allismom3, daveroswell, hotseatgames, wadenels, Attrition

More
27 Aug 2014 18:49 #186023 by Gary Sax

scrumpyjack wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: I just looked at the Wyrmwood website... they don't sell much, but what they do sell looks extremely nice.

I backed their Dice Vault kickstarter and I chose the aromatic cedar version. It is of fantastic quality and I would highly recommend them if you're looking for some beautiful gaming accessories.

I don't need any of the things they sell now but I bookmarked them and will check back for other stuff.

More
27 Aug 2014 20:38 #186024 by SuperflyPete

VonTush wrote: Pete - You mention having a tough time finding Forsaken Lore.
TM me your address, CSI sent me an extra one by mistake and told me to keep.
My treat.

I could kiss you hard on the mouth.

Thanks to all of you for all of the incredibly kind words, by the way. You folks are the reason I keep doing this.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds