October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Kickstarter News

More
11 Dec 2013 08:31 #167396 by KudagFirefist
So my brother has this kickstarter going for modular dungeon terrain for use with 25mm minis. Going pretty great so far. Thought some of you might be interested.

He is licensed through Hirst Arts, but some of the pieces are custom sculpts, with more to be commissioned as future stretch goals.

Anyway, if this sounds like your cup of tea:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/458846070/l...ular-dungeon-terrain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2013 09:33 - 11 Dec 2013 09:36 #167406 by SuperflyPete
I'm a fan of HA, and these look really slick, but you can't beat Dwarven Forge's resin stuff. At $105 CAD for the "pro painted" stuff, you'd be better off buying a DF resin set, or a DF Dwarvenite (Kickstarter) set. Now that stuff is absolutely indestructible.

If I were to get in on this, I'd do it solely for the add-ons. That "Custom Add On" kit is worth the 85$ painted easily. Shit, I spent that much on half that much stuff on eBay last month.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2013 09:36 by SuperflyPete.

More
11 Dec 2013 18:36 #167502 by KudagFirefist
It is my understanding that the kits offered by IRG are pretty comparable on both an area and price level.

The IRG kits are cast in Excalibur, a lightweight and very resilient material. You really have to go out of your way to break this stuff.

The more modular nature (walls and floors are separate) of IRGs components offers significant advantages over DFs tiles, in both variety of setup and storage requirements.

In addition IRG is focused on customizing terrain sets to each individual customers needs, in choice of paint scheme, detailing options, and as you said, right down to the fully customizable addon kit.

Additionally, the free Canadian shipping is a pretty big savings for Canadian gamers over other terrain vendors based elsewhere.

More
04 Sep 2015 10:07 - 04 Sep 2015 10:13 #209950 by Itai
Replied by Itai on topic Kickstarter News
I just discoverd this thread, and that according to this, I was an outlaw when I came last year to talk to you about Conan.

I'd like to tell you about The 7th continent, a game which will be kickstarted on the 29th of september and which is attracting a lot of interest on BGG.
In short, in this very thematic cooperative game players are explorers who go back to the continent they discovered in order to lift a curse. To do that they'll need to explore the terrain, build tools, hunt for food and solve mysteries. A single game takes about 15 to 20 hours. But at any point, there is a mechanism allowing you to save at any time all the information from your current play in only a few minutes. Then whenever you want you can just unpile the cards you saved and resume your game.
Would that game be of interest to the people here, and do you think a thread could be opened about it ?

Also I'll talk to the publsher about getting a banner ad here. I'm sure it won't be a problem. Who should be contacted for that ?

EDIT: missed the advertisement link on my first reading of the first post.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2015 10:13 by Itai.

More
04 Sep 2015 10:20 #209955 by SuperflyPete

KudagFirefist wrote: It is my understanding that the kits offered by IRG are pretty comparable on both an area and price level.

The IRG kits are cast in Excalibur, a lightweight and very resilient material. You really have to go out of your way to break this stuff.

The more modular nature (walls and floors are separate) of IRGs components offers significant advantages over DFs tiles, in both variety of setup and storage requirements.

In addition IRG is focused on customizing terrain sets to each individual customers needs, in choice of paint scheme, detailing options, and as you said, right down to the fully customizable addon kit.

Additionally, the free Canadian shipping is a pretty big savings for Canadian gamers over other terrain vendors based elsewhere.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/458846070/l...eon-terrain/comments

Wow, this was a straight up fraud case.

More
04 Sep 2015 10:27 #209959 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Kickstarter News

Itai wrote: I just discoverd this thread, and that according to this, I was an outlaw when I came last year to talk to you about Conan.

I'd like to tell you about The 7th continent, a game which will be kickstarted on the 29th of september and which is attracting a lot of interest on BGG.
In short, in this very thematic cooperative game players are explorers who go back to the continent they discovered in order to lift a curse. To do that they'll need to explore the terrain, build tools, hunt for food and solve mysteries. A single game takes about 15 to 20 hours. But at any point, there is a mechanism allowing you to save at any time all the information from your current play in only a few minutes. Then whenever you want you can just unpile the cards you saved and resume your game.
Would that game be of interest to the people here, and do you think a thread could be opened about it ?

Also I'll talk to the publsher about getting a banner ad here. I'm sure it won't be a problem. Who should be contacted for that ?

EDIT: missed the advertisement link on my first reading of the first post.

Of all the names, you chose one that is shared with a disturbing ass film about a family committing suicide?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds