October 09, 2023
2286 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What SPORTS are you following?

More
02 Jun 2014 18:00 #179591 by ChristopherMD
You know the purpose of this thread so I don't really need to write an introduction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2014 19:17 #179596 by scissors
Stanley Cup Playoff hockey. from afar. wish the Habs had forced a Game 7 against the Rangers. Tennis, Roland Garros. Upcoming football World Cup.

More
02 Jun 2014 20:01 #179598 by Black Barney
lol, I had a feeling this was coming up what with us Canadians icing up the TV thread too much. We can;ty help it :)

I will place a bet tomorrow that the Kings will take it in 6. My wife is from New York and is mad at me.

Looking forward to the return of the Daily Show tonight? I hope it's back tonight anyway.

Besides movies on TV that I usually stop and watch, the only shows that stop my channel flipping these days are Reviews on the Run or EP Daily (both on G4TechTV) mostly because of Marrisa Roberto. I also have been stopping a bunch on the new Match Game since my buddy Murray was on it.

More
02 Jun 2014 20:44 #179601 by dave
I've been a Spurs fanatic since 1990, so obviously the NBA Finals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
02 Jun 2014 20:56 - 02 Jun 2014 20:57 #179604 by Mr. White
NBA Finals. Not a super basketball fan, but a huge Spurs fan, just a top notch organization from the top to the bottom. The wife and I used to go to a game a month prior to kids. It's hard to believe we haven't been to a game in almost 8 years, yet Timmy, Manu, and Tony are _still_ together and constantly challenging for a title. And to think they could have had three more rings (0.4 Fisher, Manu foul on Dirk, last year v the Heat).

Getting ready for World Cup. Pissed at the Donovan admission. If anything he could provide leadership/experience and would be great for crunch time minutes when we need something to happen. His presence on the pitch late in the game, may even give an opponent pause to re-asses who they're guarding. This is ridiculous. Klinsman's son tweeting out has really soured that clan in my eyes. But, hey, Klinsman thinks we have 23 players _better_ than Donovan, so I fully expect us to break through the group stage.... /sarcasm.

Houston Dynamo. On pause during the NBA Playoffs, then World Cup.

MMA from time to time.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 20:57 by Mr. White.

More
02 Jun 2014 21:12 #179608 by VonTush
Watching my loved KC Royals playing the I-70 series right now. And since this year will be yet again another one filled with heartache, I'm waiting for Kansas Basketball to start up. And last night was disappointing watching the Blackhawks fall. About the only time I get to watch them is playoff time though I'd watch the regular season if I could get them here (without paying). And I'm glad the NFL draft is over because the constant coverage leading up to and during is numbing.

More
02 Jun 2014 21:15 #179609 by JoelCFC25
My dad is from Chicago, so I follow the Chicago teams, with the exception of the Bulls--haven't really been into the NBA since the Jordan/Pippen years. The Cubs are on another long death march to the conclusion of their 106th consecutive season without a championship, no surprises there. The Blackhawks threw away yet another lead to miss out on the Stanley Cup finals, but at least I've seen them win twice in my lifetime, so I'm not too devastated.

I am excited about the World Cup, even though I fully expect the USA to be summarily humped in all 3 matches and be on the first flight home. It is somewhat astonishing that Klinsmann refused to acknowledge the value of including Donovan in the team. I'm not his biggest fan by a long shot, but he's demonstrated that he has World Cup chops, unlike some of the other numpties chosen in his place. Eccentricity like this is largely what doomed Klinsmann's managerial prospects in Germany--I guess here in this country we're dying to be relevant badly enough that we were willing to live with it.

More
04 Jun 2014 13:05 #179636 by Joebot

VonTush wrote: Watching my loved KC Royals playing the I-70 series right now.

As a lifelong Cardinal fan (living behind enemy lines in Chicago), I'd like to extend a heartfelt and sincere "FUCK YOU" for that game last night. I'm starting to hate this year's Cardinal team. So much talent, so little to show for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VonTush

More
04 Jun 2014 13:24 - 04 Jun 2014 13:26 #179642 by san il defanso
My Cleveland Indians have won five in a row! After being last in the AL Central for most of the season, it's nice to make up some ground.

I'm going to their game against the Royals next Tuesday, with my buddy who has season tickets behind home plate. Looking forward to that one.

Oh, and I've been following the offseason for the Cleveland Browns on an almost daily basis. Anyone who isn't a Browns fan will think it sounds crazy, but I have loved a lot of the offseason moves they've made and I felt good about the draft. I'm optimistic to win more than 4 games this year.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2014 13:26 by san il defanso.

More
04 Jun 2014 14:46 #179648 by VonTush

Joebot wrote:

VonTush wrote: Watching my loved KC Royals playing the I-70 series right now.

As a lifelong Cardinal fan (living behind enemy lines in Chicago), I'd like to extend a heartfelt and sincere "FUCK YOU" for that game last night. I'm starting to hate this year's Cardinal team. So much talent, so little to show for it.

Well, at least you have recent pennants. We're still riding the '85 wave...When we stole (due to a blown call) the World Series from you! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Of course I was 5 and living in Chicago at that time...I still have family and friends up there though. What parts are you from? I've split my time (when not in the KC area) between Cal City, Orland and Buffalo Grove.

More
04 Jun 2014 15:00 #179650 by Black Barney
This Thursday's French Open semi-final is going to be super exciting for me. It'll be the first time I am NOT rooting for Sharapova. Eugenie Bouchard (our little Canadian princess sweetheart) is facing off against her hero. I can't wait.

More
05 Jun 2014 11:30 #179743 by Joebot

VonTush wrote:
Well, at least you have recent pennants. We're still riding the '85 wave...When we stole (due to a blown call) the World Series from you! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Of course I was 5 and living in Chicago at that time...I still have family and friends up there though. What parts are you from? I've split my time (when not in the KC area) between Cal City, Orland and Buffalo Grove.

You just HAD to bring up '85, didn't you? Even with all the Cardinals' success in the past 15 years, '85 still stings. I was 12 at the time, and remember it vividly. During the game last night, the Cardinal announcer commented, "Too bad baseball didn't have instant replay back in '85." Yep.

I live in Addison now (western suburb of Chicago), but grew up in downstate Illinois.

More
05 Jun 2014 11:46 #179746 by VonTush
Wouldn't be a proper fan if I didn't. :) At least I'll admit it was a blown call.
I'm still not sure what was the worse blown call though...'85 or that James Joyce call from a few years back that cost that pitcher the perfect game.

More
05 Jun 2014 23:58 - 06 Jun 2014 00:14 #179783 by jeb
I follow the World Champion Boston Red Sox, obv obv. I actually paid for the MLB app this year to see the highlights and get audio. That's pretty sweet. Had a tough patch there (11 in a row, damn), but have weathered it. Need some offense, though, holy shit. The AL East is a bloodbath this year. The Rays are the worst team at 23-38, but that's because they have cooked up their own 10 game losing streak. August is going to be a fucking mess.

Stupid Habs, ruining everything like always. Rangers? You beat the Bruins and lose to the fucking Rangers? Ugh.

I picked my winners in the World Cup Pickem--the USA will come our of group. We will beat Ghana handily and I think we'll beat Portugal. Then we'll get annihilated by some CONMEBOL stalwart in the elims.

I also keep track of the Celtics and the Pats, but less so. I like to watch Ultimate, too, as able. highlights
Last edit: 06 Jun 2014 00:14 by jeb.

More
06 Jun 2014 08:02 #179792 by wadenels
I follow the MN Vikings pretty closely, but I don't pay attention to much else except the Olympics. Being a Vikings fan is enough punishment.

For those who don't know the Vikings are building a new roofed stadium so they have to play outdoors at the Gopher's field at home for the next two years. I already got my tickets for the Packer game this year because once the stadium is done there'll be no more outdoor home games for a very long time. I hope it's snowing heavy because harsh outdoor football is awesome.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds