October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What SPORTS are you following?

More
06 Jun 2014 09:05 #179794 by san il defanso

jeb wrote: I follow the World Champion Boston Red Sox, obv obv. I actually paid for the MLB app this year to see the highlights and get audio. That's pretty sweet. Had a tough patch there (11 in a row, damn), but have weathered it. Need some offense, though, holy shit. The AL East is a bloodbath this year. The Rays are the worst team at 23-38, but that's because they have cooked up their own 10 game losing streak. August is going to be a fucking mess.

A friend of mine here in KC was telling me that this is money well spent, especially if you 1) don't have cable and 2) follow and out-of-market team, especially if that team is not Boston or New York. Sounds like it's definitely worth a look for baseball fans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2014 09:25 #179798 by Msample
The only sports I follow are the NFL and Formula 1. F1 is kind of boring this year though due to the utter dominance of Mercedes, its a flashback to the early 00s when Ferrari made the sport boring. However behind the race winners there has been some good mid field battles. And this weeks track ( Montreal ) is one that usually produces entertaining races.

More
06 Jun 2014 09:31 #179799 by VonTush

wadenels wrote: I follow the MN Vikings pretty closely, but I don't pay attention to much else except the Olympics. Being a Vikings fan is enough punishment.

For those who don't know the Vikings are building a new roofed stadium so they have to play outdoors at the Gopher's field at home for the next two years. I already got my tickets for the Packer game this year because once the stadium is done there'll be no more outdoor home games for a very long time. I hope it's snowing heavy because harsh outdoor football is awesome.

I love watching the old timey footage of the Black and Blue division beating up on each other in blizzards. Weather is the ultimate 12th man - For example see The Fog Bowl. To me that is football, this controlled environment is a crock. What really chaps me is that you need that controlled environment to have any chance of hosting a Super Bowl now (that is unless you're NYC) so the NFL gives incentives for domes. If I were commish, they'd be banned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
06 Jun 2014 09:41 #179801 by Joebot

San Il Defanso wrote:

jeb wrote: I follow the World Champion Boston Red Sox, obv obv. I actually paid for the MLB app this year to see the highlights and get audio. That's pretty sweet. Had a tough patch there (11 in a row, damn), but have weathered it. Need some offense, though, holy shit. The AL East is a bloodbath this year. The Rays are the worst team at 23-38, but that's because they have cooked up their own 10 game losing streak. August is going to be a fucking mess.

A friend of mine here in KC was telling me that this is money well spent, especially if you 1) don't have cable and 2) follow and out-of-market team, especially if that team is not Boston or New York. Sounds like it's definitely worth a look for baseball fans.

I've been subscribing to MLB.tv for a couple of years, and it is fucking amazing. However, as you noted, you have to follow an out-of-market team. All in-market games are blacked out because of MLB's archaic and draconian blackout rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
23 Oct 2014 00:54 #189137 by VonTush
Over the past week:
Watched a B2 Bomber fly over The K just before watching the Royals sweep Baltimore.
Prior to that passed Marlins Man in the parking lot.
Yesterday, tuned out the game in frustration.
Tonight, celebrating the start of a new series with Whiskey and Tequila!
(Just a few oz of each, I have to work tomorrow after all)

GO ROYALS!!!! TAKE THE CROWN!!!!!!!!

More
23 Oct 2014 08:57 #189149 by charlest
How come no one is talking hockey?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Oct 2014 09:25 #189152 by Joebot

VonTush wrote:
GO ROYALS!!!! TAKE THE CROWN!!!!!!!!

Goddammit, I never thought I'd say this, but ... I'm jumping on the Royals bandwagon with both feet. Fuck that fucking Giants team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VonTush

More
23 Oct 2014 10:32 #189160 by Black Barney

charlest wrote: How come no one is talking hockey?

You're right, someone needs to talk about the white sports. Habs are having a great season so far! Tied with the Ducks for number one in entire league. We're on a 3-game winning streak. Ottawa could become a cinderella story and is on 4-game streak now. We'll see what happens there.

More
23 Oct 2014 10:34 #189161 by charlest

Black Barney wrote:

charlest wrote: How come no one is talking hockey?

You're right, someone needs to talk about the white sports. Habs are having a great season so far! Tied with the Ducks for number one in entire league. We're on a 3-game winning streak. Ottawa could become a cinderella story and is on 4-game streak now. We'll see what happens there.

I like that you start talking about the "white sports" by mentioning the Habs.

I hope the Canucks get the shit kicked out of them tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Oct 2014 11:51 #189174 by Gary Sax
I'm excited for the NBA to start up now that Arsenal sucks. I wish League Pass were better. I don't get TV, so if I bought NBA League pass I couldn't watch any of the games that are on national TV! So it's kind of a pointless service in some respects.

More
23 Oct 2014 13:02 #189180 by VonTush
Who's your NBA team?
I'm more of a college fan myself when it comes to Basketball - (Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby). But growing up in Chicago during the Jordan Era its kind of hard for me not to pay at least some attention to The Bulls. My passion for college B-Ball though tends to taint players for the NBA for me so my dislike of FL and KY makes it hard to pay attention to Wall and Noah.

Really wish KC has a hockey team, I was hoping that when the city build the arena one might be talked into coming, but alas, we were just used for leverage. I'll get a fair amount of Blues on TV, but can't stand St Louis teams...I do get a handful of Blackhawks though which I'll watch any chance I get.

More
23 Oct 2014 13:37 #189181 by metalface13
I only follow soccer/futbol/football.

More
23 Oct 2014 14:02 #189185 by charlest

VonTush wrote: I'll get a fair amount of Blues on TV, but can't stand St Louis teams...

Awesome. We don't want you anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost

More
23 Oct 2014 15:33 #189193 by VonTush

charlest wrote:

VonTush wrote: I'll get a fair amount of Blues on TV, but can't stand St Louis teams...

Awesome. We don't want you anyway.

Born in Chicago and live in Kansas City...My hatred of St Louis comes from both sides of the Mississippi!

More
23 Oct 2014 15:59 #189194 by Gary Sax
NBA team is Chicago... born in the Chicago burbs during the Jordan era. But I like watching other teams, especially if they play with style. And IIRC the Bulls are a horrible team to watch from a League Pass perspective since they have a lot of TNT/TBS games AND they have so many WGN national games.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds