October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Games Workshop--what are you buying, selling, playing, or painting?

More
18 Feb 2019 09:05 #292499 by SaMoKo
Lol, you pretty much read my mind with how I’m painting these Barnes.

I picked up a medium shade of metal as well, largely because I will also be using it for the Deathwatch team next and the terrain.

I’ll likely convert some Warriors into Flayed Ones, and I’ll use Reikland Flesh wash on them with some blood splatter.

The Moot Green and Waaagh Flesh will work on the green bits, with maybe a touch of yellow and white for the final highlight. I was thinking of adding some glow around the eyes but I’m more likely to fuck that up so I’ll pass lol. Better to go for a clean look imo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2019 09:50 #292507 by Michael Barnes
Oh, the glow is super easy. You need a dot of White Scar on that little pupil in there eye socket. Use a brush like S Layer or equivalent, make sure the paint isn’t too wet and just touch it to that bit. Then you get Waywatcher Green, it’s a glaze. Put it in the eye socket. It’s OK and desirable to get some around the socket, it will subtly tint the silver green. You can do this in several layers to get a more exaggerated effect, or leave it more subtle effect.

Deathwatch are great...if you have Overkill, there are a couple of dudes in there you can use with a DW team. My frag cannon guy is the Iron Fists guy from it.

More
18 Feb 2019 10:06 #292510 by SaMoKo
I may try the eye glaze out for the Immortals and other non mook units, but I’ll likely keep the Warriors looking like plain peasant filth :)

For Deathwatch, I snagged a 10 man box on kijiji for like $25 which should give everything we need. Can always convert some Primarchs later, but the Veteran Squads look really good with gear options

More
18 Feb 2019 11:34 #292524 by GorillaGrody
Hera protect me, I started priming the Kroot soldier for a Blackstone Fortress commission I'm working on and liked it so much I went out and bought a small lot of Kroot on ebay FOR NO REASON (well, possibly for Kill Team reasons). I have no moral compass.

More
18 Feb 2019 11:37 #292526 by SaMoKo
Yay! That does it for the Warriors I need and the Commander. Going to assemble the rest and prime on a day that isn’t so cold and snowy
Attachments:

More
19 Feb 2019 21:51 #292675 by Michael Barnes
I never play with Warriors...my Necron team is all Immortals (all gauss) and Deathmarks. I feel like Warriors don’t pack enough punch. But Reanimation Protocols can keep them on the board.

I just read the first few chapters of Attack of the Necron, the first of those “kid’s Warhammer books”. It’s fun. It starts off with a whole thing getting into Necromunda territory- hive worlds and gangers. It’s funny, as I read I explain 40k lore stuff to my kids and then the book explains it all like a paragraph later. Some of the darker, more gruesome stuff is probably not in so I doubt we’ll see Flayed Ones.

So far it works...the writing isn’t great, but it’s on par with most books for this age.

As for playing, all Adeptus Titanicus. The other day I missed an exit on the highway because I was thinking about it.

Starting on a Legio Mortis Reaver in a bit here...they are actually quite easy to paint. I’m starting to get a little experimental though with some patterns and such for the armor plates. After that’s done, I have another 2 Reavers, 2 Warlords, 4 Warhounds, 9 Questoris Knights, and 2 Cerastus Knights to go...

More
20 Feb 2019 06:49 #292693 by SaMoKo
Warriors I’ll need 4 of max in a campaign. Useful for the less hard hitting forces for squatting on objectives and skirmishing with other light forces doing so, and more than capable of shredding cultist and ranged trash alike. They aren’t as melee capable as Flayed Ones and a bit more expensive, but can be worth it for readying shots.

I’ll likely be running mostly Immortals with a Deathmark sniper

More
25 Feb 2019 10:54 - 25 Feb 2019 11:19 #292993 by Mr. White
The transfers are smaller than I'd like, but my tribute to the 2nd ed BB teams as Blitz Bowl terrain is 50% done.

I guess this is a 'Hall of Heroes' or something board. Clearly for the side with four bits of blocked areas.

Last edit: 25 Feb 2019 11:19 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, GorillaGrody, Vysetron

More
25 Feb 2019 10:58 #292994 by Hadik
Hssssss - I hate deathmark snipers!

More
25 Feb 2019 11:03 #292995 by Hadik
Picked up Tooth and Claw. It’s a huge bargain - but ouch. The GSC go to my son’s new army. I will be using the wolves as Dark Angels and so have a wee bit of converting to do on the leader. I’ll be transitioning my pure AsMil to an Impolyglot force (aka Imperial Soup).

More
25 Feb 2019 11:45 #293000 by SaMoKo
At least Deathmark snipers aren’t as bad as Admech or Dark Eldar snipers. And far less dangerous than a Deathwatch with frag cannon. Despite not being a sniper rifle, that thing is the most dangerous sniper weapon in the game

More
25 Feb 2019 15:18 #293017 by SaMoKo
Going to start assembling my AdMech this weekend. I think I’ve come up with:

Skitarii Ranger Alpha (Leader) - 10

Skitarii Vanguard Alpha: Arc Pistol, Taser Goad (Zealot) - 11

Skitarii Vanguard Gunner: Plasma Caliver (Sniper) - 13

Skitarii Ranger: Omnispex (Comm) - 10

Skitarii Ranger Gunner: Transuranic Arquebus - 15
Skitarii Vanguard: Advanced Data-tether - 14
Skitarii Vanguard x 2 - 18
Skitarii Ranger - 9

Total: 100

Going all out on guns to either blast everyone off the table or die horribly in melee.

More
25 Feb 2019 15:24 #293018 by charlest
That big Arquebus is disgusting. Blows through cover and really sets the tone for the battle.

More
25 Feb 2019 15:27 #293020 by SaMoKo

charlest wrote: That big Arquebus is disgusting. Blows through cover and really sets the tone for the battle.

Yeah lol. But oddly enough, Sniper is much better for plasma weapons it seems. I’ll just have the comms guy hang around the arquebus

More
25 Feb 2019 15:39 #293021 by Michael Barnes
I didn’t build the Arquebus. I regret not building the Arqeubus.

If you like playing AdMech, Infiltrators and Sicarians are well worth it. The models are awesome and they have a cool assortment of weapons. I favor the Infiltrators with stub carbines/flechette blasters and taser goads or power swords. But Sicarians can give you some CC punch with the transonic razors or chordclaws.

One of the new starters is a kit of those guys and a new AdMech commander.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds