October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2692 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Games Workshop--what are you buying, selling, playing, or painting?

More
26 Oct 2018 10:48 #284764 by Colorcrayons
I'm pretty shocked I am liking Blitz Bowl as much as I am.

It sort of reminds me of the cynicism I had going into Gorechosen.
I assumed that it was a game geared to sell a few GW models (and the designer has admitted that was the mission given by GW) but it was so much more than that.

My favorite games of the past two years have been games produced by GW designed by the same bloke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 10:49 #284765 by Space Ghost

Mr. White wrote: Existing teams seem to follow their 3rd ed counterpart. That looks the same here, so I'm guessing this is one of two sprues in a team box. both sprues containing:

1 ghoul - runner
2 zombies - linemen
2 skeletons - linemen
1 mummy - blocker
1 wight - blitzer

And yes, I'm more excited to field these in Blitz Bowl than BB proper.

Everything works for both though, correct?

More
26 Oct 2018 10:53 #284766 by Colorcrayons

Space Ghost wrote:

Mr. White wrote: Existing teams seem to follow their 3rd ed counterpart. That looks the same here, so I'm guessing this is one of two sprues in a team box. both sprues containing:

1 ghoul - runner
2 zombies - linemen
2 skeletons - linemen
1 mummy - blocker
1 wight - blitzer

And yes, I'm more excited to field these in Blitz Bowl than BB proper.

Everything works for both though, correct?

Well, no rules as of yet for the nurgle team and undead team for blitz bowl. The question of blitz bowl rules being made is really up in the air.

But overall, yes, the different types of players play unique roles in both games.

More
26 Oct 2018 10:59 #284767 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, out of nowhere...James Hewitt.

I don’t think it would be difficult to whip up some rules/stats to put any team in Blitz Bowl. It seems pretty simple to port things over.

More
26 Oct 2018 18:37 #284804 by Hadik
My latest ....

imgur.com/gallery/w7KvskZ

Hey how do you post images on this site?

More
26 Oct 2018 20:18 #284806 by Michael Barnes
Is that a Chimera with a battle cannon and a canopy?

More
26 Oct 2018 20:19 #284807 by Mr. White
the only way i found is to have the image hosted somewhere else, then paste the url here inside image tags.

[img]

More
26 Oct 2018 21:25 - 29 Oct 2018 06:19 #284813 by Hadik

Michael Barnes wrote: Is that a Chimera with a battle cannon and a canopy?

Nailed it! I wanted to try modding it into an open top gun carriage and somebody told me it’s now basically a Salamander?

Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 06:19 by Hadik.

More
28 Oct 2018 22:41 - 28 Oct 2018 22:43 #284888 by Sevej

If in imgur the hotlink link is quite different -> i.imgur.com/t5BjEMq.jpg
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 22:43 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadik

More
29 Oct 2018 06:16 - 29 Oct 2018 06:17 #284893 by Hadik
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 06:17 by Hadik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
23 Dec 2018 00:28 #288687 by Hadik

After a year of buying painting and reading we had our first 800pt game: Necrons v AM. Me and my son. He did the 40k equivalent of putting my head in a car door and slamming it closed on my cranium several times.

I like Kill Team but playing with the big toys is a blast!

More
23 Dec 2018 00:58 #288689 by Shellhead
Delobius of F:AT and another friend got together with me tonight. Played our second session of Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress. One player was missing, but we dragged that character along anyway, with Delobius playing that ranger in addition to his flamer. Noah played the bigass robot again, and I had my navigator with pimp cane.

The first challenge was a brief four-on-four fight that was unusual because it took place without a board. It was like my early D&D gaming in the late '70s, where the DM kept track of who was fighting who because there wasn't a map or miniatures. So we set up our miniatures in a row and lined up four ur-ghuls and traded attacks until the enemies were dead.

Then we had a lackluster combat where there were four clusters of enemies in areas that were all connected by a single long corridor. We wiped out one group at one end of the pipe right away, then used overwatch to mow down the other three groups when they attacked. Noah and I complained that the game was starting to seem too easy and repetitive.

The second big combat got a bit nasty near the end, when our robot was nearly taken out. Then we got a challenge that was shockingly hard. My navigator had to single-handedly fight eight enemies in a single map tile that was roughly 3x5 hexes. There were three ur-ghouls, 2 spindle bots, a chaos marine, and two traitor guardsman. We had all forgotten about the once per adventure abilities of our ships, but I did have a one-shot item that let me change a rolled failure into a critical success. I managed to get initiative each round, and killed 2 ur-ghouls, a spindle bot, and a traitor guardsman on the first round. But I also got a grievous injury, which can't be healed during an adventure. Second round, the ur-ghoul wandered off, but I got a regular wound. I managed to take out one more opponent before they beat me down. We thought that I was dead, but it really just meant that I was unable to do anything for the rest of the adventure until I managed to heal with destiny dice and vitality rolls.

The final battle featured a sprawling loop kind of layout, and an entrance to a long tunnel on the far side of the loop. That tunnel led to a portal to a different area of the fortress where four very alert and tough spindle bots awaited us. This time, we made good use of a couple of our ship abilities and wiped out one enemy group. Then we got to the portal and fought a delaying action against the other two groups of enemies until we could all get through the portal to finish the spindle bots.

More
23 Dec 2018 06:44 #288698 by stormseeker75
I've got a copy of Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress for sale. New in shrink. I bought it at my local store, but I'm never going to play it. $110 shipped. PM me if you are interested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
15 Jan 2019 17:10 #290059 by Cranberries
I'm surprised nobody has snapped that up.

More
16 Jan 2019 09:01 #290091 by charlest
Yeah, someone should pick that up, one of the best games of 2018.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds