October 09, 2023
2294 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
22 Apr 2019 09:49 #295870 by BaronDonut

Gary Sax wrote: I agree, still think Rifts was a good setting because they just leaned all the way in on every stupid idea.

Totally. My favorite was dimension book one, Wormwood, which might well have been titled The Notebook Sketches of that Weird Longhaired Dude in Homeroom (c).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2019 11:22 #295986 by Ah_Pook
CMON's Bloodborne Kickstarter is up, and they finally hit an IP that tempts me with this one. But does my love of BB translate into caring about a probably maybe alright box full of minis in a year and a half? Almost assuredly not, but I'm considering it a lot more than I ever have before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
24 Apr 2019 11:29 #295987 by Vysetron
I'll say this, the combat system actually gives me hope. No more patented CMON dice pool, just a small AI deck for each mook and a bit of card counting. Thank Rom they gave this to the Xenoshyft designer.

More
24 Apr 2019 11:52 #295988 by hotseatgames
I looked at it, but I don't have any confidence in CMON delivering a worthwhile experience any more, and I also think they are very disingenuous with their campaigns. The seemingly simple pledge level will be inundated with optional buys in no time. Fuck it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Colorcrayons, n815e

More
24 Apr 2019 12:12 #295991 by Gary Sax
I love BB but it has to be a wait and see for me... too many average skirmish/dungeoncrawls from CMON alongside their better offerings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
29 Apr 2019 21:19 #296264 by DarthJoJo
I won't be Kickstarting this one as it's about 50% more than I'd want to pay, but I'm glad this exists. James Ernest is releasing a 600-page, hardcover retrospective on Cheapass Games. It'll include rules and histories on more than 100 games, though not the cards or boards or other important bits. My boxed copies of Deadwood and Kill Doctor Lucky are in my forever collection as they're two of my three signed games and memories of the first time I tried to get into board games in junior high, but $60 before shipping is steep.

It's in its final 24 hours, if you're interested.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/cheapassgam...s-in-black-and-white

More
29 Apr 2019 22:55 - 29 Apr 2019 22:56 #296266 by n815e
Cthulhu Wars.

I bought the base game at retail after the first one and I’ve backed them ever since. I haven’t kept everything — I don’t want five versions of Cthulhu, crossovers or need alternative cultist sculpts.

I am going for all of the major gameplay additions: factions, maps, independent units.

It will keep me exploring forever.

I am glad this is the “last one”, though. They need to move on.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2019 22:56 by n815e.

More
30 Apr 2019 10:16 #296280 by cdennett

n815e wrote: Cthulhu Wars.
[SNIP]
I am glad this is the “last one”, though. They need to move on.

Yeah, just so everyone is aware, this is their last Kickstarter, not last product for CW. They've already announced they're working on a Carcosa map, and that is intended to be sold directly (via retail and/or webstore) sometime next year. So i would expect them to drop onesie-twosie expansions into retail from here on out, instead of running a Kickstarter for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, hotseatgames

More
30 Apr 2019 11:32 - 30 Apr 2019 11:46 #296287 by ubarose
Thanks for the info on CW. I am rather confused the way they have been running the Cat Kickstarter and this final Kickstarter. I pledged a $1 to the Cat Kickstarter because they said that they would be offering additional products through the pledge manager, and I want Wind Walkers. But then there was no pledge manager forthcoming and the more info link on that Kickstarter takes you to an April Fools wiki page.

Now I assume that they are going to have one pledge manager for both Cats & this new expansion. And I still don't know if they will be offering Wind Walker because they are deciding what they are going to offer by running surveys, which is kind of bullshit.

Plus, they are also saying that when the stuff from 3rd onslaught delivers, we just may be able to order stuff from them or from retail.

So I am just frickin confused as hell.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2019 11:46 by ubarose.

More
30 Apr 2019 11:43 #296289 by hotseatgames
That sucks. Wind Walker is my second favorite faction, after Black Goat, so hopefully you can get it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
30 Apr 2019 11:55 #296292 by charlest

More
30 Apr 2019 12:33 #296297 by ubarose
Pretty much everything on the CW website, including Wind Walkers, is out of stock. Even if it shows in stock on the page, when you put the item in the cart and then go to check out you get an out of stock error.

It's pretty fubar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
30 Apr 2019 13:13 #296308 by Jackwraith
That's been my complaint, too. I want Opener and Windwalker (and Tcho-Tcho, kinda) but I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I've been thinking about doing the minimal pledge on Sultan just to get access to the rest and I took the survey, trying to get them to reprint those other factions and High Priests, but I don't know if it's going to happen. Are they basically saying that there's not enough margin on those things to simply offer them retail and keep them in print or that they just don't have the production capability or...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
30 Apr 2019 13:23 - 30 Apr 2019 13:26 #296310 by ubarose
I watched part of Petersen's live cast last night, but it was really hard to follow. It sounded like the 3rd Onslaught hadn't shipped yet, but when it did some stuff would be available on the website or at retail outlets. However it was also unclear if pledge manager for Final Onslaught would come before or after 3rd onslaught items showed up in retail.

He did seem to be saying that CW and some of the expansions would continue to be produced and available on their site and at retail , but that this was going to be the final Kickstater because they weren't going to be producing any more new material.

Does anyone here know?
Last edit: 30 Apr 2019 13:26 by ubarose.

More
30 Apr 2019 14:45 #296318 by hotseatgames
I can tell you that Onslaught 3 was shipped to my friend, because we played it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds