October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2690 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
11 May 2018 16:11 #273159 by the_jake_1973

Colorcrayons wrote: Don't have a lot of time since getting back from Puerto Rico, so I park my butt for an hour or so for some Vidya games to decompress.

Now that Wip3out has VR capability, it gives a brilliant reason to get some PSVR gameplay in. It's a much better game now in VR. I'd still rather play Redout though. Better soundtrack and gives a purer racing experience.
Racing in VR doesn't cause nausea as I would have expected. Probably due to 100 yard focal point.

Color,
Do you play DriveClub VR?
I need to get wipeout.
I also need my wife to quit hogging the PS4 with her Dragon Quest Builders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2018 16:52 #273165 by Colorcrayons
Nah. I'm pretty casual with racers. I steer away from the realistic titles and prefer to play the weirder stuff like beach buggy or the ski-doo racers. I got a copy of grand tourismo with my VR stuff, and immediately sold it, still sealed.

More
11 May 2018 21:15 - 11 May 2018 21:18 #273177 by Sevej
Just to warn you guys who just got Far Cry 4, it does get repetitive! Some tips:

1. Unless you *really* love open world games, forget about the collectibles. Just get the money from whatever chest you come across. You'll have plenty for your needs from that. I collect all the chests at the first and I have to spend money on every weapons, upgrades and weapons paint just to keep my wallet from being full. You'll stuck with 2 million wallet for a looong time.
2. Hunt to increase your inventories. This should be a priority when you have visible animal spot on your map and if you need it.
3. Get the skill harvest 2 herb from 1 plant first. That's one health syringe from each green plant on the map.
4. Forget about using your bow to take down a Rhino. Blast the damn thing.

If you do want to get the collectibles:
1. The Mohan Ghale Journals are worth it if you want to know more of the back story, and there are only 20 of them. Buy the map for this if you want it.
2. The others (mask, letter, propaganda & wheel) are not important. However, each of them usually lies with some chest. So it's also a good way to get more money, if you don't want to *all* the chest. Buy the maps for these if you want them.
3. The chests... are not important, but some chests are hidden in hard to reach place. For some people this might worth the journey. But having uncollected chest may drive some people crazy. Therefore I'm not recommending buying the loot map for most people. They also don't count toward completion.

PS. Buy the map by region at a time!
Last edit: 11 May 2018 21:18 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete, hotseatgames

More
11 May 2018 21:30 #273178 by stoic
While at the Avengers movie tonight a friend told me that they're releasing a Conan video game next week. Anyone know anything about it?

More
12 May 2018 00:57 #273181 by hotseatgames
Conan Exiles just came out. I think it’s an mmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
12 May 2018 05:00 #273182 by ThirstyMan
Paths of Exile is a Diablo like PC/XBox game devs are New Zealanders. Also it is FREE !!

It's as good if not better than Diablo. Great lore, yes for repeatability. A skill tree with 1400 nodes so plenty of unique builds.

Play online and trade with everyone else (like Diablo).

Every month the devs add stuff (content) to the game which you can play FOR FREE. This month everyone can go back in time and explore ancient Aztec bullshit. Last month some guy pops up allowing you to collect creatures and put them in your own menagerie for later crafting so chuck a net at them instead of blasting them to bits.

I have donated money to them because it has soaked up hours of play. Forget steam, go to their website and download it. It is really really good and all of it is FREE. Cosmetic shit is real money and extra inventory is real money but it is possible to cope without that. So it's FREE. No subscription, ever.

Did I mention it is FREE ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
12 May 2018 21:40 #273205 by the_jake_1973
I've been spending time with Mad Max. I like it more than I thought I would.

More
12 May 2018 23:03 #273208 by Gary Sax
I downloaded it on PS+. I should give it a shot.

More
13 May 2018 19:43 #273239 by Erik Twice
Back at Racketboy, one of the videogames sites I frequent, it's First Person Dungeon Crawl month. One thing lead to the other and I've been playing two games:

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. It is rather incredible how clean and well-designed this game is. It's old, one of the oldest in the genre and probably the most defining, yet it's the most polished product. There's a clear progression, a clear sense of balance and playtesting that is lacking of most old games. In fac,t the game was playtested for almost a year. No game back then had that much playtesting, the whole development cycle wasn't even that long!

Anyways, here's what makes Wizardy interesting: Resources are scarce, yet you need to spend some of them to progress. Spend too many and you won't be able to continue for long. Spend too few and you take too much risk. When I play I keep thinking "Mmm, should I run? Or should I spend one of my spells? Can I justify spending a potion or gold?". This is based on D&D rules, if you only have 3 healing spells, that's it for today. You cannot "rest" to get more unless you return and if you've returned to the city, what progress have you made?

I also like the mapping, it's fun. I actually streamed this one. I was tired and my English was beyond terrible, though.

Pathos: Nethack. This is a Nethack variant for phones, with an actual user interface and some rebalacing. Potions don't boil if you get hit by fire, there's far less equipment destruction and you can check what everything does by pressing "help" when you interact with it. Hence, no need to read a wiki or try over and over until you understand what all enemies do.

And it's fun! Sure, like all roguelikes it has these ultimately uninteresting decisions but it does build to something interesting. I'm kind of hooked to it and it works fantastically well in a mobile environment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD

More
13 May 2018 20:51 #273240 by SuperflyPete
Got to a point in Far Cry 3 and a half naked tribal chick was topless and riding my character.

Why the hell did they need to incident that???

SMFH

More
18 May 2018 22:02 #273652 by Cranberries

Black Barney wrote: Speaking of which I just saw that C&C:Ancients is being developped digitally! Oh boy oh boy

The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
18 May 2018 22:51 #273654 by the_jake_1973

cranberries wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Speaking of which I just saw that C&C:Ancients is being developped digitally! Oh boy oh boy

That has been happening for a while, hasn't it?

More
19 May 2018 10:00 #273667 by Black Barney
How do you think they’ll do the art? As blocks or will they actually make them brigades of elephants and such?

More
19 May 2018 15:44 #273685 by Cranberries

Black Barney wrote: How do you think they’ll do the art? As blocks or will they actually make them brigades of elephants and such?

Here is the art for the Hexwar version:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
19 May 2018 17:10 #273690 by hotseatgames
The WAR mode for PUBG going on this weekend is fantastic fun. Everyone drops in a super small area with level 3 armor and a crate weapon. You can respawn every 40 seconds if you die. It changes from a plodding loot game to area control team deathmatch, and it's super cool.

Now, there will be spawns in which you die before your feet touch the ground, and that can be frustrating, but that's how it goes.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.604 seconds