October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
28 Oct 2018 09:58 #284865 by Black Barney

boothwah wrote:

Colorcrayons wrote:

BaronDonut wrote:

ChristopherMD wrote: Started playing Red Dead 2 last night. Gonna play more of it today and then more tomorrow and so on.

I, too, am playing the cowboy game. So far, really enjoying my time with it. I like the horseys.

I'm still playing the first one on PS3.

For fans, is there a major reason to drop the old and grab the new?

So that you can tell us awesome horse stories. The best part of Red Dead for me was Barney's travelogues.

You remember that story?! I love you. Here it is again, from what I remember...

I had a disaster in RDR1 one night. I got super attached to my horse, I had a rare breed which looked WAY better than the other horses. Caught it wild, tamed it, rode it to Mexico and back. We did everything in the game together. Loved this horse (in the game). One time, i'm trying to collect rabbit pelts and this rabbit is scurrying back and forth on the path, I pull out my shotgun and start to follow it on horseback. I'm trying to track him but he keeps darting back and forth, i finally line him up where I should be able to OHK at this range and as I'm about the pull the trigger he quickly darts left under my horse's head, i snap adjust my aim and fire.

I took off the head of my favourite horse in the process, and we both slowly slump to the ground. Devastating loss. Devastating. I'm wiping back the tears as I slowly skin the hide (might as well not waste it) and vowed to not get attached to my digital horses ever again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah, Frohike, BaronDonut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 18:03 #284916 by BillyBobThwarton
I've been getting that itch to dive into a new RPG-ish experience. With this weeks steam sale, I'm wondering about getting Hero U. Has anyone tried that one out? I really enjoyed myself some Quest for Glory back in the day and the nostalgia is calling for me but I'm worried I'm going to find it frustrating compared to the more frantic pace of today's games.

More
29 Oct 2018 18:16 #284917 by Erik Twice
Everyone raves about Heroine Quest. I haven't played it or Quest of Glory, but if you like it, chances are you should check it out Billy.

More
29 Oct 2018 18:19 #284918 by Gary Sax
Probably going to buy Obra Dinn to play with my wife this weekend... someone described it as detective Sudoku. Anyone been playing it?

More
29 Oct 2018 18:30 #284920 by Ah_Pook
I bought that release of Castlevania Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night and have been playing through Rondo first. It's quite hard, no surprise there. But I do love the old style Castlevania games. Then I'll five into SOTN, which I haven't played in quite a long time and which I'm greatly looking forward to.

More
29 Oct 2018 19:25 #284922 by boothwah
So the wife says she wants to play some games with me - So I checked my Xbone library and put together a couch co-op list and added it to the home screen.

Her video gaming resume :

She had to share the families Nintendo with 3 brothers
The last game I remember seeing her beat was a Tomb Raider title on the PS2.
She did play lot of Gamecube games and Wii Games with the girls - mostly racing, but she did like Mario Party and Brawl - also she bought 3 extra remotes solely for the purpose of playing Tetris on the Wii against anyone and everyone that would sit down and play against her.
My father's day present one year was playing some networked Halo games with my girls and her - We made a new game mode that was 3 v 1 - Protect Mom - lots of shooting at the sky and her feet - eventually it came to be a house rule that you can't shoot at mom on any game until she has seen you and demonstrated that she has seen you by attempting to fire her weapon somewhere in your direction

So far what I've put in the couch co-op bin :

Assault Android Cactus (twin stick shooter)
Death Squared
Overcooked
Divinity OS (I am pulling for this one, but it is a way dark horse)
Victor Vran
Diablo 3
Lego Games for days (basically all the licensed stuff and none of the dumb legoverse or ninjago crap)
Borderlands - Handsome Jack collection - plus Borderlands 1
Runbow
Speed Racers
Lovers in a Dangerous Space time
Xcom - Enemy Unknown

Any decent couch co-ops for xbone that you've enjoyed?

More
29 Oct 2018 19:37 #284923 by hotseatgames
I just played Overcooked and Death Squared with my girlfriend over the weekend. She enjoyed Death Squared more, since it was cooperative puzzle solving on our own terms. Overcooked is timed and really applies the pressure. It is, in my opinion, the better game. But it is stressful.

More
29 Oct 2018 20:26 #284925 by the_jake_1973
My wife and I really enjoyed Overcooked and LinDST.

More
30 Oct 2018 09:07 #284932 by Black Barney
I just got Overcooked as well but haven’t played it. Would it be good to play with Emily, she’s 7

More
30 Oct 2018 09:15 #284933 by hotseatgames
Sure, if you want to yell at her constantly to serve the fucking soup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney, Colorcrayons, the_jake_1973

More
30 Oct 2018 10:01 #284937 by Colorcrayons

hotseatgames wrote: Sure, if you want to yell at her constantly to serve the fucking soup.

I like overcooked. It's novel and stressful, yet I use it as a cooperation teaching tool with the kids and a relationship building tool with my GF.

Teach how to communicate better under duress, especially for me.

More
30 Oct 2018 10:43 - 30 Oct 2018 10:44 #284940 by Jexik

Frohike wrote: Still playing Overwatch. Mostly working on tanking now, since no one seems to want to do it.

I've picked Dragon Quest IX back up after starting a DQ XI game on the PS4. Still a sucker for JRPGs for some reason.

I showed back up to try to get some Halloween skins, of which I've been unsuccessful so far.

The addition of Moira and Brigitte made it easier to find healers, but yeah, Wrecking Ball hardly seems to get picked despite being new. I tend to play Winston or D.Va when there is 0-1 tanks. I still like to play Mercy too, but after solo-healing a group with 4 DPS and winning pretty handily, I had to sit out for a bit- so stressful. I like Brigitte and Pharah quite a bit- she's my go-to for dps class.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 10:44 by Jexik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
30 Oct 2018 12:59 - 30 Oct 2018 13:07 #284945 by lj1983

boothwah wrote: Xcom - Enemy Unknown

Any decent couch co-ops for xbone that you've enjoyed?

I didn't know XCom had a co-op mode. i'll have to look into it.

Rayman Legends (and origins) is fantastic co-op
Castle Crashers, more beat-em up. but fun. and doesn't have the mucking with menus thing that Diablo 3 does, that just slows the co-op down to a crawl.

Gears 1,2,3,4 are available and good co-op.
Halo MCC
Portal 2

Kalimba has been on games with gold several times (in Japan I think) and is a great co-op puzzle/platformer. my oldest boy and I played this a ton

the Lara Croft games are decent twin stick shooters with some light puzzle elements.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 13:07 by lj1983.

More
30 Oct 2018 13:09 #284946 by Hex Sinister

boothwah wrote: Any decent couch co-ops for xbone that you've enjoyed?

Slim pickins, man.

Halo Master Chief Collection because it's easy/accessible. Also quite boring, mostly. But one can't be too picky when it comes to couch co-op.
Gears 4, etc.
L4D2 which has been "enhanced" but I can't tell any difference.

Divinity OS is on the rainy day list. Has great potential for failure.

More
30 Oct 2018 13:13 #284947 by Hex Sinister
Oh, Lego Star Wars but haven't tried it yet. I've only played one Lego game and I hated it. Indiana Jones I think.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.880 seconds