October 09, 2023
2493 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2695 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 Oct 2018 17:56 #284967 by hotseatgames
Played some Lethal League on the PC with my son. It's set up like a fighting game, but you hit a ball at the other player(s). Each time the ball is hit, it goes faster, until it's wildly careening around the screen. You get hit, you die, unless you were the last one to hit the ball.

It's decent, but I can't deal with my son's reflexes, so fuck that game unless I get some older friends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2018 20:39 #284970 by Disgustipater
I'll play you online if you are interested.

The followup version (Blaze) gives you health bar where you can take multiple hits, but once it gets going fast enough, it's still a 1 hit kill.

More
31 Oct 2018 19:55 #285036 by hotseatgames
Undertale 2 is out as a free download. www.deltarune.com

More
02 Nov 2018 21:44 #285176 by Colorcrayons
Well, it's an old meme, yet works well for this topic.

More
03 Nov 2018 00:18 - 03 Nov 2018 00:21 #285181 by Gary Sax
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Any of you who do not currently own Return of the Obra Dinn need to buy it for PC (20 bucks). I bought it and played it with my wife for like 3 hours this evening (and made very little progress, only 6 locked in IDs). It's like basically an electronic version of the best Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective module you've ever played but way better. I wish I could tell you about the themes in it but I literally cannot spoil anything about it---sufficed to say it is a wonderful realization of a theme that is very popular on these boards. Lots of surprises. It is so good. The visual style is amazing and so is the sound design---the conceit is perfect too.

It starts a little slow and the clues can occasionally be a bit of reach as they can be in Consulting Detective but god DAMN is this is a good game.

Someone buy this thing so I can talk about it using spoiler tags in a thread or something.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2018 00:21 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, hotseatgames

More
03 Nov 2018 12:00 #285187 by Chaz
Obra Dinn is definitely on my list to get soon. It mostly depends on whether I can get my wife interested in co-oping it with me. If I can, I get it sooner. If she's not into it, it'll have to wait until I clear my gaming plate a bit. We're still a month into having a newborn again, so she's in sleep deprived zombie mode. She might be more into something like the Lego games at the moment.

More
03 Nov 2018 13:20 - 03 Nov 2018 15:09 #285196 by boothwah
I am playing Xcom enemy unknown. Wish I would have stumbled across xcom sooner. Good stuff.

You know, if they got the license and reskinned these games as G I Joe vs Cobra....They wouldn't even really need to update the engine much, chrome out the graphics a bit - leveling up a squad of Joe's, responding to Cobra strikes.....sounds like nostalgia which smells like money to me.

/edit slushies
//names my first Canadian squaddie after Barney
///codename : Butt Stallion
Last edit: 03 Nov 2018 15:09 by boothwah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
04 Nov 2018 12:32 #285240 by Hex Sinister

boothwah wrote: //names my first Canadian squaddie after Barney

Love this idea. Let us know when he gets killed.

He's only allowed a pistol for self defense btw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
04 Nov 2018 13:18 #285244 by hotseatgames
Started playing Destiny 2 on PC since it's free until the 18th. I like the shooting. I hate all the stuff that isn't the shooting. They seem to revel in putting as many roadblocks in front of you as possible. It's the anti-Borderlands, and that's not a compliment.

More
04 Nov 2018 13:21 #285245 by Vysetron

hotseatgames wrote: Played some Lethal League on the PC with my son. It's set up like a fighting game, but you hit a ball at the other player(s). Each time the ball is hit, it goes faster, until it's wildly careening around the screen. You get hit, you die, unless you were the last one to hit the ball.

It's decent, but I can't deal with my son's reflexes, so fuck that game unless I get some older friends.

I fell in love with Lethal League a few years back and LL Blaze has been an absolute blast so far. Playing ranked feels weirdly pointless in a game like that, but with friends it's wicked fun. I was a Switch main in the original game but Dice has my heart in this one. He's so tricky.

More
04 Nov 2018 14:07 - 04 Nov 2018 14:54 #285250 by Black Barney
Boothby, this is the second website where somebody wants to name an Xcom squaddie after me. This guy, Kryder, named his sniper after me and dressed him in flamboyant pink and stuff. I ended up being a MVP while other squaddies (also named after forum regulars) perished. You should do the same.

Go go Butt Stallion

Started playing Overcooked with Emily . Very intense. You literally learn by fire. I ruined two pots and didn’t know how to replace them. I don’t really understand the icons under the receipes, im not sure what those black symbols mean but there’s clearly a time I gotta give up on a receipt and move to the next get a good tip.

It’s fun so far. Very intense. One time Emily brought a food order to the conveyer belt but didn’t bring the dirty dish back on her way back and i yelled at her, lol
Last edit: 04 Nov 2018 14:54 by Black Barney.

More
04 Nov 2018 19:34 #285260 by Gary Sax
More Obra Dinn. The plot is starting to be unraveled for us, which is cool, but we're reaching the point where you have to do some very brow furrowing work to figure out who is who. It's tough.

More
05 Nov 2018 08:54 #285275 by Matt Thrower
Played Subnautica for a few hours over the weekend. Really enjoyed the exploration and crafting elements at first but now I'm getting tired of spending ages scouring the sea floor for that one nugget of silver, or whatever ore, I need to build the latest gizmo.

Might just re-start in creative mode and dive, dive, dive to see what's down there.

More
05 Nov 2018 09:14 #285279 by Vysetron

Gary Sax wrote: More Obra Dinn. The plot is starting to be unraveled for us, which is cool, but we're reaching the point where you have to do some very brow furrowing work to figure out who is who. It's tough.

Bought Obra Dinn last night knowing I was only going to be able to play a little of it. That was a mistake; I'm already VERY hooked. I won't get into spoilers but there's been at least two HOLY SHIT moments in the first, like, 40 minutes. I can't wait to dig deeper.

More
05 Nov 2018 09:33 #285282 by hotseatgames
Destiny 2 started to click a bit with me. I'm level 6. The shooting is great. I wish the shooting in Borderlands was this good. But overall, Borderlands crushes this game into dust.

I think the little public events, or whatever they call them, are cool. You'll see a spot on the map and a countdown to when the event starts. People congregate, some enemies show up, you all kill them. It's neat, and a way to have multiplayer without having randos really cause you grief.

Graphics are good. Absolutely worth a download since it costs you nothing until the 18th.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds