October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
05 Dec 2018 16:35 #287541 by Black Barney
i just made it to chapter 2 where the game really opens up, and i'm so imtimindated by all the options, I can't bring myself back to play it. I've been back into Black Ops IV now that I've finally found a gun I love :)

I'm sure I'll get back to RDR2 but yeah, it's a big game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2018 17:37 #287547 by BaronDonut
I finished the RDR2 campaign over the weekend, and I'm pretty wowed by the whole thing. So much weirder than any triple A title has the right to be. Where are other folks? Once there's a critical mass I'd love to start a full-spoiler discussion thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
05 Dec 2018 20:09 #287556 by Sevej
So, Diablo 3.

Despite everyone advising me to increase the difficulty immediately, I decided to play on normal to get familiar to the game. Getting to know the waypoints, the random dungeons, trying stuff etc...

The game's like a fantasy class simulator. You pick a class, customize them a bit, and that on normal difficulty *anything* works kind of feels liberating. I make my dream Palad--err... Crusader. AoE normal attack, and then shield throwing. I see a bunch of enemies, I throw the shield at the ranged attackers and bashes the melee lot in 1 or 2 swings. The horde just evaporates on contact with me. That I OHKO almost everything makes it very smooth. I can throw my shield at 2 or 3 ranged attackers and forget about them since they'll all die (the shield bounces around seeking targets). It's super easy, no challenge, but I enjoy the dynamics. Of course it's a little bit boring and I have these deadly big attacks that are wasted on most stuff.

More
06 Dec 2018 12:20 #287607 by Hex Sinister
Started Battlefield 1 recently...

I haven't played a game like this since old school Counterstrike. There's a good reason for it. I get way too addicted to this stuff. I sat down at about 10 PM and just intended to play a couple rounds then go to bed. Suddenly, it's 2:30 AM and I can't even believe it. I had force myself to put down the stick and go to bed. I don't get the sense of time-loss when playing other games I enjoy. At least with Counterstrike, the server I played on would empty at a reasonable hour so I had no choice but to quit. That doesn't apply here. Also, it gives me a headache. For some reason I tense up my neck or shoulders when I'm playing. This is probably because I suck so bad. So on one hand, I really want to get into it more and on the other I just should stay away lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
06 Dec 2018 17:45 #287636 by SaMoKo

Black Barney wrote: i just made it to chapter 2 where the game really opens up, and i'm so imtimindated by all the options, I can't bring myself back to play it. I've been back into Black Ops IV now that I've finally found a gun I love :)

I'm sure I'll get back to RDR2 but yeah, it's a big game.

It’s huge, but really laid back. I’ve turned it into a hunting simulator, where I murder hundreds of animals for their pelts. I haven’t touched much else, except for robbing the occasional stagecoach and knifing some random people

More
06 Dec 2018 18:09 #287638 by Michael Barnes
I never understood how folks could snort condescendingly at all of those Cabela Animal Murderer 2015 Realtree Edition games but then do pretty much exactly the same thing in RDR or other open world games.

I guess those didn’t have SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT AMERICA. Or did they?

6 hours to SMASH. Simon Belmont vs. Isabelle, yeayah!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Dec 2018 18:27 - 06 Dec 2018 18:29 #287640 by Gary Sax
STELLARIS EXPANSION IS OUT WOOOOOO

Can't wait to spread my criminal space drug empire across the stars. Or have my genocidal tree people browse the wares in the galactic slave market. This game has gotten progressively darker if you're an evil empire. It's kind of great because I never play slave empires but it always gives me great galactic villians that are supported by play as well as rp.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2018 18:29 by Gary Sax.

More
06 Dec 2018 19:07 #287645 by Black Barney
Aren’t the Cabela games for sport? Whereas RDR2 is set in a time where you hunt for food, clothing and commerce. Your first hunting quest is to get food for women and children who are freezing

There’s no Old Navy and McDonalds. Hunting was a part of life, like work
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
07 Dec 2018 13:03 #287688 by SaMoKo

Black Barney wrote: Aren’t the Cabela games for sport? Whereas RDR2 is set in a time where you hunt for food, clothing and commerce. Your first hunting quest is to get food for women and children who are freezing

There’s no Old Navy and McDonalds. Hunting was a part of life, like work

I’m swimming in food in RD2 right now. So nah, I murder dozens of animals just to find the ones in a flock that have perfect hides. The rest I leave to rot in the countryside.

All so I can make a new vest and some nice campfire stump covers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Frohike

More
07 Dec 2018 13:50 #287692 by ChristopherMD
I've been spending most of my time in RDR2 (I call it Redworld in my head) just riding around and living off the land. Only recently started doing some of the quests. I use my repeater almost exclusively and have never lost my horse.

Also been enjoying Horizon Chase Turbo (PS4). Its a homage to old arcade racers like Outrun and its awesome. I suspect it'll be good split-screen too but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
08 Dec 2018 15:12 #287752 by SaMoKo

ChristopherMD wrote: I use my repeater almost exclusively and have never lost my horse.

How is this possible? I’ve given all my horses names predicting how they will die. CliffFall, GunFace, WolfChew and TrainHit, that sorta thing.

More
08 Dec 2018 15:24 #287753 by SaMoKo
Also, the dog barking noises in RDR2 are quite realistic. This game sets my dog into a barking frenzy whenever I enter a town.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
08 Dec 2018 18:07 #287763 by ChristopherMD

SaMoKo wrote:

ChristopherMD wrote: I use my repeater almost exclusively and have never lost my horse.

How is this possible? I’ve given all my horses names predicting how they will die. CliffFall, GunFace, WolfChew and TrainHit, that sorta thing.

My horses name is Comet. I've had a couple of crashes but he was just badly hurt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SaMoKo

More
08 Dec 2018 18:14 #287764 by Black Barney
I called my horse GunFace too and I’m starting to think it’s a curse
The following user(s) said Thank You: SaMoKo

More
08 Dec 2018 18:21 #287765 by Da Bid Dabid
My horses have also never died. Spoon (sweet tamed blued horse) and Peanut Butter (All black horse I stole off some dude).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.575 seconds