October 09, 2023
2511 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2708 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

What Would You Do? - Misdelivered Package

More
12 Dec 2018 13:05 #288008 by barrowdown
So I received a package from Target that is not mine. It is clearly addressed to me. The interior packing indicates it should have been delivered to another state (supposed to go to Kentucky, I live in Montana). I took it to my local Target's customer service, pointed out the packing slip's address, told them I did not order it, and left it with them. They apparently sealed it up, slapped a new address label, and mailed it right back to me. I had placed an order around the same time as the packing slip was generated, but I received that package.

Do I take it back to them again and hope they do not remail it me?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2018 13:09 #288009 by SuperflyPete
They get one free shot. You did what you were supposed to. Keep it and move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, lj1983, the_jake_1973

More
12 Dec 2018 13:42 #288015 by southernman
Factors that would influence my answer for you - is it something expensive that the recipient may not get, what are the laws (federal or in your state) for keeping something delivered to you that you know is not yours.

More
12 Dec 2018 13:53 #288016 by Sagrilarus

barrowdown wrote: So I received a package from Target that is not mine. It is clearly addressed to me. The interior packing indicates it should have been delivered to another state (supposed to go to Kentucky, I live in Montana). I took it to my local Target's customer service, pointed out the packing slip's address, told them I did not order it, and left it with them. They apparently sealed it up, slapped a new address label, and mailed it right back to me. I had placed an order around the same time as the packing slip was generated, but I received that package.

Do I take it back to them again and hope they do not remail it me?

Can you contact the actual purchaser? May not solve the problem, but could be a lot of fun. It would also let them know that they need to pursue the problem or get their card reimbursed.

More
12 Dec 2018 14:32 #288021 by ChristopherMD
Open it and find out what it is. Its addressed to you so this is okay to do, imo. I doubt anything from Target has sentimental value to the purchaser but if its something expensive then I'd try to return it again. If its not just do whatever with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Dec 2018 15:07 #288024 by Black Barney
I think at this point you open it and make a decision based on what it is. You already made a STRONG best first effort to send it back so you don't have to feel guilty.

One time I'm with my buddy Nick at an ATM and there's 40$ in the withdrawl slot. Clearly the person forgot his/her money and is having a bad day. I take the 2 twenties and start walking to the door to the bank and my buddy Nick is like, "wait, what are you doing?" And I tell him I'm going to give it to the bank since they'll probably be able to tell via transaction log or video camera who's money it is (maybe the person will come back for it). Nick says we're totally in the clear and can just take 20# each and that's it. I'm like "20$ doesn't change our lives at all, and maybe it's super important to this person. Plus if we give it back, we look like good guys to the bank and maybe there's upside there. Either way, it's the right thing to do" and he keeps insisting and I don't want to fight about it so we walk out with the 40$. LAME.

I'm glad you look to do the right thing. Keep it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Cranberries, lj1983

More
12 Dec 2018 15:38 #288029 by Michael Barnes
Dude, this is a Chance card in your favor!

You tried to do the right thing but the big corporation just shrugged at it. They will make whoever it is in Kentucky (could it be PETE?) whole and nobody gets hurt here.

Now watch it turn out to be a pack of tampons and a 12 pack of cokes or something.

More
12 Dec 2018 18:15 #288036 by Sagrilarus

Michael Barnes wrote: Dude, this is a Chance card in your favor!

You tried to do the right thing but the big corporation just shrugged at it. They will make whoever it is in Kentucky (could it be PETE?) whole and nobody gets hurt here.

Now watch it turn out to be a pack of tampons and a 12 pack of cokes or something.

At that point blame Secret Satan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
12 Dec 2018 18:53 #288038 by Black Barney
Anyone else enjoying the irony of Target missing the mark by an entire state?

At the very least they should change the name to General Vicinity
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, Cranberries, stoic

More
12 Dec 2018 19:06 #288039 by stoic
Morally: Contact Target by telephone, explain their mistake(s) and ask them to make arrangements to pickup at your convenience and at a convenient location acceptable to you at their expense for their mis-delivered item for return back to the actual purchaser. Thereafter, it's not your problem. It's "their" problem. You can choose to do more, if you can, depending upon the item(s) in the box and the intended recipients, if known or discoverable; e.g., Holiday toys for children who expect to open them on that special day; medicine or medical devices for the ill or handicapped, etc.

Legally: Unordered merchandise mailed to you is yours to keep. See 39 USC § 3009
www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/3009

More
12 Dec 2018 19:24 - 12 Dec 2018 19:26 #288041 by SuperflyPete
Barney’s post FTW: it may matter to them. Hell, it may be insulin.

Also, during the Crokonolegate thing I found two people online to verify what I suspected. It’s exhilerating.

Finally, it might be a gift someone purchased for you.

Michael Barnes wrote: Dude, this is a Chance card in your favor!

They will make whoever it is in Kentucky (could it be PETE?) whole and nobody gets hurt here.

There’s 7.4 million people in Kentucky. Odds are against, especially since I don’t shop at Target often, and only twice ever online.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2018 19:26 by SuperflyPete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
12 Dec 2018 20:47 #288045 by Michael Barnes
I was thinking it might be your tampons and dozen cokes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
12 Dec 2018 23:31 #288053 by ubarose
It's such a pain when big companies screw up. I'm gearing up for a third go-round with the gas company. They switched my meter over to someone else's account. I finally got it sorted out, and got my meter back on my account and my gas bill paid (and late charges reversed), but now they are sending me both my bill and this other dude's bill.

More
13 Dec 2018 08:21 #288060 by Gary Sax

stoic wrote: Legally: Unordered merchandise mailed to you is yours to keep. See 39 USC § 3009

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/3009

I kind of figured this but didn't know it. Thanks!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds