October 09, 2023
2446 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Nicoleblond

More
15 May 2015 07:13 #202486 by nicoleblond
Nicoleblond was created by nicoleblond
Nicoleblond. 43 years. I play miniature games for over 10 years. I live in France, near Paris. I'm in a game association, and I'm one of the main organizers of the convention JFJ (Journées Figurines et Jeux = Days Miniatures & Games). This is one of the largest miniatures conventions from the Paris region, bringing together about 1000 people over 2 days during a weekend with tournaments, demonstrations, bringing together professionals and associations. The JFJ convention exists for 9 years. Every year we create a special figurine produced about 400 copies.

Together, I'm a very big fan of the game Alkemy, and I went from players to fans, then head to the galleon group that manages the rules, profiles during the time when Studio 38 was publisher of the game. Studio 38, with a store in Grenoble (City in France), they decided to stop the development of the game and asked me to take over the game. with 7 friends and fans of the game, we set up a company in December 2013 to continue the development of miniatures game Alkemy. That's why I come on this forum to communicate Alkemy :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2015 11:00 #202504 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic Nicoleblond
Hi Nicole, I'm Jay, 40 years old. I live in New York City and I enjoy poetry, long walks on the beach, drinking to excess, slut shaming, cocaine, practicing parkour, and of course miniature games! You seem really cool. Maybe we could hang out some time and talk about studio 38 miniatures or whatever else comes up... Hope to hear from you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister, Black Barney, stormseeker75, ThirstyMan, Frohike

More
15 May 2015 13:14 #202517 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Nicoleblond
I am a 50 yr old drunken man. I'm into masturbating cats and picking fluff out of my belly button.

I'm pretty sure that we have a lot in common. Get in touch soon!!

More
15 May 2015 14:56 #202521 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Nicoleblond
Hi Jay718, PM me! I think we have enough in common to warrant giving this a try.

Just bring an open mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
15 May 2015 15:29 #202522 by jay718
Hi Nicole! Jay again. I see that you've caught the eye of Thirstyman. Don't be fooled by his charm! I've met him before, and believe me, he's gross. Along with the belly button fluff, there's always food on his shirt, and he even pronounces the word puma 'pyoo-ma.' What a ding-a-ling, right? Anyway, you sound great and I really think we should get together. I don't know if Alkemy is like chemistry, but I'm sensing a bit of the latter if you get my drift...

Xoxo,

Jay
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirstyMan

More
15 May 2015 15:36 #202523 by ThirstyMan
Hi Nicole, ThirstyMan here. That Jay is a twat. As we all know, he just intimidates people and makes them wee themselves.

You don't want that to happen to you so I'd recommend a wide berth.

Anyway, what kind of cats do you like? I'm experienced with many breeds and I'm sure that we can find common ground.

PS If a man/alien called Barney tries to contact you, just punch him really hard in the throat, that usually does the trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 May 2015 16:50 #202525 by Black Barney
You guys are going to sound like bachelor of the year once Pete comes in here and asks nicoleblond if the carpet matches the drapes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Frohike, mikecl, wadenels

More
15 May 2015 17:02 - 15 May 2015 17:03 #202526 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Nicoleblond
Just FYI guys, this is nicoleblond...

alkemy-the-game.com/nicoleblond/
Last edit: 15 May 2015 17:03 by ChristopherMD.

More
15 May 2015 17:21 #202528 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Nicoleblond
They are fully aware, Mad Dog, fully aware.

More
15 May 2015 17:35 #202529 by jay718
Well Nicole, that's Thirstyman for you; always coming up with new ways to explain away his incontinence.

More
15 May 2015 17:39 #202531 by jay718

Mad Dog wrote: Just FYI guys, this is nicoleblond...

alkemy-the-game.com/nicoleblond/

I'm not following.

More
15 May 2015 23:36 #202546 by ThirstyMan
me neither. Your point is??

More
16 May 2015 21:55 #202568 by Black Barney
I don't like what Mad Dog is implying. Someone get Loter in here for a good old fashioned ham-fisted dickpunch
The following user(s) said Thank You: wadenels

More
18 May 2015 13:16 #202616 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic Nicoleblond
Or dick-fisted hampunch. Whatever works.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds