October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

IMPORTANT SITE NOTICE - The END TIMES are here!

More
02 May 2018 14:37 #272520 by boothwah
y'know that cartoon comment....

There's a discussion going on over at the main Overwatch Reddit - basically a handful of commentors and posters and content providers appealing to the mods to either sticky or curate worthy game discussion threads or push the glut of highlight play / meme videos to another place - or at least put the links to the main strategy subreddits in a visible/prominent place.

The argument for : There is a ton of good content created on the reddit on game changes, strategy, guides, nerdy number crunching testing and stuff like that. A new player will never see any of that info, because on any given day 100's of mediocre 11 second highlight video or low effort meme's fill up the first couple of pages of new submissions burying any decent conversation or analysis that springs up. It;s embarrassing that the main reddit for a game with this big of following is basically r/overwatchmemes and r/overwatchpotg combined.

The argument against : Hey everybody upvotes that crap, so people are getting what they want.

I would be in camp one, and I think most of the peeps here would be in that category, but I wouldn't turn my nose up if an aspiring cartoonist or artist hit you up. FFS it's let the Penny Arcade guys write tons of stuff. Some of you guys are funny. I bet some of you could write for an artist. Maybe the internet needs a repository for occasionally funny board game memes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2018 16:01 #272526 by southernman

ThirstyMan wrote: .... My gaming is exclusively solo because

1) I don't really relate to humans
2) No fucker lives anywhere near
3) Might be a Cylon, still self testing (this may be called masturbating, in other cultures)

Is 2 because of 1 ?

ThirstyMan wrote: ....
Also fell over drunk as a skunk this evening. Some random arabic guys picked me up and took me home ...

Is THAT a safe thing to let happen over there when you are drunk ??? :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
02 May 2018 16:49 - 02 May 2018 16:51 #272532 by ThirstyMan
You seem to think I had a choice
Last edit: 02 May 2018 16:51 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
02 May 2018 16:50 #272533 by Black Barney
hey, 400 years. You had a choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, ThirstyMan, charlest

More
02 May 2018 16:56 #272535 by Michael Barnes
Wait...Aaron Tubb? Aaron Tubb posted? If Tom Hancock posts...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aarontu

More
02 May 2018 16:58 #272536 by Black Barney
gah! I've lost my instant-publish rights. Tried to get a DEATH OF STALIN review up and now it's awaiting moderation. I miss my previous Fortress powers :(

More
02 May 2018 18:16 #272540 by ubarose

Black Barney wrote: gah! I've lost my instant-publish rights. Tried to get a DEATH OF STALIN review up and now it's awaiting moderation. I miss my previous Fortress powers :(

That was unintentional. I'll get it sorted out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
02 May 2018 23:53 #272556 by themothman421
I rarely post here but just wanted to echo the guttural chants of "FUCK YEAH WE'RE WITH YOU."

This is one of the few sites I make a point to visit weekly, and I read and value the written content. Would happily donate to a Patreon. I don't have much in the way of writing chops but in the off-chance you find yourself with a web-dev/software/database-related task, let me know. For my job I am coding all day on web apps but I'd actually be vested/interested in helping out on a project here too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, boothwah

More
03 May 2018 03:07 #272557 by southernman

Michael Barnes wrote: Wait...Aaron Tubb? Aaron Tubb posted? If Tom Hancock posts...

... tha'lll be three out of the four Horseman appearing .... time is nearly upon us.

More
03 May 2018 09:00 #272562 by Shellhead

Southernman wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: Wait...Aaron Tubb? Aaron Tubb posted? If Tom Hancock posts...

... tha'lll be three out of the four Horseman appearing .... time is nearly upon us.

I assume Skeletor is the fourth horseman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3

More
03 May 2018 09:05 #272564 by ChristopherMD

Shellhead wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Skeletor quit the site whereas others just disappeared into legend.

More
03 May 2018 09:54 #272568 by southernman

Shellhead wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Since Mr Barnes was going waaaaay back to Tom Hancock I thought the fourth (after Ken and Aaron) could be ........ Robert Martin (not sure if he's pestilence or war).

More
03 May 2018 10:24 #272570 by SuperflyPete
I’d like to see the site updated with a slick GUI, if that’s something that’s eventually doable. One thing about the site which is problematic is the Byzantine layout where it’s hard to find what I’m looking for.

I think posts should have tags for when one wishes to search, for one. Might help SEO quite a bit.

More
03 May 2018 11:18 #272573 by SebastianBludd

Southernman wrote: Since Mr Barnes was going waaaaay back to Tom Hancock I thought the fourth (after Ken and Aaron) could be ........ Robert Martin (not sure if he's pestilence or war).

If we're talking legendary figures (infamous, in this case?) that go way back, then I thought the fourth might be mjl1783.

More
03 May 2018 12:22 #272584 by SuperflyPete
Oh, about FREECONFERENCECALL. I did a test run and it’s almost lagless. Not something I’d want to play a concert over but not horrible

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds