October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Netrunner cancelled!

More
11 Jun 2018 19:51 #275147 by Da Bid Dabid
Replied by Da Bid Dabid on topic Netrunner cancelled!

Erik Twice wrote:

MattDP wrote: Any that are particularly worthwhile in terms of making a general card pool?

It seems the big recommendation right now is Revised Core set plus Kitara Cycle plus the still unreleased expansion. The reason is that they form the "pillar" for the revised edition of the game just like the original core set and the few cycles were. Chances are the last expansion and cycle will have a small print.

Matt, I was also looking for the same type of card pool for casual play. Took all my cards out and looked them over and realized I had the entire 4th cycle sitting in shrink still in the box. Talk about toady. Anyway that made me want to just find some place to unload all of my stuff instead of creating a pool, but I thought long and hard about it and decided that I do think Netrunner is my favorite card game I've ever played and someday my daughter or son might have fun (even if just for a weekend or something) building some decks up. So what I need for my relatively large and old collection of the first 4 cycles is a jumping off point.

It seems the by far easiest way to do it is stick to just revised cores, as in at least two of them if others are gonna use your cards. In your specific case I'd see exactly what the revised core cards are and maybe pick up one of those and whatever old expansions you would need to cover those cards to "make" a second revised core set out of your old cards (all of the revised cards are from the first core and a few from the first two expansion cycles, I think some have new art but are the same cards gameplay wise). Since I cut my teeth with the original game and Kitara kinda is supposedly seen as the spiritual successor to those early cards I was personally curious and dove in and picked up all the Kitara cycle and a preorder for the unreleased one. That leaves me with a big hole of 3 cycles in the dead center of the game, but I'm cool with that and maybe who knows the value will bottom out and I'll be able to pick them up super cheap at some point... or Kitara will be sitting in the box in shrink wrap and I'll think better of it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2018 21:43 #275157 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Netrunner cancelled!
By coincidence, net neutrality was cancelled today in the U.S.

More
12 Jun 2018 05:14 #275175 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Netrunner cancelled!

Erik Twice wrote: It seems the big recommendation right now is Revised Core set plus Kitara Cycle plus the still unreleased expansion. The reason is that they form the "pillar" for the revised edition of the game just like the original core set and the few cycles were. Chances are the last expansion and cycle will have a small print.

If you already own the early expansions and are playing with the early core, though, the right recommendation is Opening Moves because it has Jackson Howard in it, which helps a lot. If I see a more general recommendation I'll post it here, I think people will be starting writing guides shortly.

So that's two people recommending a revised core plus Kitara, but that's like 8 packs which are a lot more than I'd been thinking about spending. I was thinking maybe one or two! Not sure I'm *that* into it.

Annoyingly, I had Opening Moves but I sold it.

More
12 Jun 2018 10:07 #275194 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Netrunner cancelled!

MattDP wrote:

Erik Twice wrote: It seems the big recommendation right now is Revised Core set plus Kitara Cycle plus the still unreleased expansion. The reason is that they form the "pillar" for the revised edition of the game just like the original core set and the few cycles were. Chances are the last expansion and cycle will have a small print.

If you already own the early expansions and are playing with the early core, though, the right recommendation is Opening Moves because it has Jackson Howard in it, which helps a lot. If I see a more general recommendation I'll post it here, I think people will be starting writing guides shortly.

So that's two people recommending a revised core plus Kitara, but that's like 8 packs which are a lot more than I'd been thinking about spending. I was thinking maybe one or two! Not sure I'm *that* into it.

I have a couple of core sets (plus a single data pack) that we have just not got around to getting into yet and at the moment it's a decision between that and AGoT LCG (that I also have a couple of core sets of), if it survives the current Math Trade there's a decent chance it will go instead of AGoT (purely on the background theme).

More
12 Jun 2018 17:09 #275248 by Da Bid Dabid
Replied by Da Bid Dabid on topic Netrunner cancelled!

MattDP wrote: So that's two people recommending a revised core plus Kitara, but that's like 8 packs which are a lot more than I'd been thinking about spending. I was thinking maybe one or two! Not sure I'm *that* into it.

I was actually recommending just picking up a revised core and making your existing set into a second revised core. That way you and whoever your opponent is can build from the exact pool of cards.

More
13 Jun 2018 13:16 #275296 by waddball
Replied by waddball on topic Netrunner cancelled!

Erik Twice wrote: Draft is also great, but harder to play.

What draft method do you use? The official one? Just curious.

My favorite way to play original NR was "sealed" (really, a starter + two(ish) boosters). Infinitely replayable. You miss out on intricate combos and really deep deckbuilding, but it's still the same (great) game at heart. It's a little fussy to implement in both original and Android: NR, but I think it's well worth trying. I built a simulator and came up with this method , though I'd love to hear about alternate formats and methods.

More
13 Jun 2018 15:54 #275311 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic Netrunner cancelled!
I've been checking and I'm pretty sure Reign & Reverie will be hard to find because demand is high and it seems to include many key cards like agendas and Runner identities so if you have to choose between several options, take that one.

More
17 Jun 2018 14:20 #275624 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Netrunner cancelled!
I just got a bunch of the stuff for Father’s Day. Nicely timed.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds