October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place for boardgame traitors.

XBox360 Gamer Tags

More
24 Jan 2014 14:18 #170603 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: XBox360 Gamer Tags
No more poker nights :(

It makes me so sad too. I totally assumed everything would transfer to Xbox One but it doesn't (which is a nice kind of freedom and turning a new leaf and all that).

It's so funny cuz when you sent that message to me last night, i had no idea that you were talking about my avatar. I'm in the middle of playing Assassin's Creed IV and getting really pissed off at this one mission and I get a message asking what's on my balls (or whatever the message was). So hilarious.

But yeah, we still have the 360 and I've hooked it up in the bedroom but it's for my wife for her movies and Mass Effect. I don't use it anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 15:48 #170606 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: XBox360 Gamer Tags

Black Barney wrote: I need to take off those beacons tho cuz I can't even play Magic on the One. They took away all my XboxLiveArcade games (I assumed they would transfer).

This is the biggest reason I refuse to buy an Xbox One. There is no way I am re-buying Radiant Silvergun, Golden Axe, After Burner, Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes etc... Those were just classic games I wanted copies of. I can accept that the top shelf titles actually produced for Xbox and the new generation don't carry over but the Xbox live arcade? Certainly that must have been possible for 500 fucking bucks.

It's what pushed me into Wii U actually (well, and Bayonetta 2). If I ever do buy into next gen it will certainly be PS4 and not Xbox One and this is pretty much the main reason.

More
24 Jan 2014 16:04 #170607 by Black Barney
PS4 didn't do the exact same thing? You can import all your Wii games to Wii U for free? I didn't know that.

It's not like Xbox One makes you rebuy the games tho, they're just simply not available. If it made you rebuy the games, that would be awful.

More
24 Jan 2014 16:17 #170608 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: PS4 didn't do the exact same thing? You can import all your Wii games to Wii U for free? I didn't know that.

It's not like Xbox One makes you rebuy the games tho, they're just simply not available. If it made you rebuy the games, that would be awful.

I never owned a Wii so I'm not sure but the games are all backwards compatible which is cool. Since I never owned a Wii and I'm now able to play Mario Galaxy 2 and the like. It's nice getting caught up on a whole generation of Nintendo games for dirt cheap.

I'm not sure about PS4 either for that matter but I never owned a Sony system before (except the Vita) so it was a no brainer to try to a different system if I did end up buying into next gen. Either way when Xbox One said that my arcade games wouldn't transfer I was kind of pissed off and I already supported them for a whole generation... why not switch sides? Plus their indie development model looked really good and they never threatened to get rid of physical games. All pluses for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
24 Jan 2014 17:01 #170611 by Black Barney
Getting rid of physical games is going to be reality eventually. MSFT was too ahead of the curve on that one, is all. But that day is obviously coming. My buddy that bought his PS4 has only downloaded games so far, no physical. Sony smartly kept their mouths shut when they started offering downloadable games like everyone else. Can you even still get physical games for PC?

Anyway you're free to "switch sides" obviously, we'll probably play most of the same games anyway. It's just funny that you're saying the main reason you would go to PS4 is for something that Sony could just as easily be doing.

More
24 Jan 2014 17:21 #170612 by OldHippy

Black Barney wrote: Anyway you're free to "switch sides" obviously, we'll probably play most of the same games anyway. It's just funny that you're saying the main reason you would go to PS4 is for something that Sony could just as easily be doing.

You would think that Microsoft would realize that the swing effect you see in politics applies to support for consoles too. We are reactionary beings at heart and that will effect your purchases. If I'm going to support a bad guy I want it to be a different bad guy each time... or some kind of equally stupid thinking. Either way I couldn't be happier with my Wii U right now, so much fun.

I'm JonJacobR on the 360 which I still use and don't plan on getting rid of at all. Just to stay sort of on topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
24 Jan 2014 19:53 #170614 by QPCloudy
Replied by QPCloudy on topic Re: XBox360 Gamer Tags
Hey, Jon, I keep getting an error when I send you a request. Shoot me one QPCloudy ;)

More
24 Jan 2014 22:36 #170622 by SaMoKo
Replied by SaMoKo on topic Re: XBox360 Gamer Tags

Black Barney wrote: PS4 didn't do the exact same thing? You can import all your Wii games to Wii U for free? I didn't know that.

PS 4 is pretty much identical to the XBone stance, but Wii digital purchases transfer over to WiiU no problem. The only catch is you have to run it in Wii mode. There's even a transfer process when you first use the system to migrate Wii data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds