October 09, 2023
2557 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2756 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

If You Ran Fantasy Flight...

More
14 Jan 2009 18:58 #17046 by Michael Barnes
Hey Brad, you heard about the new JUDGE DREDD picture they're making? Apparently it's going to be the real deal this time...the DNA Films/28 DAYS LATER team is on it. Haven't heard if Danny Boyle is directing, but damn, that would be awesome. Supposedly it's based on the Judge Death story. FFG should take note.

The old JD game was great, and is pretty much the best comic book game ever made. It's a simple card game, but it captures the spirit of the books. And it's hilarious. Bust Judge Death for smoking. I can't see FFG doing it, particularly since MARVEL HEROES was a failed attempt to incorporate some of its ideas...and if they messed with the Brian Bolland artwork, I'd be pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2009 19:05 #17048 by BradHB

Hey Brad, you heard about the new JUDGE DREDD picture they're making? Apparently it's going to be the real deal this time...the DNA Films/28 DAYS LATER team is on it. Haven't heard if Danny Boyle is directing, but damn, that would be awesome. Supposedly it's based on the Judge Death story. FFG should take note.

I certainly have! I'm very much looking forward to it. More than I am to Watchmen, anyway...

How big is Judge Dredd in the States anyway? I'd say the character was a household name over here, but is it just known as a shitty Stallone movie over there?

I can't see FFG doing it, particularly since MARVEL HEROES was a failed attempt to incorporate some of its ideas...

I understand what you're saying, but I still think it'd be a really wasted oppotunity, as Marvel and 2000AD are thematically very different...but try telling that to the finance department, I guess.

More
14 Jan 2009 20:23 #17050 by Space Ghost

I would have liked to see more done with Doom. I think a great idea would be to release scenario books, for both Descent and Doom. Just like hundred odd page hardbacks stuffed with quests/mini-campaigns. The costs would be minimal and the interest high.

This is something I have been advocating for Descent, especially for RtL. Just release a 100 dugeon deck, 100 card encounter deck, and an accompanying quest book. That would sell like nobody's business.

More
14 Jan 2009 21:57 - 14 Jan 2009 21:58 #17056 by Lagduf
I thought Marvel Heroes was a Nexus developed game and not an FFG game just like WotR and Wings of War.

I really hope FFG does amazing things with Middle Earth Quest.

I'd love a Star Trek CDG as well, because you can't do Trek right without politics and diplomacy. Any Trek game where the Federation aggressively tries to expand it's empire through force annoyes me, unless its something like the Starfleet Universe from ADB.

I wonder if the FedCom campaign book will ever see the light of day.

I like Stallone's JD flick. :blush:
Last edit: 14 Jan 2009 21:58 by Lagduf.

More
14 Jan 2009 22:25 #17061 by metalface13

1. Which license would you seek for Fantasy Flight's next game design?

Fables the comic series

2. Which existing FFG game would you select to get another expansion?
Hmm I dunno, they almost all get plenty of love in the expansion dept. I'd say Marvel Heroes or War of the Ring, but technically those are Nexus games. Maybe Fury of Dracula? That's got no expansions.

3. Which existing FFG game would you re-work for an improved new edition?

Marvel Heroes if they could swing it, but again, that's a Nexus game. Maybe a new version of Warcraft (not World of ...). I hear the original is pretty crappy. Give it the Starcraft treatment.

4. Which game not yet available in the U.S. would you try to get distribution rights for?

Dorn maybe? Does that have distribution yet?

More
14 Jan 2009 22:30 #17062 by Michael Barnes
I'd really like to see FFG do a RESIDENT EVIL game. Something tactical with an RPG element...I'm just sayin'...

Anthrax probably did more to popularize JUDGE DREDD in the US than that awful Stallone picture (which I watched without sound when I was locked up for that altercation with The Barrister). At Gamefest, somebody looked at my copy of the GW game and said "Oh no! I didn't know they made a game based on that movie!" if that tells you anything about 2000 AD literacy in the US.

More
14 Jan 2009 22:48 #17066 by Mr Skeletor
2000 AD fucks batman with a chainsaw

More
14 Jan 2009 23:20 #17068 by Gary Sax
Trek CDG might be even better with the multiple factions and very different player powers, as long as you could think of a way to do both straight fighting *and* Federation style diplomatic efforts in the same game.

More
15 Jan 2009 00:05 #17071 by Lagduf
Gary Sax wrote:

Trek CDG might be even better with the multiple factions and very different player powers, as long as you could think of a way to do both straight fighting *and* Federation style diplomatic efforts in the same game.

I guess it depends on what era you want it to be set in?

I'd go for original trek, I think you could justify a little bit more fighting than if you did Next Generation.

Klingons, Romulans, and Federation would make for some fun times.

More
15 Jan 2009 03:08 #17079 by Lagduf
I was thinking earlier in the evening that FFG should release an expansion for Descent where you got to play as the badguys.

Imagine have a team of "villains" raiding a castle and fighting generic men-at-arms, crossbowmen, etc.

Sure it'd be a lot of plastic, but the "enemy" figures could be used in regular Descent. It's funny Road to Legend has clearly human Lts, but there are no human "monsters" at all in the game (wizards don't count). Where are the mercs armed with swords and axes, etc?

The overlord deck could even be really similar. I see no reason why a well guarded castle couldn't also have "traps."

Really though I'd love to see an expansion for Descent that was just scenarios. A big book of scenarios.

I'd buy a character only expansion or monster only expansion if it was in the Neighborhood of $20 or so.

More
15 Jan 2009 04:36 #17081 by BradHB

2000 AD fucks batman with a chainsaw

+1 Brad Harmer[color=] has now become friends with [/color]Mr Skeletor

More
15 Jan 2009 08:13 #17090 by Druen Kree

Hey Brad, you heard about the new JUDGE DREDD picture they're making? Apparently it's going to be the real deal this time...the DNA Films/28 DAYS LATER team is on it. Haven't heard if Danny Boyle is directing, but damn, that would be awesome.

I just had a small orgasm after reading that.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds