October 09, 2023
2705 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2868 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

F:ATties at BGGCon?

More
08 Nov 2012 01:42 #137409 by Stephen Avery
Alright who are the F:Atties that are going to BGGon? SusanR ? Chapel? I've not been before but it shouldn't be too hard to meet up..its only like 2000 people. Earlier in the week is probably better than later...in case I get thrown out.

Steve"Disruptive Influence"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 11:28 #137414 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Whoa...hang on...wait just a damn minute...

The KING OF TOKYO, the title bestowed upon you by you at Conn-con last year, does not get thrown out of anywhere. He may opt to leave aerially and in a horizontal position aided by security staff but that is his CHOICE!

Repo "Protocol is my business" Man

More
08 Nov 2012 13:48 #137416 by san il defanso
I feel like I threaten my friends in KC to go every year, but it's not happening this year. I'm holding out hope that I can make 2013 work though.

I'll have a lot of friends there though. I feel like the kid who has to stay in and practice violin while his friends go outside. Except instead of practicing violin, I'm practicing baby.

More
08 Nov 2012 15:35 #137421 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Of course you are going one the ONE year I can't make it. I've had perfect attendance since 2005, and NOW you come. ;)

More
09 Nov 2012 22:53 #137541 by Stephen Avery
Mannnnn! Really?!? theres not one F:ATtie going to BGGcon other than me and Zev? ARE YOU FIKKING KIDDING ME? Don't tell me you guys are too put off by the BGG hype to brave Eurogame central!

On a side note I'm going to finally get to meet Steve Weeks. He doesn't have a pass so I think the plan is to mug a bystander...

Steve"What could possibly go wrong?"Avery

More
10 Nov 2012 21:01 #137568 by ZMan
Replied by ZMan on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Isn't Frank coming? I think he's been there every year as well.

More
11 Nov 2012 16:47 #137580 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Nope. I only went to BGG last year. This year, I've burned through so much vacation (corporate wage slave) and money with the whole house thing that both of those are pretty scarce resources.

(Even last year worked out well. I was booked for a Redhat Training Class that week near DFW. So even the flight was free. )

More
11 Nov 2012 16:52 #137581 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Let's see: Octavian should be there.

BGGcon is strikingly Euro-y. I think I spent most of my time there with Morgan Dontanville (who might actually be on F:AT.)

There is a copy of Metro 2033 in the game library that you TOTALLY need to look at. But no Thunder Road.

More
11 Nov 2012 21:50 #137582 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
I bought tickets, owing to being reasonably close geographically, but the department ended up having important stuff going on so I couldn't go.

More
12 Nov 2012 16:11 #137613 by Chapel
Most of the Austin F:AT'ers that I know aren't going. Ed and Susan Roz, Joey Belanger, Steve Dunne, Myself, and I'm not sure Jeff White goes to BGG.CON

It'll be a strange year, as there are now over 2000 people going, and I just don't know many of them anymore. The first year we had about 300 people, and most were names I knew, but now it's a freee for all. That could be a good thing or a bad, depending on how social you are.

As for AT Frank is right, it's VERY euro-centric. BUT you can always get into a an AT like game. However most of those are planned ahead, it's harder to "pick up" a AT game there.

My AT tastes follow the more DoaM/Civish and those are usually not hard to find. Games like Civilization and TI:3...There is ALWAYS a TI:3 game going on somewhere at the con 24/7. But more oddballs like bloodbowl or thunder road would take a more concerted planned effort to make happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Nov 2012 16:46 #137616 by ZMan
Replied by ZMan on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?

moofrank wrote: Let's see: Octavian should be there.

BGGcon is strikingly Euro-y. I think I spent most of my time there with Morgan Dontanville (who might actually be on F:AT.)

There is a copy of Metro 2033 in the game library that you TOTALLY need to look at. But no Thunder Road.

That's right Morgan and Octavian should be there. Wow, I thought you were there every year but notw I remember how your work coincided last year.

Didn't you sit on that Metro 2033 game with me, Paul and Stefan? I thought we all hated it - packed it up after a few rounds - and that after spending lots of time going through the rules.

More
13 Nov 2012 05:45 #137641 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
I'll be there starting on Thursday. A few of the guys I'm going with can be talked into AT, while the others must be baited with empty promises of "we'll play Le Havre next week." This will be our first BGGCon, so not sure what to expect...

Steve, I'll TM you my cell as I will desperately be seeking AT affection I cannot receive at home.

More
14 Nov 2012 08:50 #137681 by Marcussen
Replied by Marcussen on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?

Chapel wrote: Most of the Austin F:AT'ers that I know aren't going. Ed and Susan Roz, Joey Belanger, Steve Dunne, Myself, and I'm not sure Jeff White goes to BGG.CON

It'll be a strange year, as there are now over 2000 people going, and I just don't know many of them anymore. The first year we had about 300 people, and most were names I knew, but now it's a freee for all. That could be a good thing or a bad, depending on how social you are.

As for AT Frank is right, it's VERY euro-centric. BUT you can always get into a an AT like game. However most of those are planned ahead, it's harder to "pick up" a AT game there.

My AT tastes follow the more DoaM/Civish and those are usually not hard to find. Games like Civilization and TI:3...There is ALWAYS a TI:3 game going on somewhere at the con 24/7. But more oddballs like bloodbowl or thunder road would take a more concerted planned effort to make happen.

Give Clash of Cultures a shot if you get the chance and have the time. You may like it :)

I look forward to hear how things go at BGG Con. I wish I could be there :)

More
14 Nov 2012 14:39 #137693 by Chapel

Marcussen wrote:
Give Clash of Cultures a shot if you get the chance and have the time. You may like it :)

I look forward to hear how things go at BGG Con. I wish I could be there :)

It's definitely been on my list for a while. I am not going to BGG.CON this year, and am anxiously awaiting my gaming buddies to retrun with a copy...

More
15 Nov 2012 01:47 #137742 by SusanR
Replied by SusanR on topic Re: F:ATties at BGGCon?
Well, we thought we'd be going and have two useless tickets that we thought we could sell if something came up. And something came up. Our son in college is ditching his classes on Monday and Tuesday to come home early for Thanksgiving. We are picking him up from the airport on Saturday, hopefully when all those rich F1 fans are at their silly car races and not clogging up the airport with their private jets.

So close to meeting the infamous Steve Avery......

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds