October 09, 2023
2607 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2807 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest South- Avery's houseparty

More
21 Sep 2009 10:33 #42120 by billyz
I'll start softening up the boss now-- she should be halfway agreeable by November.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2009 15:34 #42192 by Thaadd
No idea if I can go to something like that - too far in advance, and pretty freaking far geography.

That said, dry campus is teh suck.

I have tentative plans in March for whenever they declare Penny Arcade Boston to be - to meet up with some friends there (including the esteemed Joe Richter from the UK). Upside to Boston is I am almost positive I can scam a couch there, I have half a dozen friends in the area. Slim chance I might get to go for work, but even if I don't get tapped for that, I think I'm going anyway. The time I worked the Seattle one was one of the best conventions I've ever been to. The hosts were great, the crowds were great, the city was great.

Boston Buddy of mine who has had a righteously shitty year (he's on week 5 of hospital stay, second unrelated calamity this year) and he's enjoying looking forward to guests. Planning various things to do gives him something to do while he's healing up.

That said - I wish we lived in a bitty euro country so I wouldn't have to spend days/hundreds of dollars to visit the edge of the country :P

More
21 Sep 2009 18:41 #42235 by Stephen Avery
The other option of course is a clubhouse. Smaller, nicer, and we can drink to our hearts content, but not free unless Launius will let us use his. He's in an upscale neighborhood about 15 minutes from my house-The kind designed to keep riff raff like me out. :D

Steve"Weasle"Avery

More
21 Sep 2009 20:23 #42243 by Hatchling
Stephen Avery wrote:

I just pulled out Deathrace the other day. There are a new line of toys out there called Battlecars that looks even cooler than my beloved Racer knights. I just need to add some barbed wire and gun emplacements to the track to really add the finishing touches.

Steve"RoadWarrior"Avery

Awesome! That photo needs some musical accompaniement!

More
21 Sep 2009 21:53 #42252 by billyz
Hatchling wrote:

Stephen Avery wrote:

I just pulled out Deathrace the other day. There are a new line of toys out there called Battlecars that looks even cooler than my beloved Racer knights. I just need to add some barbed wire and gun emplacements to the track to really add the finishing touches.

Steve"RoadWarrior"Avery

Awesome!

Awww hell yeah!

"We are Motothead, and we play rock n' roll."

More
22 Sep 2009 16:54 #42319 by Stephen Avery
Wow. I invite the whole internet to come stay at my house and Billy and Pat are the only ones brave enough to make the trek? I mean cmon' all you have to do is spring for a pair of $59 AirTran tix. You wusses.

Steve"GonnapartylikeaRockStar"Avery

More
22 Sep 2009 17:08 #42320 by ubarose
Thaadd wrote:

I have tentative plans in March for whenever they declare Penny Arcade Boston to be -

I think it's March 26-28. Might go myself, but it's still too far away to be certain.

More
22 Sep 2009 17:46 #42323 by southernman
Stephen Avery wrote:

Wow. I invite the whole internet to come stay at my house and Billy and Pat are the only ones brave enough to make the trek? I mean cmon' all you have to do is spring for a pair of $59 AirTran tix. You wusses.

Fuck - is it that cheap ! Book me one of those tickets from Heathrow and I'll have a corner of the lounge.

More
22 Sep 2009 21:11 #42335 by Mr MOTO
Steve... I'm interested in your southern flavored trashfest. Let me know when you narrow your dates down and I'll see what I can do.

More
22 Sep 2009 21:15 #42336 by billyz
Stephen Avery wrote:

SAY WHAT?! Where the fuck can I buy some cheap (59?!$) from YUL to ATL ? That can't possibly be right...

I hope to fuck that it is though...

More
22 Sep 2009 21:23 #42339 by Not Sure
Stephen Avery wrote:

I'm interested, but it's a long haul from where I am. Southwest doesn't fly to ATL, and all the other cheapo airlines don't fly here. I'd have to fly to Las Vegas first, then fly to ATL. So that's $59 plus $65 plus taxes fees and layover drinks...

Still not impossible. Let me know when things firm up.

I mean, all I have to do is take 5 shits in your foyer and Barnes will have paid for the trip, right?

More
23 Sep 2009 07:34 #42385 by Stephen Avery
I routinely watch the cheap airlines and am on a bunch of the travel ad-mailing sites. Prices drop pretty cheap to major hubs when they put airfaire on sale. I'll post the next time I see some cheap Tix. When I flew to Balitmore for the trashfest I ended up paying $64 one way (after taxes and fees it was like $150) but the week after I purchased the tickes it went down to $39. That was the cheapest I've ever seen them though.

Steve"CheapassTraveller"Avery

Steve

More
23 Sep 2009 12:17 #42417 by Gary Sax
I'm still interested. I'd know better when I got closer since academics has such a... variable schedule in terms of work intensity. It'd be a big road trip but probably worth it.

More
23 Sep 2009 13:17 #42423 by lj1983
Not Sure wrote:

Stephen Avery wrote:

I'm interested, but it's a long haul from where I am. Southwest doesn't fly to ATL, and all the other cheapo airlines don't fly here. I'd have to fly to Las Vegas first, then fly to ATL. So that's $59 plus $65 plus taxes fees and layover drinks...

Still not impossible. Let me know when things firm up.

I mean, all I have to do is take 5 shits in your foyer and Barnes will have paid for the trip, right?

hrm...same situation. gotta look into it more.

More
23 Sep 2009 13:22 #42425 by Schweig!
Stephen Avery wrote:

I routinely watch the cheap airlines and am on a bunch of the travel ad-mailing sites. Prices drop pretty cheap to major hubs when they put airfaire on sale. I'll post the next time I see some cheap Tix. When I flew to Balitmore for the trashfest I ended up paying $64 one way (after taxes and fees it was like $150) but the week after I purchased the tickes it went down to $39. That was the cheapest I've ever seen them though.

Steve"CheapassTraveller"Avery

Steve

Yeah, my flight from Germany to London cost €25. But overseas flights are always expensive.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds