October 09, 2023
2630 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2821 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Selling Skyrim for Xbox 360 - $30

More
29 Feb 2012 21:50 #118019 by Da Bid Dabid
Done with Skyrim and can get at least $30 for it at local trade in. Would rather see it go to one of you guys if you want it.

Xbox 360 - Still have box and manual and map that came with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:06 #118023 by Black Barney
you 100%'d it or you're DONE with it (sick of it)?

More
29 Feb 2012 22:09 #118024 by Da Bid Dabid
Done as in, "Finished doing what I wanted to do and Mass Effect 3 comes out next week".

More
29 Feb 2012 22:51 #118032 by jeb
DAMMIT. Ok, send it to me. I will regret this deeply. TM for deets.

More
01 Mar 2012 00:08 #118035 by Sagrilarus
You know my buddy got this at the same time my kids got Skylanders, and I'll tell you what -- I don't see how you guys can stand to stare at the back of a guys head as he runs through the forest for hours. Tedious as hell. Even the encounters were chores. My buddy was having to attempt his attack over and over, moving up his save point for every inch of headway he made. It was just plain work.

Now Skylanders -- that's fun to watch. My boy was doing his exploring and a guy came from off-screen with a fish in each hand and started beating the hell out of him with them! It was funny as hell! So he beat this fish-guy back, who promptly ran off-screen and came back with one big-ass fish and started beating him with that ome instead! We were rolling on the floor watching it.

Skyrim just seems like McVidgame to me.

S.

More
01 Mar 2012 00:25 - 01 Mar 2012 00:26 #118037 by Black Barney
I really like Skyrim but I feel guilty saying it's GOTY over, say, Dead Space 2.

Don't play it in 3rd person no matter what you do. It's brutal in 3rd person. Play in 1st person.

Have fun with it. You can do pretty much anything.

Sag, your friend sounds like he's garbage at Skyrim. He must have made an idiot character or is playing on too high a difficulty. With the right build, you can handle most things. I still die once in a while but I'm not save-farming like some baby
Last edit: 01 Mar 2012 00:26 by Black Barney.

More
01 Mar 2012 03:13 #118051 by SaMoKo
If you don't feel like a viking god by the mid game of Skyrim, you've probably done something very wrong. Like making a sniper with a race that doesn't get a bonus to archery and leveling up with stealth or something dumb. If you just go with what the game seems to suggest, a Nord with an axe and shield, it should be a breeze.

More
01 Mar 2012 14:10 #118081 by SuperflyPete
If it's not Fallout 3, it's crap.

(said in Scottish accent)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
01 Mar 2012 19:33 #118117 by El Cuajinais

SaMoKo wrote: If you don't feel like a viking god by the mid game of Skyrim, you've probably done something very wrong. Like making a sniper with a race that doesn't get a bonus to archery and leveling up with stealth or something dumb.

You’ve just described my character exactly! Nord, no magic, high stealth, excellent archery, decent two handed weapons. Excellent Alchemy too. No artificial blacksmithing leveling for me. Game still felt balanced when I stopped playing around the 60 hr mark. This is a plus for me. I would hate to have my character feel like a god. I won’t trade-in the game since I expect to get at least another 30 hrs from it, but I’m waiting on horse armor to get back into it.

More
01 Mar 2012 20:03 #118123 by Fallen

Black Barney wrote: I really like Skyrim but I feel guilty saying it's GOTY over, say, Dead Space 2.

Don't play it in 3rd person no matter what you do. It's brutal in 3rd person. Play in 1st person.

Have fun with it. You can do pretty much anything.

Sag, your friend sounds like he's garbage at Skyrim. He must have made an idiot character or is playing on too high a difficulty. With the right build, you can handle most things. I still die once in a while but I'm not save-farming like some baby

Got Dead Space 2 almost two weeks ago on Goozex, I gotta say, it's one damn fine game. I'm a die hard fallout fan, and while this isn't Fallout by any means, it is scratching that particular itch for now.

More
01 Mar 2012 20:32 #118132 by Black Barney
getting through Dead Space 2 on Hardcore difficulty using only THREE saved games is my best 2011 gaming accomplishment. What a ton of work

More
01 Mar 2012 21:01 #118136 by SaMoKo

El Cuajinais wrote:

SaMoKo wrote: If you don't feel like a viking god by the mid game of Skyrim, you've probably done something very wrong. Like making a sniper with a race that doesn't get a bonus to archery and leveling up with stealth or something dumb.

You’ve just described my character exactly! Nord, no magic, high stealth, excellent archery, decent two handed weapons. Excellent Alchemy too. No artificial blacksmithing leveling for me. Game still felt balanced when I stopped playing around the 60 hr mark. This is a plus for me. I would hate to have my character feel like a god. I won’t trade-in the game since I expect to get at least another 30 hrs from it, but I’m waiting on horse armor to get back into it.

My first character was pretty much identical, except a Breton rather than a Nord :3

Made the early parts of the game a real bitch until my archery skill got up.

More
01 Mar 2012 21:12 #118140 by Black Barney
I'm a wood elf, and a stealth-based archer who recently got into smithing. I can't decide if I want to go Heavy Armor or Light Armor, what's the difference?

I regret going wood elf and should have gone Breton i think.

I've decided to take my smithing and enchanting more seriously (omg, alchemy and magic are so boring). I think I'm gonna smith me an Elven Bow, and some Scaled armor, boots, gauntlets and such. And then enchant it with stuff that boosts Smithing maybe. Although boosting Sneak would be fun (that Thalmor mission was a blast using sneak).

I need to decide between light and heavy armor and soon. it's so hard to choose.

More
01 Mar 2012 22:00 - 01 Mar 2012 22:04 #118149 by SuperflyPete
OK Barney, you've just crossed over into "It Is Pitch Dark" territory...

It got narrated at you in the second person.
Every time you booted up, it seemed you got another version
of your life told to you by a status line blinking,
the impossible people you could be without thinking
yourself insane of personality problems,
with a mop on a drop ship or trying to stab a goblin.
That don’t play in public life. You get arrested,
psychoactive medication daily in your big intestine
and attesting that the voices in your head
said the dwarf shot first, embedded arrow then you bled.
But doctors with needles posit repeatedly
that you knocked down that midget in the park unneededly.
This has seeded the idea that you should
never venture from the house, never get misunderstood
by the non-player characters inhabiting Earth,
none of whom are too concerned about Nord & Bert

Life lesson: If you see a midget in the park, Barney, it's not a goblin or dwarf.

ROFL
Last edit: 01 Mar 2012 22:04 by SuperflyPete. Reason: Missed the last line

More
01 Mar 2012 22:13 #118152 by SaMoKo

Black Barney wrote: I'm a wood elf, and a stealth-based archer who recently got into smithing. I can't decide if I want to go Heavy Armor or Light Armor, what's the difference?

I regret going wood elf and should have gone Breton i think.

I've decided to take my smithing and enchanting more seriously (omg, alchemy and magic are so boring). I think I'm gonna smith me an Elven Bow, and some Scaled armor, boots, gauntlets and such. And then enchant it with stuff that boosts Smithing maybe. Although boosting Sneak would be fun (that Thalmor mission was a blast using sneak).

I need to decide between light and heavy armor and soon. it's so hard to choose.

Seeing as you're going the route of enchanting up +smithing gear (the first step in power gaming Skyrim), I'm gonna assume you want answers from the perspective of building a strong character.

Wood elf is a good choice for an archer because of the initial bump in archery. Without that, you'll be playing catch-up to the scaling enemies for the first half of the game. Breton magic resistance is nice, but later on it doesn't mean much when you can enchant your own stuff to be a walking god of war. Beyond making the early-mid game easier, race is just cosmetic.

For armour, I'd strongly suggest light if you're going archery. Or for just about anyone, really. You move faster and have better stamina regeneration, which is useful for keeping mobile. It also makes sneaking a bit easier without having to dump a bunch of perks into making heavy armor weigh less. Those are extra perks you can dump into smithing, archery, enchanting, etc. Once your smithing is at a high level, the armor cap will be reached with either skill, so there isn't any extra protection for heavy at all.

Sneak is funny. You only really need one or two points in the initial skill perk that bumps up your sneak chance. With a high skill, you won't really need more than that because nothing will see you ever. I wouldn't bother with sneak boosting armour for the same reason.

Alchemy is also a great skill. It can do damn near anything from invisibility, healing, poisions and skill boosts. If you want to max out a character, +smithing and +enchanting potions are a must to become truly ridiculous and kill dragons in a few attacks.

Don't give up on magic either. Conjuration and illusion are fun as hell, but I find archery more fun than destruction.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds