October 09, 2023
2773 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2924 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Comedy movie recommendations for Halloween

More
19 Oct 2011 23:21 - 19 Oct 2011 23:21 #105943 by Merkles

Space Ghost wrote: and the excellent, excellent, recommendation by Matt of

HOUSE

I'll triple that recommendation (I think I've said this a few years ago on this site)...the one with the Greatest American Hero guy and Norm from Cheers....oh yes.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2011 23:21 by Merkles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower, quozl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2011 00:44 #105954 by Black Barney
i don,t get it, am I supposed to recommend halloween-inspired comedies?

if not then Wedding Crashers and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are probably the two funniest movies I've seen in recent years. I was sad that Superbad was pretty uninteresting upon rewatching, but it was SOOO good the first time.

More
20 Oct 2011 02:03 #105960 by Ken B.

Black Barney wrote: i don,t get it, am I supposed to recommend halloween-inspired comedies?

if not then Wedding Crashers and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are probably the two funniest movies I've seen in recent years. I was sad that Superbad was pretty uninteresting upon rewatching, but it was SOOO good the first time.

RESPONSE FAIL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
20 Oct 2011 03:54 #105962 by moofrank
Evil dead 2. Always 2 and the best of the series.
Operation Pink Squad 2. The best WTF Hong Kong movie ever made.
A triple feature of both Dr Phibes Movies and Theater of Blood.

The Raven. I prefer this over the more popular Comedy of Terrors. Both are great comedies with Peter Lorre, Vincent Price, and Boris Karloff

The Spirit is Willing. This is an obscure early William Castle made with a ton of Tv actors. It is a silly 60s bedroom farce with ghosts.

In case you notice I am kind of hung up on 60's and 70's for my comic tastes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quozl

More
20 Oct 2011 07:36 #105965 by tscook

More
20 Oct 2011 14:10 #105989 by Egg Shen
Monster Squad - I love this movie. When I was a child I probably watched it over 100 times. It still holds up today. Sure it is more of a kid's movie, but it never feels like its pandering to that audience. Just seeing all the classic movie monsters onscreen together is a treat. Not to mention that the Stan Winston makeup and rubber suits still look amazing. People of all ages should be able to enjoy this one.

Fright Night - Another movie from the 80s that blends horror and comedy together. They just remade this one, but I didn't get around to seeing it. This was a fun vampire movie that paid homage to the classics.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - Oh boy. Between this movie and Stephen King's IT I never wanted to see clowns for the rest of my life. This film is an absolute riot from start to finish. Its so imaginative and the special effects were really well done. That don't make em like this anymore.

Critters 1 & 2 - Well I guess I'm staying in the 80s, but these two Gremlins ripoffs are totally worth your time. These movies successfully blend comedy and terror in the form of a creature feature. I love the Krites...those little bastards are so enjoyable to watch. They devour everything in sight and you never know what they will do next. Toss in some intergalactic bounty hunters that cause almost as much destruction as the Krites and you're ready for some fun. You can't go wrong with either of these two movies.

More
20 Oct 2011 18:33 #106025 by Dair

Egg Shen wrote: Monster Squad

Wolfman has gnards?!

More
20 Oct 2011 18:50 - 20 Oct 2011 18:52 #106029 by Citadel
Young Frankenstein

Ghostbusters, Shaun of the Dead, Beetlejuice, Braindead/Dead Alive would be my favourites from the films already mentioned.

I've heard Cannibal: the Musical by the South Park guys is good. Has anyone seen it?
Last edit: 20 Oct 2011 18:52 by Citadel.

More
20 Oct 2011 19:41 #106040 by Million Dollar Mimring
Three pages in and no reference to An American Werewolf in London? What is wrong with you people? That movie is hilarious.

Shane Black (Lethal Weapon) co-wrote Monster Squad. I watched in a few times growing up, and then re-watched it a few years ago. It still held up.

Regardless, I'll just parrot what the others have said:

Dead Alive
Evil Dead 2
Fido
Ghostbusters
Gremlins (Although more Christmas than Halloween)
Return of the Living Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Tremors
Young Frankenstein

More
20 Oct 2011 20:03 #106043 by Dair

Citadel wrote: I've heard Cannibal: the Musical by the South Park guys is good. Has anyone seen it?

It has been about 10 years since I've seen it. I remember it as mostly forgettable with a few hilarious moments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Citadel

More
21 Oct 2011 14:42 #106095 by Citadel
I just thought of a TV series a couple of years ago called Young Dracula on the BBC. It is a kid's show, aimed at school age children, but if you are blessed with the mental age of an eight year old you'll have a blast. I doubt it has had any sort of release so it could be hard to find.

It's on youtube:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds