October 09, 2023
2559 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2761 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers

More
01 Feb 2009 23:13 #19375 by The King in Yellow
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, winners of Superbowl XLIII.

After the game Mike Tomlin was quoted, “It is what it is. We’ll put this behind us, enjoy it for tonight, and get back to work. Expectations will not change, if anything they’ve increased, and now we have to step up and continue to play like world champions. We’re not gonna get too caught up in this; we’ll put it in the display case with the rest of ’em & move forward into next season. It was a great team effort, and our guys played the way we expected them to play.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2009 23:19 #19376 by Mr MOTO
Congrats to them and to the Cardinals for showing that they belonged in that game.

It was a good one too! :)

More
01 Feb 2009 23:21 #19378 by hancock.tom
Octavian (who I assume is a steelers fan) is probably going crazy somewhere right now.

More
01 Feb 2009 23:24 #19379 by The King in Yellow
Nah. He's a transplanted Buffalo Bills fan. He's probably sulking and trying to drown out the voices in the streets by consuming quantities of cheap liquor.

More
02 Feb 2009 00:16 #19388 by Gary Sax
Boy is it good to see a Randy the Macho Man Savage avatar on the fort.

But you motherfuckers all missed the real game today, Nadal proving how deep he is in Federer's head and Federer sobbing after the match.

More
02 Feb 2009 00:24 #19391 by Octavian
The King in Yellow wrote:

Nah. He's a transplanted Buffalo Bills fan. He's probably sulking and trying to drown out the voices in the streets by consuming quantities of cheap liquor.

Buffalo fan, yes, but I usually cheer for the AFC as a general rule. And particularly in this one where the Cards didn't deserve to even be in the game based on their regular season performance. They got hot in the playoffs and even carried that through to the Superbowl, but the better team won and all is right in the world.

And there were some crazy ass unfuckingbelieveable plays! Hell of a game. Kicking the Cowboys off of the top of the most SB rings list is just icing.

-MMM

More
02 Feb 2009 04:33 #19409 by moss_icon
what a great game, the 4th quarter was INTENSE

More
02 Feb 2009 05:57 #19413 by BradHB
I taped it last night and haven't watched it yet. I knew it was a bad idea to go online, as I'd accidentally find the result.

More
02 Feb 2009 11:17 #19440 by dan daly
You still need to watch the game even if you know the result. There were SEVERAL plays that still provoke an audible gasp from me watching the replay even though I've seen them probably a dozen times already- they were that amazing.

As a lifelong steelers fan the game was an incredible whipsaw between high's and low's, but even if you didn't have a routing interest I'd say it was one of the most exciting Superbowls ever.

More
02 Feb 2009 11:20 #19441 by dan daly
By the way, the Cards played great but just came up short. Wisenhunt and Warner were both extremely gracious in the defeat during their post game comments. I remember how much I was sick to my stomach after Super Bowl XXX, and know that's how Cards fans are feeling now. If Arizona really is turning into "Pittsburgh West" you'll have better days ahead.

More
02 Feb 2009 11:43 #19447 by Dr. Mabuse
Gary Sax wrote:

Boy is it good to see a Randy the Macho Man Savage avatar on the fort.

But you motherfuckers all missed the real game today, Nadal proving how deep he is in Federer's head and Federer sobbing after the match.

AW shit that would have been great to see. My mom musta been over the moon as she LOVES Nadal.

More
02 Feb 2009 12:01 #19453 by Ken B.
Nadal's the dude that looks like Matt Hardy, right? I saw him and Federer play last year or maybe the year before and it was an excellent match...and I usually hate tennis.

That game last night was fantastic, a real nail-biter. I wasn't even really "for" one team or another (Titans are my team, followed by the Colts) but it's really, really hard to hate the Steelers, so I was cheering for them a bit.

We were at a Super Bowl party and my brother and I had planned on simming the game on the side using Pizza Box Football...but the actual game turned out to be too interesting so we couldn't really focus on playing it. We stopped our game at halftime with Pittsburgh up 17-10. My brother mismanaged the clock near the end of the second quarter and I actually blocked a field goal kick and recovered possession.

Not long after I had a draw play that broke wide open down field for a 51-yd TD to close the half. Then we called it until we could finish it later.

Back to the real game...that Holmes play will live on in "Greatest Super Bowl Moments" for sometime to come. Ditto the 100-yd interception return. I felt bad for the Cardinals because they were sooooo close...but they'd been riding on borrowed time anyway, getting hot will only carry you so far.

More
02 Feb 2009 13:41 #19478 by mrmarcus
It was odd seeing Harrison go from high praise for the interception to vilification on the moronic penalty on the punt.

My sister (Steelers fan) was surprised he wasn't tossed from the game for that shot. But I guessed the refs had a side bet on how many holding calls they could stick Arizona's left tackle with. He was exposed horribly.

More
02 Feb 2009 14:58 #19498 by Octavian
mrmarcus wrote:

My sister (Steelers fan) was surprised he wasn't tossed from the game for that shot. But I guessed the refs had a side bet on how many holding calls they could stick Arizona's left tackle with. He was exposed horribly.

"Exposed" implies that his flaws were hidden until then. It's been no secret that Gandy can't handle speed rushers AT ALL.

They obviously decided that they would rather take holding penalties than sacks. Probably the right decision, given the choice.

-MMM

More
02 Feb 2009 16:46 #19528 by southernman
I hate to say this guys - 'cos it's a religion for so many - but American Football is sport's ultimate efficiency engine game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds