October 09, 2023
2525 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2725 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

What is the worst game in your collection?

More
06 Mar 2018 20:46 #264771 by Black Barney
Stone Age has a fuck hut. It cannot ever be the worst anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, SuperflyPete, Colorcrayons, Unicron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2018 21:20 #264772 by Sevej
I think it's Mr. Jack Pocket. I still like it.

More
06 Mar 2018 22:04 #264779 by boothwah

Frohike wrote: Per my opinion, Smash Up because I actually have to play it once in awhile. It's just not a good game, but the teens enjoy it for some reason.

In theory Nature Fluxx, but it sits on the shelf where I placed it when it was gifted to us by... I dunno... some well-meaning relative.

Arrghhh Smash Up. I have 2 friends that got it as a hobby entry point and have all expats and want to play it but is a bad bad game. I smile and man up because those guys will sit through a game of dead of winter with me. Good gosh, I loathe this game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
06 Mar 2018 22:07 #264780 by san il defanso

boothwah wrote:

Frohike wrote: Per my opinion, Smash Up because I actually have to play it once in awhile. It's just not a good game, but the teens enjoy it for some reason.

In theory Nature Fluxx, but it sits on the shelf where I placed it when it was gifted to us by... I dunno... some well-meaning relative.

Arrghhh Smash Up. I have 2 friends that got it as a hobby entry point and have all expats and want to play it but is a bad bad game. I smile and man up because those guys will sit through a game of dead of winter with me. Good gosh, I loathe this game.

I met someone who told me her favorite game was Smash-Up. Like, she entered tournaments, bought all the promos, had PILES of cards for this game. I am not proud of this judgy attitude but my first knee-jerk response was this sort of pity. Like, I really hope you get to play more games so you can find something that will just blow your mind. That's such a douchey elitist attitude, but it's where my mind went, because I think Smash-Up is a pretty lame game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
07 Mar 2018 03:05 #264791 by __

Black Barney wrote: Stone Age has a fuck hut. It cannot ever be the worst anything.

jesus fucking Christ. dont they have hookers in Canada. Its obvious youve not had legal consensual sex in a decade or two, perhaps ever. Stop wasting your time trolling boardgame nerds and stump up the cash to get laid man, for fucks sake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
07 Mar 2018 04:22 #264793 by Matt Thrower
OK Play is probably the worst: it's a tile laying game which is essentially Connect 4 except you have to connect five instead. Oh, and if you run out of pieces, you start moving the played ones around until there's a winner, so you have to endure the misery for longer.

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle: isn't as bad, but it makes me angry every time we play it because it could have been so much better.

Pico 2: is a simple mathematical bluffing game, but it does have some cute hedgehogs.

And I'm afraid I'm going to cap the list with Dungeon! even though it gets a fair amount of love around here. I'm afraid that, no matter how much imagination you put into it, it's repetitive and boring.

I keep all of them because they're enjoyed by one or more other members of the family. They play my games, so it's only fair that I play theirs.

More
07 Mar 2018 07:11 #264794 by southernman

Tron wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Stone Age has a fuck hut. It cannot ever be the worst anything.

jesus fucking Christ. dont they have hookers in Canada. Its obvious youve not had legal consensual sex in a decade or two, perhaps ever. Stop wasting your time trolling boardgame nerds and stump up the cash to get laid man, for fucks sake

Coming from someone who's posted fuck all here (especially in comparison to your target) there's only one troll/dickhead ... or do you not have humour where you come from (if not you're excused).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, SuperflyPete

More
07 Mar 2018 07:51 #264799 by repoman
Calm down, calm down everyone.

Don't know if Tron or Southernman were around when the whole "fuck hut" defense of Stone Age was a thing around here.

It went on and on forever with people bashing Stone Age and Pete being the sole defender and eventually his argument was whittled down to the game having a fuck hut.

No need for anybody to get bent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
07 Mar 2018 08:29 #264802 by SuperflyPete
It not only has a fuck hut, but it has a cup that smells like sweaty balls. That’s got to be worth something.

I adore Monsters Menace America. I also refuse to do the endgame bullshit the same way I refused for a decade to do the lame endgame bullshit in Talisman. The smartest thing FFG ever did was create alternate endings to delegitimization the stock ending.

Now, I was looking in my closet (where games have been moved to because my office needed a reorg BAD) and I found the worst game I own: Khrysos Hunters. Someone tucked this into the box of a game I bought on a Geekbay auction some time ago. I’m still not sure if they were trying to be nice or are the type that can’t theow a game in the trash and so they had to ship it out to some unsuspecting mook for some semblance of karmic bonus. In my book, this guy probably got genital warts on his lips as his reward.

More
07 Mar 2018 09:00 #264811 by the_jake_1973
Munchkin is still in the collection. It is the worst game on the shelf. My wife won't let me sell any of the sets even though we haven't played in years.

More
07 Mar 2018 09:13 #264815 by Legomancer
Probably the worst and dumbest thing I still have is Le Boomb. It's basically LCR with a single die. I got it because it was dumb and cheap and thought it would be fun for selecting a start player.

More
07 Mar 2018 09:17 #264817 by Erik Twice

Legomancer wrote: Probably the worst and dumbest thing I still have is Le Boomb. It's basically LCR with a single die. I got it because it was dumb and cheap and thought it would be fun for selecting a start player.

Why did you do this to yourself :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
07 Mar 2018 09:32 #264819 by Unicron
Either Pandemic or Orphan Black: The Card Game. I'm not sure that a fuck hut or ball cup would have improved either game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
07 Mar 2018 10:00 #264832 by southernman

the_jake_1973 wrote: Munchkin is still in the collection. It is the worst game on the shelf. My wife won't let me sell any of the sets even though we haven't played in years.

Buuurrrrrn the witch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973

More
07 Mar 2018 10:01 #264834 by edulis
I think I owned that Elric game- never played it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds