October 09, 2023
2563 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2764 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

I may have to pay off after all

More
28 Jan 2009 13:43 #18712 by DeletedUser
Ska_baron wrote:

Does this count?

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/376145/page/3

Clearclaw wrote:
Thank you. I wrote sloppily. I was referring to game boxes, not rules. There has been a very long tradition of crediting designers in game rules from many publishers, German and otherwise.

Close. But Clearclaw's not actually admitting to being wrong. It seems to me that he just changed tack and narrowed the scope of his original argument.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2009 13:56 #18714 by TheDukester
Damn, that's close. Clearclaw admitting to sloppiness goes against all of his programming ... someone will need to wheel him into the shop for some re-wiring soon.

But it's still not the same as "I was wrong." That GG reward will never be claimed, I'm certain of it.

More
28 Jan 2009 14:50 #18723 by Mr Skeletor
Space Ghost wrote:

I was always under the impression that the three castles existed from a previous race (e.g., the sorceresses people), and Skeletor was just the inhabitant of Snake Mountain -- not the creator -- and the sky tracks were just remants of a previous civilization.

I think that's how it was explained in the mini comic that came with it.
Of course the whole thing was pretty much 'make this shit up as we go along' so kiddies can take it or leave it as they see fit.
That reminds me where the fuck is my new skeletor?

More
28 Jan 2009 15:41 #18729 by Space Ghost
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Space Ghost wrote:

I was always under the impression that the three castles existed from a previous race (e.g., the sorceresses people), and Skeletor was just the inhabitant of Snake Mountain -- not the creator -- and the sky tracks were just remants of a previous civilization.

I think that's how it was explained in the mini comic that came with it.
Of course the whole thing was pretty much 'make this shit up as we go along' so kiddies can take it or leave it as they see fit.
That reminds me where the fuck is my new skeletor?

It must be the same place as my new skeletor -- should have been here by today, but wasn't in the post. And I found out that the jackass I ordered Beastman from on ebay is still waiting on some shipment of Beastmen for himself. All around, a very irritating day on the MoTU front.

More
28 Jan 2009 22:24 #18764 by Sagrilarus
Ska_baron wrote:

Does this count?

Clearclaw wrote:
Thank you. I wrote sloppily. I was referring to game boxes, not rules. There has been a very long tradition of crediting designers in game rules from many publishers, German and otherwise.

You know that's pretty close. I get the feeling that he's looking over the edge, but not quite willing to take that last step forward. You should see if you can nudge him a bit. I would, but that would take the fun out of the contest, and frankly I think he'd clench even tighter if I was the one doing the pushing.

Sag.

More
28 Jan 2009 22:36 #18765 by mikoyan
Hey, you get lots of theme in games like Puerto Rico and Caylus...

More
01 Feb 2009 07:41 - 01 Feb 2009 10:02 #19293 by Notahandle
TheDukester wrote:
"""" Damn, that's close. Clearclaw admitting to sloppiness goes against all of his programming ... someone will need to wheel him into the shop for some re-wiring soon.
But it's still not the same as "I was wrong." That GG reward will never be claimed, I'm certain of it.""""
Sagrilarus wrote:
"""" Does this count?
Clearclaw wrote:
Thank you. I wrote sloppily. I was referring to game boxes, not rules. There has been a very long tradition of crediting designers in game rules from many publishers, German and otherwise.[/quote]
You know that's pretty close. I get the feeling that he's looking over the edge, but not quite willing to take that last step forward. You should see if you can nudge him a bit. I would, but that would take the fun out of the contest, and frankly I think he'd clench even tighter if I was the one doing the pushing.
Sag.""""
To quote clearclaw: "I wrote previously on Duck Dealer and got it all so embarrassingly wrong."
Last edit: 01 Feb 2009 10:02 by Notahandle. Reason: "He Fucking Dick then Bullshit"

More
01 Feb 2009 08:07 - 01 Feb 2009 08:07 #19295 by moss_icon

Notahandle wrote: or did he?

you should figure out how to use the quote function, i have no idea what you wrote and what you quoted here!
Last edit: 01 Feb 2009 08:07 by moss_icon.

More
01 Feb 2009 08:20 - 01 Feb 2009 10:02 #19301 by Notahandle
I did. I used it once and disliked it. Plus, for multiple quotes it doesn't parse well. What I'm doing is correct writing you know. I even phrased my response differently to make it clearer.
However, I've changed the """s in the post above to """"" "s, especially for you.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2009 10:02 by Notahandle. Reason: "He Fucking Dick then Bullshit"

More
01 Feb 2009 09:01 #19307 by Sagrilarus
I fear he may be calling himself on being wrong, and that isn't going to count. I can't access the post he links (my content blocker stops it!) but I'll have a look. I need someone telling him he made an error, and them him agreeing. But we're close here.

Sag.

More
01 Feb 2009 09:06 #19308 by moss_icon
Notahandle wrote:

I did. I used it once and disliked it. Plus, for multiple quotes it doesn't parse well. What I'm doing is correct writing you know. I even phrased my response differently to make it clearer.
However, I've changed the """s in the post above to """"" "s, especially for you.

cheers!

More
01 Feb 2009 10:03 - 01 Feb 2009 10:03 #19313 by Notahandle
Sagrilarus wrote:
"... Sag."
I had no idea about the competition, I just felt the 'clearclaw says he's never wrong' was a straw man accusation and I wanted to disprove it.

moss_icon wrote:
"cheers!"
Usually I'll extract just the relevant bits and the quotes work fine. But you're right, when there's a lot of text it's a pain, so I'l probably use the large and bold approach for any like that in the future. The problem I have with the boxes is when they're like the post at the bottom of this page: fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kune...mit=10&limitstart=90
It wastes a lot of vertical space and the bold text should be inside the relevant box, not above it.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2009 10:03 by Notahandle. Reason: "He Fucking Dick then Bullshit"

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds