October 09, 2023
2617 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2811 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Seriously....Nickelback.

More
30 Apr 2009 10:47 #27383 by Ken B.
Is ANYONE a fan of this fucking group?

I've never met anyone who says, "Oh, Nickelback, shit yeah man."

And yet...

They get played on every fucking radio station there is. You can't escape them. Rock? Hey, it's "Acting Like We're Animals." Top 40? Here's that shitty "Photograph" that sounds like someone's got the dude's nuts run across a cheese grater. Alternative? Hey, sure Nickelback is Alternative to good music.

I'm sure right now Country stations are trying to figure out how to work a Nickelback song into their rotation. Maybe that "Rock Star" song if they slowed it down some? GET KENNY ROGERS TO A MIX BOARD! BOOK THAT SHIT~!

It's a phenomenon I'm at a loss to explain.

Canada...please. Whatever we did to you....whatever mean things we said...it wasn't worth this. We'll even keep Celine Dion! JUST TAKE NICKEL-BACK!

(ba rum dum dum.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2009 10:55 #27384 by clockwirk
I hate that group.
I think they're just about done, though (fingers crossed).
They're even less tolerable to me than the teenybopper crap that's out there because they pretend to be a style of music that I might actually like. I can avoid the other stuff by just not listening to pop radio, but like you said, Nickleback shows up everywhere.

More
More
30 Apr 2009 11:09 #27388 by sydo
Replied by sydo on topic Re:Seriously....Nickelback.
www.explosm.net/comics/1156/

I hate them! They are on every radio here. Can't stand his voice and don't know anyone who can.

More
30 Apr 2009 11:10 #27389 by NeonPeon
They're still around? At my last job I was forced to listen to crappy top 40 radio - I'd hear Nickelback several times per day. I left that job over three years ago.

More
30 Apr 2009 11:10 #27390 by Dr. Mabuse
Ken B. wrote:

Canada...please. Whatever we did to you....whatever mean things we said...it wasn't worth this. We'll even keep Celine Dion! JUST TAKE NICKEL-BACK!

(ba rum dum dum.)

Hey you gave us Reality TV, Bush Sr. & Jr., The Monkees, crap cinema (post 1970's), Pauly Shore, Twinkies, TMZ, & High School Musical.

Here's FIDDY-CENTS to call some one who cares!

(thank-you, thank-you)

More
30 Apr 2009 11:16 #27391 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:Seriously....Nickelback.
Dr_Mabuse wrote:

Ken B. wrote:

(ba rum dum dum.)

Hey you gave us Reality TV, Bush Sr. & Jr., The Monkees, crap cinema (post 1970's), Pauly Shore, Twinkies, TMZ, & High School Musical.

Here's FIDDY-CENTS to call some one who cares!

(thank-you, thank-you)

Okay, man...you got us on Bush Jr.

I concede.

That should be his legacy: "Bush Jr.--a Presidency so bad, Nickelback doesn't seem so bad after all!"

More
30 Apr 2009 11:19 #27393 by Black Barney
Yes, yes... we're apologizing non-stop for Nickelback. I've met ONE guy who with his wife (now ex-wife) were huge nickelback fans. We (my fiancee and I) used to go over to their place to play poker and they'd blast Nickelback through the house. I used to just keep yelling, "THIS ONE SOUNDS JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE!"

All this apologizing for Celine Dion, Bryan Adams and now Nickelback is making me self-conscious about our music.

Let's not forget:
Rush
Anvil! (yo)
Neil Young
Heart
Men Without Hats
Corey Hart
Tom Cochrane
Blue Rodeo
Sarah McLachlan
Spirit of the West
Cowboy Junkies
The Tragically Hip (not a fan)
Barenaked Ladies
Skydiggers
Crash Test dummies
Alanis Morissette (our Michael Jackson basically)
Ashley MacIssac (who likez golden showers? Ken?)
Great Big Sea
Our Lady Peace
Hayden
I'm not gonna mention Shania Twain
Avril lavigne (I'd hit it)
Bedouin Soundclash

anyway, blah blah blah

More
30 Apr 2009 11:46 #27397 by Bullwinkle
Are we bringing politics into this now? Because I'd rather listen to fucking Nickelback.

Anyway, you're complaining about Nickelback when you have Creed to answer for? PHYSICIAN HEAL THYSELF.

And if you think those guys are wankers, here's a quote from one of Juniper's articles:

"They're just the undying bastion of hoser rock," says Stuart Berman, editor of EyeWeekly.com and a music writer for Pitchfork. "(Front man) Chad Kroeger is this dude who basically drinks a lot of beer and writes songs about having sex with girls and really confirms these stereotypes about Canada that many of us are trying to transcend."

Dear Mr. Berman: You are a pansy. Christ, can we please have a Canadian ambassador to be proud of? Like William Shatner.

More
30 Apr 2009 11:56 #27405 by beuks33
Replied by beuks33 on topic Re:Seriously....Nickelback.
There was once a beer-only bar in Caldwell, Idaho called The Shack. They had extremely cheap beer and a jukebox with a pretty good selection on it. Except the denizens of the bar would sometimes overlook said selection and put Nickleback on for about on hour. And there would be whopin' and hollerin' and exclamations of love for Nickleback. After which I would drink to excess and play Johnny Cash's "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" like five times in a row and cry into my beer.

More
30 Apr 2009 11:58 #27407 by hancock.tom
That entire genre of wuss rock disgusts me. If it is on more than one radio station I will just turn the thing off.

More
30 Apr 2009 12:07 #27412 by Count Orlok
This is why I never listen to the radio. I didn't even know they were still around, last time I heard them was when I was in high school (2001-2004).

More
30 Apr 2009 12:37 #27418 by Michael Barnes
A friend of mine, who was kind of my delivery partner when I was doing Factory Games, was into them. One day she proudly said "we got tickets for Nickelback!" and all I could think of to say was "will you be close enough to see that guy's moustache?"

Nickelback is pretty much the single band that most embodies the dangers of corporate rock. I seriously can't think of a more useless, bankrupt act in music. Seriously. The faux-earnest "rock" they produce isn't even as authentic as any given 808-and-synth loop trash hip hop track out there.

I'd be willing to bet that they're totally in on the swindle too...they probably know what they do is junk, but they're probably up to their eyeballs in money and women.

Seriously, I'd rather here Firehose or Trixter than that shit.

More
30 Apr 2009 12:40 #27421 by Michael Barnes
Alanis Morissette (our Michael Jackson basically)

That's...upsetting.

I saw an episode of BIRDMAN one where he was fighting these aliens. The aliens were signified as such not only because of their green skin, but also because of their outrageously Canadian accents.

More
30 Apr 2009 13:06 #27429 by Juniper
Replied by Juniper on topic Re:Seriously....Nickelback.
Whenever I think of Douche Rock, I think of this clip from GHOST WORLD:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds