October 09, 2023
2774 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2924 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest South 2 June 2-5

More
26 May 2011 18:11 #97065 by Ken B.
Even better, since Loter's junk is going to be the star of our live feed, it's only fair to plaster Skelly's junk all over the side of the house. Then use a voice modulator so he sounds like an Australian Spongebob Squarepants.

You could smell the value of your housing market plummeting as we speak, Steve-o.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2011 18:15 #97068 by SuperflyPete
Commander Avery, I'm leaving on Friday AM at 7 to head to Newman, GA for work. Always work...

Anyhow, if the mob is going to the clubhouse, you'll have to give me an address. Hopefully it's near Newman! :)

More
26 May 2011 19:59 #97074 by MattFantastic
I'm beginning to worry that I might not live up to the hype, like I'll need to drunkenly fight those racist dudes that live across the street from Barnes in the front yard and then slap them in the face with my junk. Without spilling any pink wine on my Donald Duck tank top.

More
26 May 2011 20:23 #97075 by SuperflyPete
That would be a hell of a podcast!

If you trip over to start some trouble, I've got your back.

More
26 May 2011 20:44 #97078 by Ken B.

MattLoter wrote: I'm beginning to worry that I might not live up to the hype, like I'll need to drunkenly fight those racist dudes that live across the street from Barnes in the front yard and then slap them in the face with my junk. Without spilling any pink wine on my Donald Duck tank top.

Meanwhile, punching seven dudes in the face who said, "That's GHEY!"

RAWR! THE JUNK MUST FLOW

More
27 May 2011 01:16 #97092 by moofrank
We just bottled 5 gallons of cider. Ended up with 45 bottles and a gallon jug. This batch came out GREAT. It is a nice, basic farmhouse cider. Probably 5-8%, very lightly carbonated, not at all sweet, and seriously tart.

We started the batch in the middle of February, so it is barely three months old. I'll vault the bottles for a few more months, but will bring the gallon to Trashfest, maybe along with some liquid Splenda to sweeten to taste.

We sweetened this lot with Apple Juice concentrate, and based it on an English Ale yeast. No Sulfites. We'll start another batch sometime soon.

For the really brave, I'll bring some of the first two batches. The first was a champagne yeast and is deadly. Steve actually asks for bottles. The second....I should probably just throw out. It tastes kind of yeasty---somewhere between cider and beer.

More
29 May 2011 22:08 #97218 by billyz
I just checked what the weather forecast for Atlanta is next week and it's official: Steve Avery's defininition of "nice summer weather" is completely different then mine.

What do Southerners consider comfortable? I'm a fan of the high 70's myself.

Oh Sweet Jesus!

I'll pay you cash money to turn the ac on Steve! Anything you want! Kittens! I'll give you Kittens! I'll walk the dogs in the morning! I'll stay and clean the house post bash! I'll be your manservant for 3 days and you can rename me anything you want! But, for the love of all that's good, please, turn on the AC!

Billy "would you like me to draw your bath, Sir?"Zavos

More
30 May 2011 12:47 #97224 by SuperflyPete
Epic Announcement:

If God, Wizards, and Fedex are willing, I will be bringing my review copy of "Conquest of Nerath" with me to Trashfest!

More
30 May 2011 13:03 #97226 by Stephen Avery

What do Southerners consider comfortable?

On word my friend: Tanktops

Yeah after two memorial day parties this weekend, I have come to some realizations:

1. It has been unseasonably warm this year. We might have to re-locate indoors for gaming. Not a problem except it is harder to set up my beloved a tiki bar inside

2. if we play inside I won't be able to have as many locals over for the Welcoming Party. I can max four tables for gaming inside- so about 20 people at best for gaming. (2 fours and 2 sixes)

3. We will not have enough people to kill a keg at the Welcoming Party. I'm going to have to switch up to a bunch of twelve packs and some liquor.

4. I am an even worse bartender than I thought. But the drinks look amazing.

5. I can't frikken wait!!

6. I really can't frinkken wait!!!

Steve"Almost here"Avery

More
30 May 2011 14:22 #97227 by Dr. Mabuse
"I've not scheduled the Tele- gaming yet..."
Hey Steve, what's that?

More
30 May 2011 16:10 #97230 by ThirstyMan

moofrank wrote: The first was a champagne yeast and is deadly. Steve actually asks for bottles. The second....I should probably just throw out. It tastes kind of yeasty---somewhere between cider and beer.

In my part of the world throwing anything out which has even the vaguest part of alcohol still in it is heresy.

Here's drinking your aftershave...

More
30 May 2011 18:29 #97234 by Aarontu

SuperflyTNT wrote: Epic Announcement:

If God, Wizards, and Fedex are willing, I will be bringing my review copy of "Conquest of Nerath" with me to Trashfest!

I'm interested in this game; it looks pretty cool.

More
31 May 2011 01:19 #97239 by Merkles
Well, its official, I can't make it (even though I have a non-refundable ticket). It is family issues/hospice type with my wife's fmaily --- stuff that makes it so I can't go. I'm bummed but family comes first.

Those of you who haven't yet experienced Steve's hospitality will be blown away. I'm actually very sad I won't be there. Have fun Billy!

More
31 May 2011 01:55 #97240 by billyz

Merkles wrote: Well, its official, I can't make it (even though I have a non-refundable ticket). It is family issues/hospice type with my wife's fmaily --- stuff that makes it so I can't go. I'm bummed but family comes first.

Those of you who haven't yet experienced Steve's hospitality will be blown away. I'm actually very sad I won't be there. Have fun Billy!

I:m really sorry to hear that Paul. I hope everything is okay, and I'll catch you next time

More
31 May 2011 12:03 #97255 by SuperflyPete
Merkles,
The fact that it's nonrefundable doesn't mean you lose your money, just so you know. Call the airline and let them know, they'll provide you a "confirmation code" and you can use those same dollars to get a new flight down the road, less a "change fee".

Don't know if you knew that, but I couldn't sit by and not be sure and have you think you lost all your cash. Bummer, man, would've been nice to meet you.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds