October 09, 2023
2623 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2817 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest South 2 June 2-5

More
08 Jun 2011 15:26 #97630 by Rliyen

SuperflyTNT wrote: Don't forget about how the Emperor fell to a dog-boy and a little green man.... :)

Or that Jango got bowcastered into the next galaxy. Had the mental image of Jango being harpooned to a wall, a la Predator speargun vs. Marine in AvP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2011 16:51 #97632 by Jarvis
Dinosaurs of the Lost World. Yeah that one was pretty fun. I wish I could find a cheap copy of that.

More
08 Jun 2011 17:24 #97634 by Rliyen

billyz wrote: Ooo! I almost forgot!

Ken Bradford. The legend that loves teh cock. Ken is a fucking riot. Unfortunately the only image of Ken that is permanently etched into my mind isn't the one you think: it's the look of sheer agony on Ken's face as he was playing a game of Minion Hunters with Rliyen. I wish I had a camera- you'd have swore that Rliyen was slowly inserting his finger up Ken's ass.

Jeremy Bradford. I like Jeremy. I like him quite a bit, but he's one of these still waters run deep motherfuckers with an permanently impenetrable poker face. Just by looking at him you'd think he's one of the squarest bastards around, until, on one of those rare occasions where, he opens his mouth and comedy gold comes shooting out. The dude is funny as hell and serves as the perfect foil to his "teh cock"loving sibling.

And I kept giving him outs, Billy. Ken was soooo glazed over like a jelly doughnut. I knew he wasn't having fun, but every time I told him he could drop out, he got all PATTON-Y on me. =o)

Now, I enjoy MH, but with the addition of M.Nation (which we were playing) the dice rolling becomes astronomical and sometimes annoying. Maybe we should have given the factions a head start and that would have ended the game right quick, because I think at one time ALL of us were in the hospital...

More
08 Jun 2011 19:38 #97635 by Stephen Avery
Actually Rilyen and I should have been the ones playing Minion Hunter. I love that game and have played it at last a half a dozen times. There are some big flaws in the design but overall it is a pretty fun (and very random) game with a decent narrative. I played the Dark Conspiracy RPG for years so Minion Hunters resonates with me.

I also wante to play minimonfa. I suspect I would really like the game.
Ahh well- something for next year.

Steve"Minion Hunter"avery

More
08 Jun 2011 19:40 - 08 Jun 2011 19:42 #97636 by daveroswell
I'm looking for a Minion Hunters microbadge on BGG as we speak.

Bah...but Minion Nation?!?! DANG. Rylen holdin out yo.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2011 19:42 by daveroswell.

More
08 Jun 2011 19:53 #97637 by Rliyen

daveroswell wrote: I'm looking for a Minion Hunters microbadge on BGG as we speak.

Bah...but Minion Nation?!?! DANG. Rylen holdin out yo.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Put down the Zip Gun, Dave! You were playing Minion Nation! That's the expansion with the little fold out of all the charts o' doom. The core MH game is not as nearly die rolly, especially in the Hospital.

I also wante to play minimonfa. I suspect I would really like the game.
Ahh well- something for next year.

Yes, you would. Aaron and his wife enjoyed it. Even more so when I got eliminated because I couldn't populate my rooms with monsters. They kept walking in and trashing my pristine dungeon! NO RESPECT!!!! WHERE'S MAH VENDETTA CARD!???

More
08 Jun 2011 20:33 #97638 by daveroswell
Oh.

Can I still hold the zip gun?

More
08 Jun 2011 20:35 #97639 by Rliyen

daveroswell wrote: Oh.

Can you afford it?

More
09 Jun 2011 01:27 - 09 Jun 2011 01:36 #97644 by Josh Look
And after finally logging everything played over the weekend, I find that while we're only 8 days into June, I have 34 items logged as played. The only expansions in the mix is for Chaos in the Old World, Game of Thrones, Cosmic Encounter, and the Battlestar Expansions. That makes for 27 games played in 8 days. It's gonna be a busy month.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2011 01:36 by Josh Look.

More
09 Jun 2011 03:03 #97647 by Ken B.

Josh Look wrote: And after finally logging everything played over the weekend, I find that while we're only 8 days into June, I have 34 items logged as played. The only expansions in the mix is for Chaos in the Old World, Game of Thrones, Cosmic Encounter, and the Battlestar Expansions. That makes for 27 games played in 8 days. It's gonna be a busy month.

Dude, I *wish* I could keep up the insane pace that Trashfest brought me. Talk about gaming nirvana!

More
09 Jun 2011 07:38 #97656 by daveroswell

Rliyen wrote:

Can you afford it?

Gotta see if I can get out of outpatient care. YES! The nurse just gave me a hand job....wait, her boyfriend just showed up...I'm back in intensive care...

More
09 Jun 2011 12:17 #97659 by a strange aeon

daveroswell wrote:

Rliyen wrote:

Can you afford it?

Gotta see if I can get out of outpatient care. YES! The nurse just gave me a hand job....wait, her boyfriend just showed up...I'm back in intensive care...

LOL! I like Minion Hunter a lot, but it does seem like you spend half the game trying to get out of the hospital while the country with its weird combined name cities gets destroyed.

More
09 Jun 2011 14:08 #97663 by Rliyen

a strange aeon wrote:

daveroswell wrote:

Rliyen wrote:

Can you afford it?

LOL! I like Minion Hunter a lot, but it does seem like you spend half the game trying to get out of the hospital while the country with its weird combined name cities gets destroyed.

And I kept telling Dave, Aaron, Celia, and Ken that "YOU DON'T GO TO THE MAP UNLESS YOU'RE SURE YOU CAN TAKE THE PLOT." If you're forced to, because of the DE space, fine. But otherwise, STAY OFF IT. IT IS BAD... GET COCKY WHEN YOU HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOD AND A LOT OF EQUIPMENT.

Then I'll use my Empath abilities to fuck with the Plot markers... It's all good.

More
09 Jun 2011 14:16 #97664 by Ken B.
Dude, I didn't go to the map. I kept ending up on spaces on the outer board that were like, "Go this way, fail a contacts test, go to the hospital. Go this way, fail a combat test, go to the hospital."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds