October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2731 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What game are you FANTASIZING over?

More
09 Apr 2013 20:47 #150022 by wesbaker
Looking forward to Mage Wars thanks to Quinns's impression of it at Shut Up and Sit Down, ended up ordering the whole damn thing.

Always interested in more games of Netrunner, but I've been consistently winning with my Shaper and Haas-Bioroid decks, so I'm thinking about making a Criminal and Jinteki deck for some variety.

Beyond that, Gearworld: The Borderlands is pre-ordered and eagerly awaited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2013 21:52 #150028 by Camshaft
I'd love to play TI3 more than once every other year.

Some draft MTG would be fun too.

I also miss the days of weeky Arkham Horror with the wife before the twins came along.

Just not enough time anymore...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
09 Apr 2013 23:28 #150029 by Aarontu
TWILIGHT IMPERIUM 3RD ED. I haven't played it in at least 4 years (sometime before I graduated college and moved to NC). I finally made some gamer friends who want to play it, so here's hoping.

Also, SID MIER'S CIVILIZATION: TBG, the Eagle Games version, not the FFG version, but with the "RHYE'S AND FALL of CIVILIZATION" variant rules found on Civfanatics. It looks actually fun.

More
10 Apr 2013 00:32 #150031 by Sevej
Looking at Copplestone Castings Future Wars range and Wargames Foundry Street Violence range. Some *really* characterful miniatures there, but don't know what rules I'll use with them.

More
10 Apr 2013 03:04 #150041 by ratpfink
I would love to get in another Formula De league. That's the format the game was meant to be played in, and it's just something I didn't understand about that game until I did it. Maybe once the semester is over and I'm not a full time student on top of working full time...

More
10 Apr 2013 03:20 #150042 by metalface13

Aarontu wrote: TWILIGHT IMPERIUM 3RD ED. I haven't played it in at least 4 years (sometime before I graduated college and moved to NC). I finally made some gamer friends who want to play it, so here's hoping.

Also, SID MIER'S CIVILIZATION: TBG, the Eagle Games version, not the FFG version, but with the "RHYE'S AND FALL of CIVILIZATION" variant rules found on Civfanatics. It looks actually fun.

Where do you live in NC? My brother lives in Cary in the Raleigh area and is a big gamer.

More
10 Apr 2013 07:48 #150048 by bomber
Kingdom Death. Lionness. I cannot lie.

More
10 Apr 2013 10:45 #150049 by schlupp
Too many to name, but basically my Want to Play list. I have two major obstacles I need to overcome with each of them: either language or length.

Being German, but living in Belgium, a lot of my games are in German and not accessible to anyone in my English speaking group. I'd love to play Fire & Axe again, for example, but cannot b/c of the German text. The same goes for my copy of War of the Ring.

From my lenghty games I would like to get Attack! (+ expansion and economic tokens) to the table again. I played a couple of times, back when I studied and it seemed to be a clunky, but pretty fun game with some tweaks.

And then there are those games that combine both treats, like my German copy of Civilization or Die Macher...

More
10 Apr 2013 11:31 - 10 Apr 2013 11:32 #150051 by Stonecutter
Earth Reborn tops my list, which shouldn't be too hard as I have a pretty dedicated 2p games partner, but it's been so hard to sit down and teach myself the rules to that game when Android Netrunner is the fantastic new hotness that it is and ever expanding, and we've both caught the Twilight Struggle bug bad.

I want to get several more plays out of Descent 2nd Edition and Clash of Cultures too.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2013 11:32 by Stonecutter.

More
10 Apr 2013 13:14 #150056 by edulis
A buddy and I have been talking about geting together to play Necromunda again... what a great game, but playing one offs is not nearly as fun as a full campaign. I floated the idea at the local games store to start a group, no takers yet.

Earth Reborn continues to collect dust on my shelf. I would love to play it. Finding people and time to play more complex games is impossible.

More
10 Apr 2013 15:14 #150068 by DukeofChutney
as far as i can tell fantasizing is what being a war gamer is all about.

The Korean War (VP games), La Batallie de Wagram, OCS Burma, Talvera, Crown of Roses, and the longer scenarios in Pax Baltica and Rommel in the Desert all sit unplayed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
10 Apr 2013 15:24 - 10 Apr 2013 15:27 #150071 by mikecl
I've been thinking about picking up Arctic Scavengers ever since it hit my FLGS yesterday. I'm also itching to try out C02 and Clash of Cultures.

I missed picking up Runewars when it first came out so that game is also on my drool list.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2013 15:27 by mikecl.

More
10 Apr 2013 15:29 #150072 by metalface13

edulis wrote: A buddy and I have been talking about geting together to play Necromunda again... what a great game, but playing one offs is not nearly as fun as a full campaign. I floated the idea at the local games store to start a group, no takers yet.

If you live in Austin we should become best friends. Hey, back in high school my buddy and I essentially played a 2-player campaign. Better than one-offs. Maybe play it at the game store so everybody can see how awesome it is.

More
10 Apr 2013 19:30 #150091 by wadenels

mikecl wrote: I've been thinking about picking up Arctic Scavengers ever since it hit my FLGS yesterday. I'm also itching to try out C02 and Clash of Cultures.

I missed picking up Runewars when it first came out so that game is also on my drool list.

Definitely play Clash of Cultures! It even works as a 2P game, although it really shines with more. Works surprisingly well with 3 even.

More
10 Apr 2013 19:51 - 10 Apr 2013 19:55 #150092 by bfkiller
Magic Realm. I just won it (yes, won it) in a math trade and have been poring through the forums and files sections at BGG ever since. Thank god it's got a solitaire option, which should make it so much easier to absorb it gradually. What really scares me is the idea that I'll eventually have to teach it...

That and Android. I played it once two years ago in a very late-night, 4-player learning game. It was the most internally polarizing game I've ever played -- loved it, then hated it, then didn't know what to think. I borrowed it from my buddy recently and I've now memorized the rules for myself (I much prefer this to having someone else teach me) and am now looking forward to playing it with my wife. (Despite what the box says, a 2-player game works fine, no?)
Last edit: 10 Apr 2013 19:55 by bfkiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoelCFC25

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds