October 09, 2023
2557 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2757 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
31 Mar 2015 17:04 #200178 by OldHippy
I watch pretty much all the silly super hero shows. Flash, Constantine, Arrow, Shield... and I enjoy them all,
but Agent Carter is far and away the best of the bench. I hear it may not get renewed... I fucking hope it does, one season is not enough of this awesome character. The last episode or two were really cool, Cheif Dooley had a big moment that made me love him more than I thought was possible.

Honestly though, I am in love with Hayley Atwell right now.. god damnit she's charming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2015 18:15 #200181 by Grudunza
I agree. Agent Carter was very solid all the way through, and I am also now deeply in love with Hayley Atwell.

Last Man on Earth continues to impress. What a great example of having a very flawed character and putting him in situations that will bring out his bad qualities. But also just redeemable enough, every once in a while, that he's not completely off-putting. Perfect comedy vehicle.

More
31 Mar 2015 22:41 #200184 by hotseatgames
I've got 4 episodes left on Bloodline (Netflix original series) and it is pretty damn good.

More
01 Apr 2015 09:36 #200198 by Joebot

JonJacob wrote: I watch pretty much all the silly super hero shows. Flash, Constantine, Arrow, Shield... and I enjoy them all,
but Agent Carter is far and away the best of the bench. I hear it may not get renewed... I fucking hope it does, one season is not enough of this awesome character. The last episode or two were really cool, Cheif Dooley had a big moment that made me love him more than I thought was possible.

Honestly though, I am in love with Hayley Atwell right now.. god damnit she's charming.

Totally agreed. I've told my wife that the only person I would ever leave her for is Scarlett Johansson. But, I think Hayley Atwell may have pushed her way to the front of the line.
Agent Carter was very much in the Marvel movie formula (more dangerous technology doodads that have to be tracked down), but the combination of the 50's time period and Hayley Atwell made it feel different. It had STYLE, which is something that Agents of SHIELD has never had.
I don't think Marvel has made any announcements one way or the other on whether they'll be another season. I read that the audience numbers were disappointing, but the show was almost universally praised. I love the 8-episode format. You can tell a quick, lean story with not fluff.
The Netflix Daredevil show starts next week. Man, I hope that's good.

More
02 Apr 2015 01:08 #200241 by KingPut
Agree on Agent Carter, it might make my top 5 favorite shows of 2015.

I'm still digging Vikings season 3. Good acting and plot. It will be on my top 5 in 2015.

Finished Black Sails. I don't know it almost a really good show but there's just not that one actor or episode that really hooked me in.

More
02 Apr 2015 09:17 #200247 by Ska_baron
RE Walking Dead Season 5 / Finale

I must just be a fanboy at this point because those points only mildly annoyed me. I think my suspension of disbelief is more resilient with TWD because I just want to love it so much. Bring on Fear the Walking Dead! More, I say, MORE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: airmarkus

More
02 Apr 2015 10:58 #200250 by Msample
Add me to the chorus of those hoping for a return of Agent Carter. I thought they did an excellent job with the character - and yes Hayley Atwell is HOT.

The eight episode format works really well and eliminates the plot sprawl that other shows can fall victim to ( hello GOTHAM ) . I'd read somewhere that perhaps they'll alternate AoC with the S.H.I.E.L.D. series since the latter can have problems filling a full season. That would appear to be an ideal solution.

More
02 Apr 2015 14:45 - 02 Apr 2015 14:46 #200256 by ChristopherMD
If I recall, Atwell said she's hoping if they continue that each season will be in a new decade until they catch up to modern MCU. I think that would be cool.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 14:46 by ChristopherMD.

More
06 Apr 2015 12:06 #200393 by charlest
After finishing up last season of Game of Thrones (which was excellent), I'm on to Season 1 of Black Sails. First three episodes were good, actors are all solid although I find myself wishing the Fake Cook guy would get keel hulled.

Also, it makes me yearn for my early plays of Vincent Baker's Poison'd.

More
06 Apr 2015 14:24 #200401 by Frohike
Last half of the last season of Mad Men is shaping up well. The diner scenes had a bizarre Twin Peaks vibe that persisted to the very end of the episode. A lot of death surrounding Don (no surprise), which has me thinking about the eventual end of the series. Also, the turn of events with Ken Cosgrove is quite satisfying. I cannot wait to see what kind of havoc he is going to wreak in these last episodes.

More
06 Apr 2015 16:31 #200407 by Shellhead
Picked up Angel season five for $7 at a local secondhand store, and have been binge-watching it lately. It's the only season of Angel that I really enjoyed, probably because Cordelia is out and Spike is in. Spike was a fun villain in the early seasons of Buffy, but then he underwent some serious character development and eventually became a much more interesting character. The interaction between Angel and Spike in this season is consistently entertaining and elevated the show.

Aside from that, season five is also worth watching because of the ongoing ethical challenges of running the LA office of Wolfram & Hart. And Fred's transformation took a very pleasant but slightly boring character and turned her into a much more interesting character. The actress playing her exhibited some very odd body language and overall mannerisms to good effect. The boxed set unfolds in such a way that there is a nice side-by-side visual comparison the two characters. Gunn also gets to add a new dimension to his character. And most of all, this is the funniest season of Angel, though the muppet episode was a bit too much for my tastes. Far better was the episode set in Rome, which mixed absurd humor with a slightly surreal style.

More
06 Apr 2015 23:27 #200416 by Cranberries

Grudunza wrote: I agree. Agent Carter was very solid all the way through, and I am also now deeply in love with Hayley Atwell.

Last Man on Earth continues to impress. What a great example of having a very flawed character and putting him in situations that will bring out his bad qualities. But also just redeemable enough, every once in a while, that he's not completely off-putting. Perfect comedy vehicle.

I sometimes fast-forward during the cringiest parts of that show. I did that with Michael Scott in The Office sometimes too.

More
07 Apr 2015 09:06 #200422 by Legomancer
This final season of Justified is killing it. So good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample

More
07 Apr 2015 13:25 #200452 by ChristopherMD
Finished watching Better Call Saul. I thought it was great and quality-wise right up there with Breaking Bad.

More
07 Apr 2015 13:31 #200453 by Grudunza

Mad Dog wrote: Finished watching Better Call Saul. I thought it was great and quality-wise right up there with Breaking Bad.

I agree, although to an extent I wasn't as blown away by the last few episodes compared to the first few. It seemed to get more serious and ordinary, overall, whereas it started with a little bit more of a dark comedy feel. Still great, though, but not as engaging for me.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds